Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

Cool glad your enjoying yourselfs. I use to surf down in the Santa Monica area. I have been to Dana Point but I stayed up at Hunnington Beach area. I use to skate with afew friends from Dogtown. Not that I was ever good like others from out 'gang', Jay Adams, Paul Weaks, even Tony A. Cool Keepem Green

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

Hey man, it must've been cool surfing down there... Dana Point is a great surfing beach, but it's not the prettiest. Today I saw what I think was the most beautiful SoCal beach, and that was Coronada Beach just right off San Diego. Food was as good as the beach I'd say, I had a really juicy ceviche with some tortilla chips as a starter. Actually food & drinks section in San Diego was one of the high marks so far. Mean margaritas, great quality of avocado or lime. People seemed kind of reserved or at least we felt that way, but there were some absolutely awesome looking houses... you know we walked through residential area to have something worth looking at.

Well plastic grass beds everywhere, but it seemed very American... but my wife and friends got caught in the act while smoking tobacco on the street.

Well you can't smoke there on public land, signs everywhere, but the area was really pretty with real estates worth around 1,5-2,5 millions on average as I saw passing by some real estate agent... very white upper middle class neighborhood no doubt about it, but with an ocean front to die for!

Another thing I start to really depend on is Estrella Jalisco... hmm I think I'm gonna get a 6 pack tomorrow, we're going north finally and we need to put 600 miles on the clock to get to Sequoia Park.

As far as EU vs. US is concerned it really is about small differences, but I have to ponder it for a while before I can add something to it :surf: :laugh:

Tiresome day but not without a reward. We landed in this place called Three Pines on the brink of Seqouia National Park in one of these old motels now callled hotels. Beutiful park by the way!

I dunno how you call these long cornered structures with hundred or more rooms, but we don't have anything like that in Europe, and it's very typical old school American for me, so I'm happy they didn't burn them down.

Well one thing I can elaborate on already is water in Cali. It's as shitty as it gets pretty much everywhere. Lots of chlorine in tapwater, bottled RO water in markets that tastes like ass and some really stinky icewater in diners... hmm first time in my life I saw orange trees and grapevine plugged into a drip.

Yeah I could see the drought crisis really clear as we were going northeast of LA to Three Pines, and it looked dramatic with trees dying from lack of water... and with this sandy soil it's pretty easy.

Tomorrow we're heading towards Death Valley with tank full of gas and plenty of water :laugh:

Hopefully the earthquake didn't effect anything of yours this morning.
Hey everything is ok in our parts as we live in the north :thumb:

Sequoia Park/Kings Canyon. I use to open a summer camp for under privileged kids there. As a matter a fact I got a pic of me standing in the fork of General Grant Tree. That about the biggest redwood in the grove. Man pretty country for sure. They even have 'golden trout' up there above like 5-6,000'. Funny you talk about that water. It has to be heavily chlorinated. Alot is recycled from the area. I have a boy that lives down there, well as a teen he came to visit up in the SF area. I took him catfishing one night, and he asked me where he could take a piss. Well, I told him hit the river bank. After he climbed back up I told him by the time he got back home he could drink it off tap. We were fishing at the headwaters of the canal system that pipes alot of water to LA. Hell the LA River is a trickle across concrete. You'll LOVE it up north. The future the better in my eyes. Cali almost split in half awhile back over water. North Cali sucessed from the state over states rights? JK Hey I hope you get acouple pic's and throw them up. Worst thing they can do is delete them.... JK is a off topic thread. Just my dumb ass can't find it. Enjoy and Keepem Green

I'd love to upload some pics, NCW. The problem is 420 doesn't take mobile uploads and I only have phone and tablet with me. But I'm gonna do it as soon as I come back home in an off topic section.

Well we left Seqouia Park yesterday and we're in Eastern Sierras in a placed called Lone Pine, a small town not far away from the Death Valley where we're heading today to see Zabriskie Point. We're not gonna be able to ride through it without a jeep they tell us, so we plan to go halfway through and then come back.

Here the hunting season has just opened so a lot of hunters hanging around. As I understand it's also a good fishing zone, and they have hot springs around. Food is quite good, we had steaks, ribs and fish, everything was a treat... we might be even firing up a BBQ tonight :thumb:

There's a gravel, semi paved road from near Lone Pine that goes through an adjacent valley & ends up in north part of Death Valley near Scottie's Castle. It was easily traversable in my pick up. Beautiful isolation & desert scenery. A real treat at night....I've never seen so many stars ever. :passitleft:

I dunno about that part of the desert, but at night we used to find tarantulas by the bag full. We'd walk down an old dirt road in the dark, turn on our flashlights and they'd be all around.

I dunno about that part of the desert, but at night we used to find tarantulas by the bag full. We'd walk down an old dirt road in the dark, turn on our flashlights and they'd be all around.

OK Major...that creeps me man! Can ya imagine them crawling all over ya at night, camping or something....Not me ...you can count me out!:bravo::)

OK Major...that creeps me man! Can ya imagine them crawling all over ya at night, camping or something....Not me ...you can count me out!:bravo::)

They will climb into your sleeping bag for a snuggle.

They will climb into your sleeping bag for a snuggle.

Ya eh...no thanks...when i lived in Sol Cal back in 1982 , used to hike into the canyons a lot...my friend said the rattlers like to get warm by crawling into your bag with ya. I never slept a wink all night...too busy looking for the lil bastards!:bravo:

Hey guys, we didn't stay in the desert :laugh: Death Valley is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen by the way. We did Zabriskie Point, Sand Dunes and Bad Water, where you basically walk on a salt crust. Temps were around 110F, and it was perfect with hot wind blowing at you wherever you went. Not many animals there, but we saw some birds including a falcon.

Well hard to live there although there is already a golf course in the middle, but it was the last home of Manson's Family... their ranch is still there, but you have to get a jeep and drive the dirt road with GPS, and we took it easy.

Tomorrow we're heading to Yosemite and then NorCal :thumb:

Have a good night guys :passitleft:

Ok guys, long story short we're in Oakland now for the first night... I heard the city mellowed out though... probably it's all this legal weed :laugh:

Before getting here we saw Mono Lake with its absolutely amazing tufas, and Yosemite, where we stayed just for couple of hours, so I managed to see only family of deers and chipmunks... parking lot was being evacuated though when my wife went to get some food from the car. It was a bear apparently, which I wanted to take a picture with but wasn't quick enough ;)

Gorgeous place, but you'd have to camp there for a week to soak it all... and you'd have to cope with this crowd of tourists. I'm telling you it was a bitch to get to 120 highway with all this traffic!

Tomorrow we're starting with SF. Have a good night, guys :passitleft:

LOL, yeah, traffic can ruin an otherwise nice visit. :straightface: I once arrived in Yellowstone in the late afternoon, crawling along in packed traffic, low on gas ... finally found a place to sleep sometime after dark ... it kinda taints the whole wilderness experience with the automobile torture fresh in your mind. :laugh:

I'm telling you, cliches are true sometimes. We're about to drive to SF, and there are 59 degrees, it's cloudy and windy, and it's supposed to be like that for the next few days :laugh:

I'm telling you, cliches are true sometimes. We're about to drive to SF, and there are 59 degrees, it's cloudy and windy, and it's supposed to be like that for the next few days :laugh:

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." - Samuel Clemens / Mark Twain

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." - Samuel Clemens / Mark Twain

Good one!:thumb:

It's defnitely weird in here... so after cloudy and cold morning yesterday the sky started to clear up, but even though it was sunny for most of the day the wind kept me in my autumn jacket. Around 6-7 pm it was already back to October weather, and we kept pulling jumpers, scarves and whatnot from our backpacks. You just don't know what to wear here if you go out :laugh:

It's a very scenic city with these roads going up and down the hill, you need to be careful when starting the car :laugh:

The worst disappointment for me was Golden Gate Park. With one more car alley in the middle there would be a highway with few green isles here and there. However we've hung out in Haight-Ashbury a little bit, which is now a shopping district for stoners and hipsters. I bought a nice pocket bong there, and I saw the houses of Grateful Dead and Janis Joplin. Very much like Camden Town in London.

Where SF has been really shining was the food though, fantastic sushi in Japantown, and great lobster rolls and fresh crab in Fisherman's Wharf... but I keep smelling the same weed all over the place. It's like every bud was grown exactly the same way or came from the same warehouse.

I wish we had time to see NorCal countryside, but there's just not enough days in our calendar. So far I'm telling you, in Cali some cities are pretty ugly like LA and some are quite nice like SF, but there are some serious heavyweight nature delights, which really made an impression on all of us.

Back
Top Bottom