Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Dog

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

So we chopped everything today. I examined trichs before I did it, but saw 100% cloudy with some amber popping already, so didn't hesitate a lot. These 4 plants of mine weathered recent humidity spikes nicely, no mold, one was more affected by caterpillars, but this was the weakest plant after all.

Nice terpenes expressions this time around, fuel is almost everywhere in F2. Some got more on the passion fruit side though, and you can also smell ginger, fresh cucumber or grapefruit peel, but as soon as I've hung them on the rope smell of piss started spreading everywhere :smokin:

Brixwise they are lower than after 4 weeks of drought when they were hitting 17-19. After some rain they went down to 12-13 on average, but sample was very promising, I got stoned on the joint just after few puffs, and it's still a creeper exactly like F1 was with initial euphoria, mood improvement and final relaxation :surf:

Ok, here are some harvest pics.

IMG_53329.JPG
IMG_53367.JPG
IMG_53415.JPG
IMG_53434.JPG
IMG_53505.JPG
IMG_53527.JPG
IMG_53673.JPG
IMG_53708.JPG
IMG_53723.JPG

As they're seeded most of it will go into hash. I'll go with proper hang dry method this time without taking any leaf until they are dry enough to start curing :Namaste:

Re: Ramble In The Jungle Feat - OG Kush - Ultra Dog - Ghost Train Haze & Colombian Do

I find brix lowers near harvest. I'm wondering if more of the minerals/sugars/sap is being sent to the buds rather than to the fan leaves.
I've been getting consistent readings for the last month+. I took a reading a couple of days ago and it was 3-4 points lower than in the past. Last year I noticed the same thing. It makes sense being as fans either turn yellow or go limp in some cases.
Congrat's on bringing them home! :cheer:

Well Major, from my experience Brix are negatively related to moisture in the ground and RH. When they go down, providing plant has enough nutrients available in rootzone, Brix will always jump 3-5 points as plant starts producing sugars to counterbalance lack of water. Actually I proved it once in air-pots letting the plants dry up totally by the end, cause I got 22 Brix this way, and it never happened again.

I agree. More water in the plant = lower brix.
In my case, the amount of water/moisture isn't changing much, if any. I water them the same way throughout. They are under cover, so not getting rain or other sources of water. I take leaf samples from the same places at the same time of day (m/l) and do it on my non-watering days. Even our RH isn't very different with 75-80% in the early morning, dropping to 30-ish% in late afternoon. Everything is kept as consistent as possible for my measurements. GG4 has been reading 23-24, but the most recent was 20-21. GG4 is the healthiest and most sugary-looking plant I've grown so far. Even the largest, oldest fan leaves are staying green and healthy. Last fall I noticed the same thing on both strains I grew, but with all the foliars in Doc's kit, it was more variable. I'm going to take more readings to try and confirm. Most of my other plants are difficult to compare veg to bloom brix because the leaves I use for brix readings tend to "fade" in mid-late bloom.

Here I rarely get fade, sometimes heavier nitrogen feeders decide to suck lower foliage dry, but that's it. Hmm another thing that I changed this season is I decided to top dress with wood ash three weeks ago... hmm mainly cause I wanted to see if it improves or changes the taste in some way. There's some potassium in wood ash, but it's mainly calcium and magnesium. If this lowered the Brix by itself? I really don't know.

Here I rarely get fade, sometimes heavier nitrogen feeders decide to suck lower foliage dry, but that's it. Hmm another thing that I changed this season is I decided to top dress with wood ash three weeks ago... hmm mainly cause I wanted to see if it improves or changes the taste in some way. There's some potassium in wood ash, but it's mainly calcium and magnesium. If this lowered the Brix by itself? I really don't know.

conrad, true about ash :thumb:...but it may be too much K?

Bulletin #2279, Using Wood Ash on Your Farm | Cooperative Extension Publications | University of Maine

I thought wood ash (at least the black char) was mostly 'K'.

No, it's mostly calcium actually (that's why it's white), but there's some potassium too.

I know Ziggs, but they analyzed wood ash, and although it varies depending on the wood or material burnt, wood ash typically contains 25-51% calcium carbonate.

Hmm I've been actually using wood ash for some time, just mainly for tomatoes, which love this stuff. But I used it extensively for weed when I was still on the organic bomb trip. Few years back I was tilling hard, and then mixed compost, with bat guano, and wood ash. And it does work, can get you even few lbs a plant in guerilla conditions. Tastewise and highwise however this is the middle ground for me now as it doesn't reach High Brix standard. However if I find the experience good with this batch of weed, I might give ole' wood ash a try next year early in the season and in flowering as it helps to break heavy soil, which I'm gonna have to deal with if I don't find an extra spot. Challenges we have to face to grow great weed, eh? :surf::laughtwo::tokin:

Drive by. Hey still waiting to see your favourite pic from your trip...... I see ya'll talking amendments for your soil. I use to do alot of guerrilla growing back in the day. When I was planing on doing repeat growing in an area I like to throw some long term stuff out there. Saves trips and the work of toking it out there, besides then it's there, when it's needed. I've never used ash cept to do alittple ph adjustment once, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents like I tend to do. Look into coarse ground bone meal and some rock phosphate. I always shyed away from the triple rock and opted for the super. I think the triple is 0-45-0 something close and super is like 18%. Stuff will last 5-6 years before it totally breaks down. Hella longer than the bat craps last. And the bone meal last along time too bring in some Cal. Another good thing about the bone meal, it makes perfect food for the microbial shit to kick in high gear.
Becarefull playing to much Johnny Apple Seeed with them beans,,,, might bite ya in the ass,,, if the wind blows the wrong way. Damn pollen can fly ALONG ways on a wind. Congrad's on the harvest. Like you said least ya got some values. GL and Keepem Green

Hey NCW, I'm gonna upload the pics very soon. And thx for the advice, we'll be digging the soil very soon there.

So I've taken them down, and put in a carton box. There's a lot of popcorn that will be grinded tomorrow for hash. Overall weight surprised me as it's a full pound + oz, but it's all pollinated, so 50% of it is probably smoking weight. So far I rolled a nice ball of finger/scissor hash, which I'm gonna try tonight, and the rest will be cured slowly. Smellwise this run is into biodiesel, pissy/lemoney and bubblegum/fruit passion territory.

IMG_53788.JPG
IMG_53828.JPG
IMG_538413.JPG
IMG_538510.JPG
IMG_538813.JPG
IMG_53909.JPG
IMG_53939.JPG

:Namaste:

:thumb:

Still looks like she got alot of fat tric's on her. Better than no harvest,, and you did get a vacation outta it. Hope all's well in your world and Keepem Green

Yeah it's not so bad, and I have to be satisfied with what I got till next harvest. Now UDs are not hash plants, so they don't produce shitloads of trichomes, but I'm pleased to say most of what I sampled so far, and this is trim and some hash, is leaning more on the indica side. I'd like to have my first favorite phenos that I lost to make further conclusions about how F2 turned out, but I can definitely say the strain moved one step ahead in the right direction, and it's gonna be easier for me to stabilize the strain in the future.

Ok, so finally I'm sure there is a lot of angles here. They change from pheno to pheno. Just tried the fruity pheno and it was a ten tonne hammer with my back to daily smoking. Not as relaxing though more on the Chem side :laughtwo:

I've made this hash eventually... another case when hash doesn't kick the quality up. Now it was mostly this midget gassy/onion plant, immature popcorn, which is why the potency is quite low, but it was better as a painkiller... hmm selecting cbd pheno would also be nice after all, but with so many new strains out there I think I'd be better off trying one of them bitches :surf: :laughtwo:

Hmm anyway I reckon we're gonna be wrapping the show up shortly I'll just start Cali thread with pics in off topic section and give you a link. Might drop few comments on them too :passitleft:

Ok guys, so thread with pics from Cali are here. I'm not gonna drop them like 1k a session, less stuff but definitely my favorite snaps.

Conradino's Cali summer trip

:tokin:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom