Raiven's Custom ShedBox

Raiven

Raiven's Custom ShedBox

Welcome all to this short thread documenting the custom build of my ShedBox...
Im just gonna get right into it with pictures...
There will be updates as often as possible until it is finished...
Most information will be pictorial...So if you have any questions or comments please let me know!!!

Thank you all!!

:welcome::thanks::peace:

20140721_145655.jpg
20140721_153554.jpg
20140721_171124.jpg
20140722_201522.jpg
20140722_201531.jpg
20140722_201538.jpg
20140722_201545.jpg
20140722_202706.jpg
20140722_202712.jpg
20140722_202714.jpg
20140723_191555.jpg

Make sure to cover the red light on your power bar and disable the LED's on the fan.

Good point KJC thank you!!

when I wrote the custom box was complete I meant mostly hahahaha
there will be tweaks done over time to perfect it

:ganjamon:

I see you changed the light in the clone/seedling area.

What did you upgrade to?

yah that work light fixture just took up too much space
when one of my companies bought out an office space we had a TON of cubicle parts leftover
some of the cubicle compartment bins that hang over your desk came with like 18" fluorescent lights attached underneath
it looked the right size so i grabbed one and it fit!!! (barely lol)

I dont know the specs of the bulb itself
but i will pull it out tonight and get a pic for you
it was just a standard one that was already in the fixture...
but the girls seem to love it!!
they shot up over night it seemed after putting that light in...so much so that they started stretching and i had to lift the tray up a bit...

:peace:

Super cool. I'd build something like it but the boss might make me sleep on the couch if I start another project. :) +reps

Thanks Athos!!
reps back atcha :thumb:

The one problem that I can see is the Compact Florescent Lights loose their effective range at 30 Centimetres or 12", You will require More small Compact Florescent Lights to be placed around the plants 10-15 Centimetres or 5"-6" away from the plants to provide good coverage.

The one problem that I can see is the Compact Florescent Lights loose their effective range at 30 Centimetres or 12", You will require More small Compact Florescent Lights to be placed around the plants 10-15 Centimetres or 5"-6" away from the plants to provide good coverage.

I agree ...
I have been thinking about ways to provide better coverage ...
Was leaning towards the same setup on the sides of the boxes as well ...
BUT
I dont want to burn the ladies though ...
So Im thinking of a way to hang more from the top ...

Suggestions?

:thanks:

You could also use T5 Florescent tubes at the sides of your box to provide light to the sides of the plants.

I believe i have a bunch of lights at my office that would work in that way ... I think they have T5s in them actually...

You could also use T5 Florescent tubes at the sides of your box to provide light to the sides of the plants.

yeah I agree, add side lighting to the box. what are the room temperatures, notice that you have a fan blowing air into the room, something to be aware of is that you don't want the exhausted heat to stay inside the room the box is in. That's a great looking box you have enough space for a HPS, but if heat is a problem LED w/T5, CFL best practice. looking forward to seeing more about this topic (tweaking the grow room is a never ending story. )

Back
Top Bottom