Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

That Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps is a F-1 hybrid. 3 phenotypes is kind of good I think. I have seen some strains with lots more. Kind of matters what basic means. Most strains will have a tall and a short pheno. Then there is the millions of ways they can change from there. That's where Vomit came from isn't it? God you need a new name LMAO. Something that doesn't sound so offensive. Maybe Sour Puke LOL. If not there's your first hybrid LMAO.

Definitely on my to-do list. That is if I can make it past my own hybrids.

That D.P. x TTB sounds a lot like Betty. Back in the day when I only grew one or 2 strains at a time it was my everything weed. Need to sleep? Smoke more LOL. Someday I am going to try to breed something into Betty like you did here. It seems that staying with just one breeding strain might be the best. At least TTB is a good one for the bulk of the work. No way I can on breed with one. Hell I don't know if 5 is enough LMAO.

Just had a thought to list the regular strains I want to breed with. It will give me a better idea of what I am up against.

TTB for the reasons you all know.
C-99, Solid genetics and a early flower time. (Agent Orange x C-99, DNA Strawberry Banana x C-99)
Purple Betty, Because it is the best of the best of what I own. (Blue Dream x Purple Betty)
Tangy, This could be the best sativa male I have. Tangy is strong as F**k. ( Blueberry x Tangy, Super Lemon Haze x Tangy)
Cannalope Haze, Well rounded highs and haze flavors. (Headband x Cannalope Haze, Tangy x Cannalope Haze)
Sand Storm. Pure Indica. This will be the main Hash Plant/ Kush I use. Not sure the exact hybrids yet.

Ok that's not to bad. I can spread the pollen from these males to make a few hybrids of each. After that it will be time to pheno search or just grow them as is. As is is the hope.

When you look at other breeders. Or real ones anyway LOL. They tend to just use one go to strain for breeding. TGA/Dank uses Jack the Ripper and Space Queen. With this in mind there may be a few incredible TTB hybrids to come. I just have to be careful I don't use it too much. Find a few great plants then hit it with Betty and see what happens.

Yes, that is where Vomit comes from. Neighbor loved the dark purple skunky phenotype, the buds are not as dense as the other two phenos, but man they make a helluva doobie.

Right now I'm making Harlequin seeds. I also pollinated Sensi NL and a Sensi NL x Nirvana NL IBL and two of my Devil's Pitchfork F2 photoperiods with Harlequin. Trying to make some hybrids that have a bit higher CBD content.

My next lineup is destined to include the Purple Afghani x BCBD Purps as well as my first try at Purple Betty and AC/DC. That is a ways out though, maybe 6-8 weeks.

That Purple Betty is going to make itself know when you grow it. While the totally purple Pheno is the true star in this hybrid. It is harder to come by. The multi colored pheno is my favorite. I like the shorter bushier phenos as opposed to the single cola ones.

I may very well be the only person that is not on the CBD train. Even the medical part seems to miss all my medical issues. It may help but is not noticeable enough to make a difference. I keep trying to find a way it works for me.

I have tried tons of CBD products. The best of it was a CBDdurban I grew. I tried the best store bought CBD oil I get get my hands on. At a cost of $90 a month with minimal effects I don't see the point. I have more CBD strains to look at now so I will try it again. I understand the fact that a person is less high and still gets the intended amount of CBD. I mostly use lighter sativas for this same thing. Strains that come in under 20%. I still can't grasp the lower THC thing. I am only shooting for stronger these days.

I LIKE the high part. It is what keeps my mind right with the pain. So I don't need less I need more. My thinking is 1 to 1 is still what is needed I just see it in higher percentage rates. 15% THC and 15% CBD would be my idea of what it should be. That or no THC at all. CBD effects can be noticed! anyone whos says it doesn't is wrong. It may not screw you up so bad you lose your job but the effects are still there. I like the tingling behind the eyes and the feeling of calm. I see it as a great addition to day time weed if you can keep the THC levels high enough.

I have some unknown seeds labeled Charlotte. I don't know if it is Charlotte's Web or a Hybrid of it. I also have a Sour White Widow from the CBD crew that I intend to try in time.

Your not the only one who is not on the CBD train, me as well. I've tried the oils and had no effect on my back pain. Even low THC sativa's work better for me. At least it's making me feel more comfortable. I've never sampled CBD smoke. Maybe I'd have a better opinion. But I have lots of friends and family who use it and have great results. So maybe it's just my genetic make-up. Everything is different for each individual I think

My thinking is 1 to 1 is still what is needed
It is my understanding (and others as well) that you are correct in your thinking. Wife likes 10mg CBD and 10mg THC (capsules) before school to keep her leg pain down. She gets high but says it is manageable.

That or no THC at all. CBD effects can be noticed!
I have 10 AC/DC seeds sitting here. Allegedly the THC:CBD ratio is 1:20 with cbd being as high as 19%.

Harlequin is one strain that works on my nerve pain every time. That's why it is important to me. I am chasing relief,l. That one is 2:5 THC:CBD ratio, Google says 4-7% THC content and an 8-16% CBD content. Also, gets you feeling real good, like stoned but not too stoned, but you could laugh at an inappropriate time kind of high. Very work friendly.

Your not the only one who is not on the CBD train, me as well. I've tried the oils and had no effect on my back pain. Even low THC sativa's work better for me. At least it's making me feel more comfortable. I've never sampled CBD smoke. Maybe I'd have a better opinion. But I have lots of friends and family who use it and have great results. So maybe it's just my genetic make-up. Everything is different for each individual I think

I think it is that CBD can do a lot but it can't do everything. I like the smoke because you still get a little high from the THC in there. With the right combinations it could be very enjoyable weed to smoke. Finding that right CBD mother plant will be a lot harder to find with percents that vary so much. Finding that right CBD mother is the way it is going to have to be to do it right.

I think even I get some benefits from CBD but it is not enough to grow it special. Especially if it would be replacing a high THC strain. It is the natural CBD producing strains that peak my interests. Strains Like Great White Shark/ Peacemaker that had CBD in them from the beginning. The CBD numbers are not high when you look at the 1 to 1 strains. My guess is it is around 18 to 20% THC with 2 to 5% CBD. The friend I got the seeds from swears it is the always the best weed he grows. I think the CBD has something to do with it. It is Skunk #1 x White Widow or visa versa. Skunk #1 is happy weed that could be it too.

It is my understanding (and others as well) that you are correct in your thinking. Wife likes 10mg CBD and 10mg THC (capsules) before school to keep her leg pain down. She gets high but says it is manageable.

I have 10 AC/DC seeds sitting here. Allegedly the THC:CBD ratio is 1:20 with cbd being as high as 19%.

Harlequin is one strain that works on my nerve pain every time. That's why it is important to me. I am chasing relief,l. That one is 2:5 THC:CBD ratio, Google says 4-7% THC content and an 8-16% CBD content. Also, gets you feeling real good, like stoned but not too stoned, but you could laugh at an inappropriate time kind of high. Very work friendly.

It is the nerve pain part that really interests me. I really expected to find better results from using CBD. I am not sure I have found that. I take anti inflammatories for inflammation. Something CBD is supposed to work for. The chemical medicines don't knock out much pain so I can't expect CBD to come in and do everything LOL. As I mentioned to Dankman. As well as CBD works for some it can't do everything for everyone.

By School I am not sure if your wife is taking classes or teaching them. In both case's a little THC might be the perfect thing to get through the day LMAO. Maybe more if you have to deal with professors these days. You mention manageable high from THC THAT I understand LOL. That is where I live. When I am alone manageable is a whole different story LMAO.

That 10% THC to 10% CBD strain is similar to the one of the store bought CBD strains I liked. I think the CBDdurban had around those levels. I can't be sure it made 10% THC though. It seemed more like a 1 to 2 strain. More like 5% THC and 10% CBD but that is only a guess. Hard to tell with a daytime sativa. The fact that CBD doesn't do a lot for me lets me ignore daytime CBD plants. That is why the Sour White Widow CBD interests me. Maybe a hybrid or indica CBD plant is what I want.

When I start back up my plant counts are going to be down. A CBD plant is going to have to tough time getting grown LMAO.

That's why my AC/DC seeds are tucked away. They were a gift that I want to grow, but with such low THC.....

Yeah, I don't expect it to work for everyone. I just know the one strain that works for me. I've tried several CBD "products" and they don't work at all for me.

I am amazed at how many CBD strains are coming out. Way more than are really needed. There have been strains for years that didn't get you very high. So much so that they soon disappeared. Now they breed for it LOL.

It is funny how they always seem to take something that is useless. Anyone remember Zima made from the scraps of beer making LOL.THEY Repurpose and remarket it as something popular. They then convince people it is the new thing. To me all I see are tons and tons of low THC weed. They don't even have to tell you what the plant will be and they still sell. CBD strains can have 1 to 1 of 20 to 1 percentages. Most CBD strains are unstable as shit and they still SELL them. Or I should say MARKET them. No one knows how well they sell.

I sometimes feel that all the years of watching strains I learned nothing. What I have learned is the breeders out there realize that most people have no idea about strains. The fact that I have seen them making Blueberry and White Widow hybrids for over 20 years proves that. The longer you follow this stuff the more you see lots of it is all the same.

Thing is I don't know if this is what I should have learned. Maybe there is some hidden factor I am missing. I know using stable strains help your hybrids. I rant on this stuff all the time. It bothers me that much. I just feel that people that have been breeding as long as most of them have been. They would have found better ways of doing things. Instead of just crossing everything with your main strain or someone else best strain.

With this thought in mind. All I need to do is find great phenos of all the new strains and cross them with Trailer Trash Betty. Will they all work? NO! but some will. If they do work well then the strains would be great. In time I could have 5 to 10 strains that are marketable. Would this in turn make me a great breeder. In my thinking NO. To the seed market MAYBE.

Breeders like Crockett Family Farms for example. Have used generations of family and tons of knowledge to make their own strains. They built them from the ground up on solid genetics and good breeding practices. Not by using other peoples genetics to make theirs look better. The fact that they were growing weed for years before ever marketing a seed is what is different. The are a growing company not a seed business. I think that is what matters.

My days with main stream breeders is about over. Time to search out the special weed out there. Elev8 is on the top of my list with their Blackberry Dream bred for effects and nothing else. They are one of the few breeders out there that breed the way I feel that I do.

All I really need is more confidence in what I am doing. The only way to do that is to grow out some of my hybrids. Something I plan to start working on this next grow. The fact that I am having trouble with my feminized seeds shows why there are so many regular hybrids out there. They are so much easier to make. It hurts to have a whole breeding project fail. Just like my last one. Out of a 1/4 of the jars so far I have not found any seeds. I knew there was not going to be many but I thought there would be more than I am getting. Working with male plants I would only need to see if the weed is good not if there was even going to be seeds in it. I DO know that any seeds I do get from these 5 hybrids have the chance for greatness. All clones were pick of the litter for each strain. I have found at least one seed on every plant so I know there will be more. How many who knows. The fact that all the clones were pick of the litter plants. It makes it really hard to bitch while I am smoking kickass weed LMAO.

I tell ya, I would love to make seeds for a living. The bummer is that I am far too paranoid to start any kind of website of my own, due to the feds of course. There is a guy that hangs out on the Landrace thread that sells seeds directly to Ace, so i suppose anything is possible for us that like getting dirty with the pollen.

Talking about the CBD. Subcools openly selling CBD shatter online. Taking plastic and priority shipping. Things are progressing towards being fully legal and I think CBD is helping pave the way. Hopefully our political figure heads will make erbs federally legal soon. He's also cutting out the middle man and openly selling seeds himself direct, no seed banks to deal with. Times are a changing

I tell ya, I would love to make seeds for a living. The bummer is that I am far too paranoid to start any kind of website of my own, due to the feds of course. There is a guy that hangs out on the Landrace thread that sells seeds directly to Ace, so i suppose anything is possible for us that like getting dirty with the pollen.

From what I have found lots of the banks will market your seeds. Especially if you are working with similar or completely opposite genetics.You don't really need a site of your own. My thoughts were to get a group of people together to form one company. Something like 420 Seeds. A group can do so much more than a single individual.

I have went as far as getting some art work together. Not sure if it is what I want but it is a start. Other than that and all I have are tons of strains and lots of ideas. Someday maybe. No way anything can ever happen if I can't get more of these hybrids grown out lol.

I do know I see myself selling seeds a lot more than I do selling weed. I truly believe they would be better than a lot of the seeds out there. What I need to know is if they are good enough to make a difference. No use selling seeds if you are only going to sell a hundred or so a year. Maybe that many of one strain but not in total. Lots of work and money would be needed to have everything started right. Too much to have mediocre sales.

That is why I think the 420 Seeds would work. People here know each other and can find out even more with a little effort. People would have a idea of what strains a person is working with and a little about the person themselves. That is the big thing. No matter what a person writes. Follow them long enough and you will get a good idea of what that person is like. If you think a person is full of shit then you may not want to trust their strains. Other people may think that person is brilliant and would love to grow their stuff. That is more than a lot of us have with the mainstream breeders.

Talking about the CBD. Subcools openly selling CBD shatter online. Taking plastic and priority shipping. Things are progressing towards being fully legal and I think CBD is helping pave the way. Hopefully our political figure heads will make erbs federally legal soon. He's also cutting out the middle man and openly selling seeds himself direct, no seed banks to deal with. Times are a changing

I have to agree. CBD weed is still weed. If it becomes popular it will only help weed in general. Hope subcool does well with it.
Nice to know they sell seeds directly now. Now I need to find out if there is any shipping problems I may have. It really sucks Mis Jill got Agent Orange. It is still available from TGA I think but it is one of the strains Subcool lost or left with TGA. It matters how you look at it. Looks like he did right by Mis Jill in the DIEvorse. Mostly he just kept Space Queen/Dude and Jack the Ripper and just a few hybrids. With Subcool's illness and the rise of CBD most of his work may be on that side of the board. We will have to see. I still think Subcool has a few more kickass strains left in him. I just hope they are high THC ones LMAO.

Morning Jack. I recently ordered a couple packs from subcools website with no issues. Came priority mail 3 days after order was placed with CC. I couldn't resist cookies and cream cross with SQ. So far he's pushing the boundaries. Ms Jill did get the TGA name and some strains including Agent Orange

I just wonder if he will ship to me where I live. Might need to check right away while they still have the CC purchase and are pushing the limits. No telling how long they will. Thanks for the heads up I am sure they have something I can't live without.

So their website is up and running?

Cool thank you.

Like I mentioned I really need to try my own stuff. As of now I can only trust one strain at a time. With weed being so important I need to make sure what I am growing will do the job. Once I find out mine are as good as what I have been growing then it will be easy to go totally my own genetics.

I will still always buy but I think my own stuff is going to do what I need it too.

What's really FUNNY. While I was thinking yesterday of strains. I realized I have to do what I call everyone out for. Cross something with Blueberry LOL. I have to make a Blueberry Headband. Mine is actually going to be Headband Blueberry because I only have males with Blueberry. I can't pass up a chance to make my favorite tasting strain. Slightly different or not.

What a difference a day makes. You hear a lot about the benefits of a day camping or fishing. I did both and boy it sure worked. It has been a weird spring. Not much fishing because of life changes. My mind has been on a lot of things none of which I really enjoy LOL. It is what it is. Life is like that no big deal.

Clearing that mind was a lot easier than I thought. Now that all the damn clutter is finally out of my brain. I can start planning for the future. In ways everything became even clearer than before. When not growing my thoughts tend to lean more towards breeding for some reason. Idle minds LMAO.

A week ago I was having trouble envisioning what my new grow was going to look like. What tents? which setups to use have been the biggest question. If I can't even see the grow in my head. How can I plan what to put in it. WELL I can see that grow now and how to use it.

There are 2 main strains that I can't do without. Both of which I had planned to work with in the future. Headband and Purple Betty are strains that I will probably grow forever. I decided if those 2 strains are my mainstays then I better start with them. I already have a decent amount of seeds for both strains. I don't have a great mother plant of them.

I guess I should start with the set up and we will go from there. No way I see doing things without all 3 tents set up. Sorry to say I am still going to need more shit LMAO. The main flower tent is going to be the 60 x 60. The 2 48 x 48 tents will be used one for veg and the third for mothers and clones and breeding. Basiclly I am going to need 2 veg tents. I can swap stuff around if I need to breed that way.

To make this work I decided to go with 2 4" charcoal filters for the 2 smaller tents. 1 400 watt Metal Halide tent 1 led and or T-5 tent. They will both have smaller lights so heat is not a major issue smell isn't either. I can then run both 4" filters with one 6" inline fan. I am going to need to lower my electric bills. Different lights and less fans running will do that. With all the tents set up I can do what I need when I need too. My setups up till now have been to costly to run all 3 setups. I will still be growing lots of plants from seed. Having mothers from 2 of my most favorite strains will improve my harvest a lot. Neither strain throws crap but as with all strains some phenos are better than others.

A Purple Betty mother is key. I really need to try and feminize this strain plus a hybrid or 2 if I can get a reversed plant to make enough pollen. Thing is, this is also the perfect time to find a Purple Betty male to work with. Probable going to start lots of seeds and then select the plants I want to keep. Since I am looking for the best of the best for it. I will only be keeping the males with color. Green phenos are all out. Flavor comes with the color on P.B. I love Blueberry Headband for the mix of berries and dank. I might be able to get that with a P.B. hybrid. Worth a try anyway. If it works I will be set. I like Purple Betty more than Blueberry plus I do believe the hybrid will be stronger.

What will be different this time? I will be working with mothers and clones from these 2 mothers till I am done. No more one shot deals here. Now I can try and try till I get it right. Up to now these 2 strain have been on the back burner because I have seeds for them. Now I plan to work from the top and really start to perfect my genetics. Then move on. In the end breeding will revolve around find perfect plants from my hybrids and feminizing them.

Back
Top Bottom