420 Magazine Background

Random Thoughts, Plants & Genetics

Jackalope

I know that is killing me LOL. Not sure if it is the fact of trying to self already feminized strains or something else. Making 2 major changes this grow. Spraying just the top and letting it pollinate the lower section. I am also going to use a different product to reverse the females.

I am so close is what bothers me. I am sure I will figure it out in time. Till I do I am still going to need to take advantage of the males I get. Some strains like Headband Haze I will make no matter what. Thing is the strains I like the most are grown every other grow or so. All I have left of some of them are regular seeds. So with them I need to go with what I know when I know it LMAO.

Jackalope

Kind of weird not having anything going. Planning has helped me through the last couple weeks LOL. Shouldn't be long now. Couple of weeks tops. The move is actually going pretty well so far.

The worst thing I have figured out is I am going to need a new tent LMAO. I Know I know. I already have 3. They all are too big. or most anyway. Always figured bigger was better tell now. While I have lots of places to put small tents I am real limited on where to put a 48 x 48 x 80. The main tent is a given. I will probably use one for veg. Thing is for breeding I need another tent. This is when one of those 60" tall models would be real handy. On the bright side the people that were ate out by grasshoppers are thinking about trying indoors. I can probably set them up with my unused stuff.

Dankman_420

I have a 32"x48"x60" I really like. My basement ceiling is 73" high so I can't use a 80". Which sucks because I have a 4'x8'x80" in storage I'd love to use. I can't find any big tents that are 72". Well not bigger than a 3'x3'. I might have to build a wooden enclosure for flower

Jackalope

I saw one yesterday in the 70" range while I was browsing tents on amazon. I forget who made it. Like you said most stay with the 60 and 80" models. I'm still trying to figure out how to put together a 80" tent in a 82" room. Not much space left to pull everything over the top. They need to make them like the insta-tent I bought that shit would be cool.

Jackalope

So the extra height just came from the peak of the triangle? It is weird that the only tent that is different than all the others is a cheap model. You would think there would be more tents in the 72" range. I'm glad all I need is room to veg so a 60" will be perfect for that. I will probably sell one 48 x 48 x 80 tent to a friend. After the grasshopper thing I expect them to be switching to indoors LOL.

Jackalope

Well that was stressful. But the bulk of the move is over. Moving sucks after 50 Years old and I'm a few years past that. Not only the work involved. Having everything in limbo really stressed me out. Must be the age thing. In my younger years limbo never bothered me. I could pack everything up into a backpack and move on. Most times continuing to move till I found where I wanted to be. Which was where the work was LMAO. Till the age of 28 I never lived in one place longer than 1 year. That started at the age of 4 so not all of it was me lol. I took over at 14 and kept the moving thing going. I found 1 job I really liked and stayed there for 3 years. Everything has went down hill from there LMAO.

Like I said the move is done. We have to show the old house on Thursday so no break for me yet. I am hoping by Friday things will settle down enough I can start putting together my new grow. Everything looks like it will work fine as I had planned. I am sure there will be some fine adjustments but that is a given. One thing I have learned over time. Don't germinate seeds till the tent is built. Popping seeds and setting up a T-5 is simple. Thing is if something goes wrong with the set up. There I am waiting to transfer starts that should be under full light.

A few days is no big deal. Starting the move a month earlier than planned help with that. I am 2 to 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Still not positive on the new strains. Most are for sure I am just deciding to go with move Indica dom strains with the last 4. Decided on Blueberry Headband for sure I just need another one right now. I am dropping the Franco's Lemon Cheese for something with more body. Going into the winter so that means more couch time which means indica LMAO. Going back to seedfinder for more info today so I can run a few strains through my mind before I start seeds.

I really want to try the Chocolate Critical. If it is what I think it will be it would be perfect. The only problem with it is I don't know what the smoke will be like. There is a slight chance these seeds were from the JC 2 male that was alive when it was in pre-flower. That could make it more sativa dom. A chance I can't take right now. I am sure I will find something with a 140 or more strains I think I can muddle through. LMAO. Off to seedfinder now have a great day people.

Jackalope

Pretty sure I will be going with Chocolate Chunk as the last indica. Can't get more indica than pure Afghani LMAO. I am running it because it is a cross of 2 Afghani strains. Afghani is one strain I have not checked out yet. Or in a while anyway. Afghani #1 was one of the first strains I bought from SSSC the first time. That was back in the 1980's. Might be time to try it again.

Chocolate Chunk rated pretty good at 6.5 out of 10 on seedfinder. That is actually better than it sounds. I like to keep the ratings in the 7 to 8 range. Nothing rates much higher than that. All ratings are a overall thing. Hybrids usually rate higher than pure indicas in lots of case's. I don't care if it has a great high I just need it to put me to sleep. If it can do that it will be a success. I am getting caught up on the new house. I will probably spend some time today working on the new grow space.

I had a ground breaking idea yesterday LMAO. When I moved the indoor outdoor thermometer yesterday I had a thought. Why not put the outdoor sensor in the grow room. Can't believe I never thought of this before. Now I have living room and grow room temps displayed. I was totally surprised to see lower temps in the G.R. than where the display and sensor are in the living room. where I mounted it has a lot to do with it I am sure. Thing is the placement of the swamp cooler pushes more air to where I need it than I thought. Once I start exhausting hot air from the ceiling area it will suck in even more cool air. All is looking pretty good so far room temps are in the low 70's right now. That's a lot of wiggle room temp wise.

Jackalope

Well that could have been the shortest time I have had a strain on my to grow list LOL. Chocolate chunk has been replaced by Bubblicious, Nirvana's Bubble Gum. Gained half a percentage point LOL. Bubblicious is rated at 7. Always been curious about it. Now is as good of a time as any to take a peak.

I have this one and I have TH seeds Bubble Gum. I will save the Bubble Gum for a time when I can self or bred it if I like what I find. They really should be similar. Neither company claims to have made it. They just carry feminized versions of what was bred in Indiana years ago. Other than that there have been no other changes. I don't expect any more changes now. I am pretty happy with everything I have decided on.

Orlando Scout

Glad to hear you have the move behind you!! From some of the genetic research I’ve been doing Bubble Gum was one of the first creations by Adam Dunn. I just can’t remember if it was when he was working at Sensi or after he opened TH Seeds. Can’t wait to see your next grow feels like it’s awhile!! Have a good day my friend!!!

Top Bottom