Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Sorry for hijacking your thread bro, but I had to share a few pics of the GI.JANES. They are both in #1 plastic pots with soil and the only training has been lst.
Here is my favorite pheno of the 2, she has shorter/thicker branching and more of a strong sweet dank smell.
GI.Jane#1
20190208_172117.jpg
20190208_172033.jpg

The other pheno has long/skinny branching, and is a bit taller. I can't quite pin point her smell yet, its kind of a funk smell. Both will be going into #3 fabric pots with soil soon. Give them a few weeks in the #3's, then to flower they go!!
GI.Jane#2:
20190208_172257.jpg
20190208_172327.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality, the bullet fragments in my shoulder makes my hands shake bad. Plus I'm using a crappy cell phone to take them with lol.

Only thought for today is how long I keep the reversed female in the 400 watt tent. As much as I hate to do it I am going to have to move a couple plants to it once pollination is done.

The 60 x 60 tent is wall to wall now. The fact that all the Snowdawgs are female didn't help much lol. Not complaining at all. I do have places to move them so it is really no big deal. 400 watts will finish them, just not as well as the 1000. Which plants to move is the biggest question. The Tangilope is a given. I don't like it as much as the Headbands. I am just not sure if I will move any of the seed plants or not. My guess is the clones will do better under the 400 watt light. I just hate pulling plants I know are good to flower plants I know nothing about. HMMMM.

The thought is to let all new genetics be what they can be. Even if the Headbands don't produce much they will still be just as strong. I could also move the shortest plants. They will not need as much light penetration. The problem with that is my plants are not real tall this time. I am not going to need the penetration I had before. High wattage still makes bigger buds. Short plants can always be put on booster seats if need be. So height doesn't matter.

Everything is going to open up some more once stretch is over. Even with that it would be tough getting everything the room it needs the way things are now. Humidity is never a issue for me. In fact the more plants the better when it comes to that. The major factor is that the 400 watt light. Normally I run all my lights at the same wattage. It makes it easy to move stuff as needed. Not a good idea to move stuff from low wattage to high. So what I decide will be final.

As you all know I kind of make decisions on the fly. I mentioned before that I was running out of room in the 60 x 60 tent. No males so I have too many plants. Not a big problem when I have a tent in flower with extra room. The only problem is that it is only a 400 watt grow. Too late to try and bump up the lights to high wattage. It could cause some of them to hermie. Still plenty of room. It may not be powerful but it is a good light. Plants will do fine they just won't produce like the plants under the 1000 watt light.

What to move has been bothering me. I couldn't figure out what to move along with the Tangilope clone. I don't want to move the Tangilope clone tell the reversed Headband is out of the tent. That is going to be a few more days at least. I prefer to just leave it in there tell it dies. I need as much pollen as I can get. Why I don't get the clouds of pollen my mentor gets is beyond me. So I need it to be in there as long as it can be to get every molecule of it.

I still need some room now. Since there isn't tons of pollen, all my seeded plants can be smoked. Might as well take advantage of this fact. I moved one of the Cinderella 99 plants into the seed tent. It is just barely starting to flower. It should be able to produce enough hairs in time to catch pollen. While the best way to make this hybrid would be to use Cinderella 99 as the father. This is the opportunity I have right now. I plan to do it the right way in the future. Hybrids should really be tried going both ways to be sure. The major difference would be crossing a long flowering strain to a short flowering one. With hybrids with similar but not long flowering times can go both ways easier. Tell then I will see what happens crossing it this way. If I only get a couple seeds fine. If for some reason I get tons I can use it for shatter. Any seeds will definitely be feminized.

The be sure part is what has me wondering. I am not positive my reversed plants didn't carry JC 2 pollen on themselves to the females. That could be where the seeds I got came from. Pretty sure I got it out in time not too. I just don't know for sure. Last time I ever have both types of pollen during a grow. Let alone 4 different types LMAO.

Yes I did. It wasn't bad from a plant that was pollinated before it even had hairs LMAO. I did get a chance to make some F-2 seeds from it and will try them in the future.

I did see some real interesting stuff from what I saw of this strain. Tell then I will just have to look at its hybrids I made with it.

Did I say I was over run? Not sure I could forget it as you will see. Everything is going to work out fine I think. Everything is packed in pretty tight right now. I will be moving the Tangilope clone in a few more days. That will open things up to acceptable levels. All this time in the 1000 watt tent is giving it a great start. It should finish fine with 400 watts. Here is the big tent. Other than the Headband clone in the back everything is healthy as hell.The Headband just got fed it will green up in a day or 2.

Next up we have the small tent. I pulled 9 of the bushiest plants to put in here. For some reason the are not as tall as the other tent. Normally I move the short plants over. This time I pulled some of the bigger plants. Still some plants are running shorter than the 60 x 60 tent. I am not worried about it because the plant average from the small tent was better last grow even though they were shorter.

Now that I have had time to run through some of the Chocoloco I pollinated with the reversed Critical. I am starting to wonder if my feminized seeds really are that. I was expecting a few more seeds at least. All the plants I reversed were in the same tent as the Jacks Cleaner 2 male at one time. I tried to get it out in time for it not to taint the pollen from the reversed plants. Not sure if that worked. The amount of seeds I am getting may have come from the very first time I tried to pollinate. Carrying pollen from the regular male on themselves to the plants I wanted to feminize. Thank good this time I have no regular males around. New rule! Only one male around at the same time reversed or not LMAO. Still the plants themselves were good. Even if they are not feminized seeds they should be a good hybrid LOL.

The Chocoloco was the last one pollinated and was barely starting to flower when everything was going on. I did have to grow the Chocoloco I pollinated with the JC 2 in the same tent. Pollen may have transferred that way. I don't get many residual seeds in the plants from this tent like I did from the big tent I used the JC 2 pollen in. Something I would expect if cross pollination was the problem. Who knows. I guess that is why I need to test seeds after I make them LMAO. Pretty sure they will grow a pot plant at least.

What happens when there are no bad choices. Well now I know. My first impression of this new grow is I smoke too much pot LMAO. I am smoking way more weed then I need to be. When you don't have strains that put you to sleep it is easy to do.

In lots of cases you really don't realize how high you are. Stretch out for a bit and close your eyes and see what happens. I have to be immobile for a hour or so every day to let the nerves calm down in my neck and shoulders. Doing this these days is a big eye opener. It actually takes me a while to lower my heart rate and calm my mind. Pretty much laying there with my head going Wah Wah Wah. What is really fun is when I can make my head do that when my eyes are open. There are a couple strong enough to do it to me anytime. Even with your eyes open.

Not sure if it is my brain or my tastes in strains. I have never had this good of sativa dominant strains. Even my start the day weed. I can smoke to much of. Got to like that. Then that becomes part of the problem LOL. I try and make sativa dom strains do what the hybrids do. Even when I am not getting the effects I want. I keep smoking getting higher and higher when I am looking for stoned. With only a half pound of indica dom stuff it only gets smoked before bed.

I guess I can be considered a whiner. When your only complaint is your pot gets you too high then you are a whiner! Should have picked different strains to start with LMAO.

Your tents are packed with some very healthy ladies!!! Should be a beautiful sight when their all covered in fat buds!!!
Your weed problem sounds like the kind of problem most of us wish for lmao!!!

Even with no artistic abilities. I managed to get a couple good bud shots. You can do a lot with a tripod and a timer lol. Still need some work before they are ready for bud shots. Practice makes perfect. Download time was slow so no close ups this time.

Genius S-1

Putins Crack

Basic Skunk 99 x C-99

Seedking Purps x Tahoe Og, Menthol pheno

Chocoloco

Just from the pictures I am wondering what you guys think looks best. Of course I know what is good and what is great already. Like I mentioned none of them are bad LOL. There is a major difference between the highs from these buds. I really can't see much difference from looking at them. Look and smell really tell you nothing these days LMAO.

The color of the Genius S1 is magnificent, I love the bud structure of the Basic Skunk99 x C99, but the trich coverage on the Seed King purps x Tahoe Og has me over here drooling!!! They all have their own thing that makes them look amazing super hard to pick a favorite.
:bravo:

Yeah purple is hard not to like. The Basic skunk 99 x C-99 is the plant I thought was genius in the small tent. The same plant I did for POTM contest.

Just goes to show you you can't tell by looking. They are all good, they just take you to different places LOL.

Only major plans for today is to move the reversed male to a closet by itself. It is not totally finished yet but close. It could go on for another week or so. I just don't know. Thing is. No use making seeds that won't finish. It is time to pull the male and let the females go to work. I am pretty sure this reversed female dropped some pollen. I just don't know how much. I really like the Headband plant so I will finish it by itself and use what is left to try and do a branch or 2 from this new flowering crop. They will be ready for pollen soon buds are starting to form.

Which plants to try is still to be decided. I will never be able to grow the Snowdawg 3 again. I started all that I had and there were no males. So this strain should be concidered. It is a Snowdawg 2 backcross from what I can find out. It is going to be hit and miss with it. I am going to have to choose before I know any info that is going to help. I have got lucky before maybe I will again.

Back to 4 growing places. The reversed female is now under a LED light on its own. I moved the last plant to the 400 watt tent with the hopefully seeded clones. Lots of room in this tent. The extra room it will give all the other plants they needed. Pretty sure everything will do better this way. It has been a long time since I flowered a plant in 400 watts of light. I know it works as I used to use one LOL. My only worry here is that the plant I moved would produce a lot more under the 1000. Tangilope is good and this is a clone of the best one. I just may not need more sativa. If I get rid of any it will be the one to go. So I don't wan to waste room for something that is not needed. Better to give all the new stuff a place to shine. Let the Tangilope produce what it does. The Chocoloco clone that came from this tent a while back produced 2 ounces. It was under 750 watts for a while I just don't remember how long. The Tangilope has a great start at budding from the 1000 watt light. It is through stretching so all that is left is making buds and bulking up. I think the 400 can do that.

That is the hope here anyway. The canopy in both tents is as good as I could have hoped. Everything has 5 to 10 branches up in the light. I am almost 3 weeks into flower so stretch should be over soon with most strains. If all the branches that are in the canopy stay there this could be a good harvest. Still need to keep them alive and healthy for all that promise to pan out. 2 months is a long damn time LMAO.

4 grow spots, damn your a busy man lol. I can hardly keep up with my 2 plus my older buddies when he needs help. I cant wait to see some pics of the girls with nugs on them this round!! Nothing but fire genetics in Jackalope's garden!!!

Back
Top Bottom