Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

My tripod broke so no new pics for a few days. I hate cheap ass shit anyway. I wanted to replace it a while back but it was doing the job ok. Nothing is bringing that broke leg back LMAO. Sucks not being able to take pictures. Luck is with me. The new tripod should be here before too many plants finish.

Here is the first Headband to finish. It is the last photo before the tripod broke. Nice smell and early samples have a nice Headband high. It is also pumping out seeds from the hybrid with the JC 2.

I never got chance to do a close up. Damn the luck.

I have never in my life seen a cat play fetch that would be cool as hell to see. Man that really sucks about the tri-pod would love to see some close ups of that girl. She sure does have some massive fans, I pretty excited about this hybrid cant wait to see what the JC2 brings to the table!!

The fact that it has the Headband high to start is the key. The JC 2 might breed it out or it might make it stronger. Thing is if the high wasn't right from the mother this would be a bust from the start. It still is not a great Headband. This pheno has more of indica influence in the high. That is kind of a good thing. Both the other sour ones are the clones being selfed.

The sourest is the one being reversed. It has been sprayed for the last 2 weeks and is just starting to bud. 2 more weeks and I will move all the other clones in. If all goes well here is what the hybrids would be.

Headband x Headband
Tangalope x Headband
Genius X Headband.

While I don't know anything about the Tangalope it is a hell of a good looking plant. The genius hybrid will be good. I don't know how good. Chances are slim that these 2 plants would make something that sucked. Everything is depending on the reversed Headband to put out lots of pollen.

Just chopped her today. Micro Trailer Trash Betty at 8 weeks of flowering, 11 weeks from seed under 11/13 lightcycle using 1tsp/ga of maxibloom since sprout. Grown in coco/perl/verm and aquarium gravel. Thought I would share.

She is pregnant by my signature (lol) Devil's Pitchfork and I expect very purple offspring.

Turned out well for you.
Cant wait to grow a few big ones out. The taller pheno has a bit longer to go, but has a ton more seeds in her.

My grow space gets an overhaul after the annual inspection next week. Going to be building an 1100k cob fixture for the tent, moving my old mars300 to a homemade veg/clone/autoflower box, and moving on to larger pots for the tent. Getting closer to trying out some Purple Betty seeds from the stash, no need for micro testers because I know that they will be great.

It has been a couple days since I updated everything. The new starts are all under 1000 watt HPS. Flower plants are flowering.

I was caught way off guard this grow. From feeding to flower time. I can't believe I was this far off on flower time. In my defence 2 of the early finishing plants were very Cinderella 99 phenos and finish in the 45 day range. My mistake was thinking the rest were right behind them.

With the extra growth going on now I know they are not ready. Plants that I thought at first were not putting on weight have started too. Plant health and other things affect harvest time. Some of that might be the problem. Mostly I was mistaken on how long it would take them to go from 3/4 cloudy to ready.

Real happy I added a bunch of guano on top of the soil weeks back. I knew some were going to take a long time to finish and may need more nuits. With feeding problems early I wanted them to finish being as healthy as possible. I thought this was going to adversely affect the flavor and burn as I wasn't going to be able to flush it all out. Well looks like not only will it get to be flushed out most needed the extra nuits. Pretty good when a mistake can help you.

Another thing to mention. While I had preconceived ideas of when these plants were going to finish I am waiting tell the trichomes say they are done. This really saved me this time. I have only grown one of these strains before so I had no clue on finish time. All the more reason to use a scope to check plants. I don't know how much the THC percent will change. It will get stronger but by how much and is it worth it? In most cases it is better to wait. So much happen at the end of flower. Some strains greatness is only found late in flower. So wait tell you hairs all turn red then start looking. It will save you a couple weeks of wonder LOL.

Remember you can never go back when you chop a plant. What was lost will be lost forever.

I have a random thought. Now that hemp is legal. Ag companies are already building equipment to work the feilds. Say there's a field of hemp next to my house and there's male hemp plants in the field. It's likely that the pollen will drift around for long distances. People who are growing will likely bring it in on themselves or it will be able to make it thru windows. I'm surrounded by ag fields. Probably just worries from stoned thinking, I hope. Lol

True fact not worries. If a field of hemp is grown next to your house. Pollen is going to be a issue. Filters on intakes will be a must. On the bright side there is only going to be 4 months or so of it being really bad.

At some point in time hemp is going to create problems for growers. To much can be done with Hemp. It really does need to be grown and used. If you take advantage of what can be done with hemp. Then you are going to affect marijuana growers in the area. There is no clear answer for this problem that I can see.

Good morning Jack. Coffee time for me. I have a question for you about 24 k gold from DNA genetics. Have you ever grown it. I searched for it here and saw a comment about Tangie you made. I have couple of those beans soaking

I have not tried the 24K gold. Lots of other stuff from DNA though. If it is what I am thinking it is. It has been around for a while. If they still carry it it is good. I have had very little trouble with DNA genetics. Tell I do I would swear by anything they carry.

About the Tangy. I grew the Crockett's Family Farm seeds. They are the original breeder and gifted it to DNA. I don't know how different they will be. The Crocketts had almost a manufactured orange smell is was so strong. If you liked it great, if not there was no getting around it. Flavor was like the smell. High was fantastic but the flavor put me off.

With that said the Tangalope I got from DNA has none of that smell. They are just now starting to smell anything like orange and it is really light. DNAs Tangie is different than the Crocketts I just don't know how.

A few years back a cup in Amsterdam had both of them in it. They both placed. Crocketts won and DNA got third. So they are both good. DNA is known for strong smells and flavors. Hopefully in this case it does not have a stronger smell than the Crocketts.

Thanks for the info on the DNA stuff. I appreciate it. I've never ran anything from them. Had these for awhile and figured I'd try to get them to pop. I also have a couple of 9 lb hammer's soaking. I'm going to to start a journal soon. Maybe you can stop by and drop some knowledge. Lol. I've been growing for four years. But I'm a seat of the pants type of guy. Nothing really structured about my grows

Back
Top Bottom