Random Pictures From And Ramblings Of A Fool

Switched out the smaller LED to the 400W HID today because I can't get the temps I need. That thing is so much better than either LED. So much penetration and the entire tent is just BAM lite up.

I need to wait on using these LEDs until the summer.

I have decide at my elevation my air is so thin I have to ramp up humidity I think. I have been in a tolerable range for most if the grow so in need to run it up higher. And...I think the were running better under the HID so we shall see.

Too much going on...I spent all day yesterday staining the island and hearth. Hopefully after in about 3 weeks I will be done building this place and have all the contractors out and I can unpack my grow stuff propper. I still have to unbox and redbox and move stuff... I dont have my timer setup... I just moved the electrical cords to the top...they have been on the ground. Total mess out there still but I have to finish the house.

80 degrees and 80 RH is getting them to stand back up. I need to make the air in that room super heavy. I hate to break down and get a humidifier but ... here we go. I just can't keep it up around 80+ RH on towels without burning the plants.

This just kills me...I hate using humidifiers with a passion. I have out right refused to us them many times and made it work. This time I may be hosed.

...edit

I got in close and they seem to be alright. I raised the lights a bunch and we shall see. I might be okay as is....

Sorry but I use the HID glasses for my phone and leave my lights on so the color is so so.

It is hard to see but the new growth is coming in great and thick. The original growth that stopped is all a mess and going to come off soonish. The plants started scavenging when the roots stopped. I think if I keep the HID in there things will be fine.

I been providing tea as a foliar feed since the roots haven't been working. That has helped a lot.

I ran the fan up a bit over night to see about bringing down the temps a smidge. It brought the humidity down a lot and the plants were dropping again.

So of to Walmart this afternoon.

So things are finally turning around. Took a week like I thought as they were stunted. I have to keep the humidity above 72% or else. The plants are rebounding but the shock is taking all of the original fan leaves. They are all being scavenged.

The branches are starting to move again so I was able to tie down the bottom. One of the FIM jobs I did miss so I popped it today. I don't know why I keep trying to FIM. I have about a 70% success rate and I am getting real lazy and bad about it.

The new growth is coming in well. Should be good from here on I hope. No harm no foul this early in the grow.

I may take clones in the next few days. I almost did today...I like to wait till the ones I am taking are bigger. Possibly now that the bottom is more open and light is getting there I can clone them tomorrow.

Then I have to decide since it is a seed run ... do I bloom now some small plants so I can get to a full grow or push these along a bit for some weight. I may grow these out a bit.

My buddy dropped off some plants that are guaranteed genetixs... bit have the worst insect infestation.

I am keeping them separate and aggressively treating. Hopefully what I do works and I can do a write up. I am taking pics as I go.

I trained them hard yesterday and finished brewing tea today. Gave them lots of foliar feeding this evening and the pic below showed them hanging under the weight. But the real reason is the 5 gallon pots are showing roots coming out of the bottom. I don't want to repot again. I probably have way more than allowed as is and should start bloom.

So maybe 1 more week. I really want to see the first node sets a bit more mature on each branch before blooming.

Side note both have displayed sex now and both are female. One of the multiple great Side bonus to surviving a hard veg stress. It is a good thing to stress them hard in veg. Foe many reasons.

These will be decent yielders for sure.

Droop round deux. I saw some droop and felt the pots and they were cold. They are doing the same thing again. So I put in my big light yesterday. The pots are warming up well. The LEDs will have to wait for summer.

I forgot how big that sucker is. I put it to 750W and it is so dang bright and warm in there. It clearly has a lot to do with the radiated energy because I am setting the room temp the same but the pots are much warmer. Hopefully I get this turned around this time before it causes major stunting.

All right so I have a question for ya'll.

My buddy needs a light. He has a new recreational license and a 45 ft container and bought a bunch of budget cheap LED lights that may not flower well. I sure dont know myself.

I have all in all 1 extra light right now. At first I told him he could borrow my 400W HPS to add some spectrum in the middle of the container.

Now I was just thinking. I wonder if my 2 140W Mars 300 and my 400W HPS would be fine for me and he can have my top of the line setup. I bet I can bloom fine running my 3 lights. Then he can put my 1000W DE that overdrive to 1150 in his place.

My wife is like make him go buy his own. But he is a total miser and went out and bought like 15 of these shit lights I think. He does stuff like this then comes and asks me will it work.

I think I should use my LEDs and my magnetic ballast 400 from 20 years ago. Let my freind use my good stuff.

Am I crazy? I think in could pull decent flower with the 2 LEDs and a 400w HPS.

You should only loan out what you absolutely do not want to give up, cause people seldom return what they borrow. let the "friend" work his way up the light ladder like we all did, from CFL's to LED and beyond. He'll find out that in the long run he didn't save any $.

Funny story...I ended up taking some infested clones from him which wiped out this grow. Shutting down tonight. Throw the girls out in the freezing temps for a bit then recycle em. Maybe set up for some autos. Possibly start setting up that hydro I been wanting to do. Need to let the cycle of insects die off first.

Ciao.

I am now caught up on this journal, VI. I hope I get enough notifications that I can remember to keep coming back. ;-)

Going on my 4th year of growing, and I have learned that preparation of soil (with plenty of natural additives plus a dosing of NEEM) is really all the transplants need for veg. I suffered no deficiencies, but I gave a dose of nutes on the day of switch, then plain water every since. (I'm at week 7 from switch) I also have well water that is very high in Ca, so I don't need to add any. The runoff is around 7. So the soil seems to balance the hi pH of the water out.

Unlike you, I have hi temp problems and low humidity, since I grow in the corner of my bedroom. I really do think, after reading your entire journal, that low temps may be an issue for you, and the switch to a higher wattage light for the heat was a wise move. My grow unit is open at the top, so the heat leaves the tent and circulates in my room.

I DO get the impression that you try too hard. ;-) But you seem to have figured out your new grow space, and that is very good! We both go "old school" when possible, and not chase the latest and greatest ideas/tech/equipment.

I pretty much neglected this current grow of mine and it is the best one I've had in a year. The biggest joy is I learned how to eliminate the mites before they even got a start. (freeze the soil, then dose well with organics and a soak with diluted NEEM oil.) My bins were prepared weeks ahead of my popping seeds, and so they had time to cook before I put the babies in their big-girl bins.

And I don't accept gifts of clones anymore. :rolleyes: My grandson's clones were always infested.:(

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom