Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

The Carophyllene is found black pepper. It's supposed to help reduce the barrier between blood and brain and make the cannabinoids better able to do their jobs. Also it is a known anti-inflammatory

I have been told by an avid researcher of the medical properties of cannabis (books, not Google) that the purple coloration of our buds signals the presence of Carophyllene.

I know nothing of Humalene except that my research (Google, not books) says it is oftentimes present with the Carophyllene, contributing to the flavor of fresh earth in certain strains.

I have only found one great strain that had that sweet soil flavor. Shistar, a strain created by my old medical collective. A cross of Shiatsu and a Cherry Dark Matter male. They pheno hunted and found the most amazing and desirable phenotype to clone. The buds glistened with oils and frost, the colors were blue hues on dark green with a collidiscope of purple and pink. If you vaped the buds, the flavor intensity made most folks (myself included) drool and then say "Holy $#!+" with a big dumb smile.

The commercialization of cannabis in Washington State put the kibosh on real medical strains like that in favor of mass production of course. Most pot here just tastes like pot now, unless one either takes the slight risk of growing their own or sadly paying $40+ for an eighth of something that is usually pretty good but still only lasts a day or two.

Really cool. That tells me a lot. I see both of those in strains I really like. Pepper of course we all see here and there and varying levels.

This may explain why the effects of one strain seem stronger even when THC content is lower. Better knowledge of how terpenes effects us is helpful. Still I think each one has slightly different effects on each person. The effects of a terp on me may be way different then it is to others.

The effects of legal weed on medical marijuana is having a huge effect like you said. Hopefully the medical side can survive the change. BUT what will happen then. Super high prices for real medical weed like prescription meds? That is probably going to be the case.

It seems everything the government changes to better our lives. Never seems to do it.

On the bright side. People still love great weed so great strains will survive. They are just going to have to do it in the backyards and closets of a few people. Mainstream weed is going to become quite common and boring like we are seeing in legal places now.

We would all be better with totally medical and no Recreational. That is for great weed to survive anyway.

Wow. My life is kind of all over the place these days. Really enjoying the spoils of last grow. In time I am really going to have to go with a better indepth look at how the strains worked out.

Everything gets you completely baked like it is supposed too. So that is a win. I know I could be taking bud shots and do lots of the stuff I was doing before just not with growing plants. Can't seem to do that LOL. It seems my mind kind of goes on "Stand By" when I'm not growing LOL.

Mostly I think of what I have in the box and what I would like to grow next. What's really funny. When I don't have to choose my mind wants to grow them all. So much value in them all when they are still in seed form. I know I am going to be getting away from totally feminized seeds unless they are my own. Too much there to ignore the regular strains I have. Not only do I have regular strains of my own making I want to try. These 2 Breeders are also high on my list to grow next.

Bodhi and Dynasty seeds companies have both put out quality strains. At one point I ordered 2 of the best strains each had at the time. I have my ideas on which ones will be first. They all need to be tried. I am pretty sure there is going to be great plants in at least one or 2.

Here are what they are and what's in them What do you guys think.

Dynasty

Crater Lake, Oregon Huckleberry x Super Silver Haze
Huckleberry Cough, The Cough x Oregon Huckleberry

Bodhi

Angelica, Hells Og x 88 G-13 Hash Plant

White Lotus, The White x Snow Lotus

Wow I guess I am getting boring. Sorry. I really thought those strains might make a impression. They sure did for me. The Bodhi strains were the strongest the seedbank had when asked. That is why I ordered them. After buying what I liked on the first order. I made a different order with the strains he said were the strongest. Those are what he suggested along with TGA 9lb Hammer.

Since You don't want to talk about important stuff. Let me try this.

Finished up a batch of Gorilla Zkittlez shatter yesterday. I had to scrape the hell out of the pyrex pan I have been using. Way to much left over stuff in there. New batches were sticking to the old stuff making it even harder to get it out.

Really glad I did. After a hour of scraping and scrubbing with good old fashioned moonshine it was clean. Or clean enough anyway. Corners were still a bitch. One thing for sure I got good clean resin to purge. This batch of shatter has a beautiful golden color. Kind of surprised as before it mostly came out with more red to it. Not sure if this was because of the cleaning or not. I sure like the color this time. I also used a different thermometer to check temps while purging. I dropped it a lot lower this time. Average temp through the purge was around 118 degrees. Last batch was around 124 which may have had something to do with the color. All other batches were plenty strong so I know the temp didn't hurt it much.

One thing I really like is my new vacuum pump. This is the real reason behind this great batch of shatter. So much easier than trying to whip the resin into wax. My wax always ended up sticky to the fingers so I know it I didn't get it right. Now I am getting shiney clear stable shatter. So much easier to deal with. Even when warm it will stick to fingers but it peels off without sticking. Haven't tried it yet but I can't wait. That is for tomorrow with some very special friends. Thing is this stuff is so beautiful I don't want to smoke it lol.

I will have to make sure I get a good picture before I break it up if I can. I will post it tomorrow.

I have 2 9lb hammer's in flower at the moment. One is short and other is taller. The shorter pheno is sweet smelling and taller one is kinda funky dank smelling. Only 4 weeks in so I'm sure they will change. Hopefully they are strong like what I have sampled in the past. I've got cuts vegging from both. Hopefully it'll be worth keeping around
IMG_20190519_080621422_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190519_080557815_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190519_080435955.jpg

Wow I guess I am getting boring. Sorry. I really thought those strains might make a impression. They sure did for me. The Bodhi strains were the strongest the seedbank had when asked. That is why I ordered them. After buying what I liked on the first order. I made a different order with the strains he said were the strongest. Those are what he suggested along with TGA 9lb Hammer.

Since You don't want to talk about important stuff. Let me try this.

Finished up a batch of Gorilla Zkittlez shatter yesterday. I had to scrape the hell out of the pyrex pan I have been using. Way to much left over stuff in there. New batches were sticking to the old stuff making it even harder to get it out.

Really glad I did. After a hour of scraping and scrubbing with good old fashioned moonshine it was clean. Or clean enough anyway. Corners were still a bitch. One thing for sure I got good clean resin to purge. This batch of shatter has a beautiful golden color. Kind of surprised as before it mostly came out with more red to it. Not sure if this was because of the cleaning or not. I sure like the color this time. I also used a different thermometer to check temps while purging. I dropped it a lot lower this time. Average temp through the purge was around 118 degrees. Last batch was around 124 which may have had something to do with the color. All other batches were plenty strong so I know the temp didn't hurt it much.

One thing I really like is my new vacuum pump. This is the real reason behind this great batch of shatter. So much easier than trying to whip the resin into wax. My wax always ended up sticky to the fingers so I know it I didn't get it right. Now I am getting shiney clear stable shatter. So much easier to deal with. Even when warm it will stick to fingers but it peels off without sticking. Haven't tried it yet but I can't wait. That is for tomorrow with some very special friends. Thing is this stuff is so beautiful I don't want to smoke it lol.

I will have to make sure I get a good picture before I break it up if I can. I will post it tomorrow.
Nothing boring going on over here as far as I can see. I was just catching up around 420 and this just happened to catch my eye. It just so happens that this may b a strain of yours. I could b wrong as I have got the strain from @Guy Cavallero and it is hard to keep up with his turn over of strains lol.
I believe it is Dapurps. It yields very well and has a rock hard finish purged slow and low temps. It is very hard hitting and will absolutely be added to my lineup of strains I have for extractions. If you like a strong earthy taste followed by a very heavy stone you may or may not want to try this lol.

Real nice Dankman. I really do need to try that one. I originally had 2 packs of it. Because they were so hard to get I traded one of them to someone that "Really" wanted it.

Ended up a good trade for both of us. I met a new friend and got new intresting genetics because of the trade..

Nothing boring going on over here as far as I can see. I was just catching up around 420 and this just happened to catch my eye. It just so happens that this may b a strain of yours. I could b wrong as I have got the strain from @Guy Cavallero and it is hard to keep up with his turn over of strains lol.
I believe it is Dapurps. It yields very well and has a rock hard finish purged slow and low temps. It is very hard hitting and will absolutely be added to my lineup of strains I have for extractions. If you like a strong earthy taste followed by a very heavy stone you may or may not want to try this lol.

Yep and Yep. Yeah that is one of them many I sent to Guy. Really glad you liked it. Yep I like all that stuff. I will get to Da Purps sooner or later LOL.

What is really funny and cool. This goes right into the trade I mentioned just before this. Guy was the receiver of the 9lb Hammer. After the first trade. I found out he shared some of the seeds I traded with him. I have way more seeds than I can ever use. When I found out Guy was willing to share I sent him a box of genetics to do with as he saw fit. Like I figured he shared them with everyone.

KCCO 77. Thanks so much for sharing. It is really cool to see how far and wide Guy sent those genetics. There was a time that I had very little genetics of my own. One person changed all that for me. Between Guy and myself spreading out all those seeds I feel I have returned the favor in full. That doesn't mean I will quit sharing. It just means I did for others what was done for me. Nothing wrong with selling genetics. I just feel everyone should have seeds to grow.

Remember folks! If someone helps or assists you than do the same for others. It is a good practice not just for weed.

Plus back in the day. They showed a Johnny Appleseed movie every year as a treat in grade school. I always wanted to follow in his foot steps.

Yep and Yep. Yeah that is one of them many I sent to Guy. Really glad you liked it. Yep I like all that stuff. I will get to Da Purps sooner or later LOL.

What is really funny and cool. This goes right into the trade I mentioned just before this. Guy was the receiver of the 9lb Hammer. After the first trade. I found out he shared some of the seeds I traded with him. I have way more seeds than I can ever use. When I found out Guy was willing to share I sent him a box of genetics to do with as he saw fit. Like I figured he shared them with everyone.

KCCO 77. Thanks so much for sharing. It is really cool to see how far and wide Guy sent those genetics. There was a time that I had very little genetics of my own. One person changed all that for me. Between Guy and myself spreading out all those seeds I feel I have returned the favor in full. That doesn't mean I will quit sharing. It just means I did for others what was done for me. Nothing wrong with selling genetics. I just feel everyone should have seeds to grow.

Remember folks! If someone helps or assists you than do the same for others. It is a good practice not just for weed.

Plus back in the day. They showed a Johnny Appleseed movie every year as a treat in grade school. I always wanted to follow in his foot steps.
. It’s true in these circles karma will always make her way back around. I encourage as many of my friends to grow as possible even donating equipment and setting up Grows for them if need be. This is true of Guy as well a few little nudges and a 400 watt HID and he was off to pave his own rd. Now I have 2 moms that he payed forward to me. 1 CBD and Da Purps not to mention he is responsible for me being on 420 talking to you Lmao. Anyways it a great strain to work with it ticks all the boxes when it comes to extractions. All I smoke is concentrate so it is definitely going into my line up of moms and I Am always looking to expand. I am going to prove a White Tahoe Cookies next. It should be good for extractions as well I hope. A few more weeks and I can take a few cuts to c if it ticks all the boxes.
I am rambling again high as a mofo so keep the random thoughts coming and again thanks for sharing.

9lb hammer is supposed to be devastating, for awhile it was hard to find. Hells OG x 88 G13 HP would be one I'd run for sure!

This is the reason I posted that thread then I missed it LMAO. Not that there's anything wrong with the Angelica because there sure doesn't seem to be. I found the White Lotus to be the most interesting of the 2 Bodhi strains.

When you look into the strains used for each hybrid and read just about them. Both The White and Snow Lotus are incredible strains. While I don't think this strain will be more consistent than the Angelica. When you consider pheno hunting and find one incredible plant I think this one has a higher up side. Now that we can self strains that single pheno in a F-1 hybrid is lots more valuable. Maybe the hybrid won't mix well. BUT if it does?

See? It is thinking like that that has been driving this mind of mine for years. I always back check all the info I can on each strain in a hybrid. What you read about them and where in the hybrid they are used can tell you a lot.

It's always nice to help each other out. That's what separates this community from others on the web. This place is full of good people

I like that! You said Good and not Nice. I have always felt I was a good person. I know damn sure I am not nice. It is not like I am a mean person. I couldn't feel I was a good person if I was mean. I just don't feel the need to be nice to idiots.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean all the random idiots running around everywhere. Can't do anything about them. Just smile grit your teeth and move on. I mean the people we see in our everyday lives. The people that are in our worlds that are not friends. They don't realize just because I know them does not mean we are friends LMAO.

Ok now I am sounding mean so I will shut up LOL. I hope someone sees my point.

This is the reason I posted that thread then I missed it LMAO. Not that there's anything wrong with the Angelica because there sure doesn't seem to be. I found the White Lotus to be the most interesting of the 2 Bodhi strains.

When you look into the strains used for each hybrid and read just about them. Both The White and Snow Lotus are incredible strains. While I don't think this strain will be more consistent than the Angelica. When you consider pheno hunting and find one incredible plant I think this one has a higher up side. Now that we can self strains that single pheno in a F-1 hybrid is lots more valuable. Maybe the hybrid won't mix well. BUT if it does?

See? It is thinking like that that has been driving this mind of mine for years. I always back check all the info I can on each strain in a hybrid. What you read about them and where in the hybrid they are used can tell you a lot.
And the source of the parent strains is very important to me.

Have you been to strainfinder Pennywise? It is one of my main stops for strain research. Not all but lots of strains have grower input ratings. From what I have found the ratings are pretty spot on. I don't know about the low rated strains LMAO. Because the strains that are highly rated have all did really well for me. I am to scared to run the lower rated strains. Which is weird. We both know that everyone likes different things. Just because it wasn't right for one person does not mean everyone will see it that way.

The Really cool part. When you research White Widow you can choose the one you are growing. They have reviews of most the White Widows on the market or being grown. The do have clone only strains which is good.

You can research that part also. If a strain is a clone only and you see tons of hybrids or seeds of it you can draw your own conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom