Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

Sounds like a great cross. SSH is a great strain. I had it in my garden at my old house. It had a really nice structure. Kinda stretchy, but the leaf to calax ratio was perfect for trimming and a nice uplifting high. Mine was a clone from a friend who started seeds I think from greenhouse genetics. I wish I still had the cut

I have both Greenhouse and Dinafem Super Silver Haze. Dinafems is called Super Silver only but it is meant to be the same. I am planning right now to go with the Greenhouse version.

It is just a guess but I am pretty sure Dinafems SSH was made from the Mr Nice version and should be closer to the original. Greenhouses SSH is still plenty good but it is a copy of the original.

Pennywise. As of now I don't plan on making a F-2 with that hybrid. Just feminize it. That is just a basic plan. No need to feminize it if I have a lot of regular seeds. The feminized part is only there so I can use the name "Puraze" LMAO.

That was my thinking LOL. Still a little surprised no one has used it yet. Maybe it has been. After typing it I am sure I have never seen it out there.

No SSH x Purps out there either that I know of by any name.

Pennywise obviously has not been paying attention. LMAO. Couple of good ones LOL. Sorry Pennywise I wish I could be like that.

Even with 5 great ones. I will still look for something else. As bad as it sounds in my mind it is more about the making them and seeing what happens. Once I see the outcome my mind moves on. After that it is grow them as regulars if I like them. If it is really great try and self it. For every great strain I grow my mind will find a different great one I want to cross it with.

Now when I look at all the regular F-1 hybrids and strains I have. I know for every one of them there is a chance I will like what I find. That is why there is so much excitement about the new place. I am now going to start going through them all.

Not all regular strains will be used for breeding. I have a couple strains I trust a male from. Others it is what a male is carrying in its genetics that appeals to me. There are a couple gassy hybrids out there that I will be crossing into select Headbands and Chem plants from feminized seeds. Why buy more Og type weed when I have the genetics to make my own. I still have Tahoe Og F-2 and NYPD x Tahoe Og regular seeds to find even more Og phenos. I have Reek/Shoeshine a feminized version of the NYPD x Tahoe Og thats is just killer. Does that make me happy? For some reason no.

Pennywise. I just figured it out LMAO. It is the same search for female need I had when I was 18. Chase, catch, enjoy and move on LMAO.

Twiller, C-99 x Headband is going into the lineup on my next grow. That will be 2 of my own hybrids going in the new line up. Along with Tangiloe the Tangilope x Tahoe Og hybrid I made. They will give me a idea of how my own stuff is doing.

So far there are more Twiller seeds than anything else so far. Good thing I really like both parents. It is hard to tell for sure which plant was the strongest. I took 2 phenos late to see what happened and didn't like it. So that leaves the seeded plant as my favorite C-99 pheno last grow. Give that some sour Og flavor and who knows what is going to happen. Well this time next year I will know LOL.

Kind of weird trying to figure out this next grow. Going to continuous growing changes everything. I won't need as much weed to last as there is not going to be a 4 month down time. I Also don't need quite as many different strains with only a 3 month or so wait time for more. No time for tolerance to matter. I have already planned to run just one flower tent. With a lower plant count it makes it harder to choose how many of which strain. Where it gets really tough is when the one you smoke the least of is the one I need to look at lots more plants. I am going to flower at least 5 or 6 females of Purple Betty. How many I start I still don't know but I will probably have around 8 to 10 females and pick the best ones. One great thing about purple Betty is it is a low light strain that does great in the back row. Grown as single stalked plants they don't take up much room.

Good thing because some of the strains are going to want room. Twiller will be bushy and SSH will be the same. So there goes any room I just saved lol. 2 months away is pretty damn close to for me LOL. Lots of strains have now been chosen. Plant counts may change everything. SSH is another strain I need to look at. I will be doing 3 of it. I will probably pollinate a branch of all of them. This will eliminate having to choose. Hell I may find I like 2 different ones.

As before since I am going to have a male. I need to figure out stuff that would blend well with it for hybrids. So I need sativa, indica, and hybrids. That need to stand on their own or breed well with Purple Betty. Here is the basic line up as I see it now. Lets see how much it will change LOL. Plant counts are still up in the air but I can only fit so many females in one tent.

Strains:
Tangiloe
Twiller
Purple Betty
Super Silver Haze
Strawberry Banana
Em Dawg

SSH, Strawberry Banana, Em Dawg will all be pollinated by Purple Betty. The Strawberry Banana is a single freebie seed. I have no idea what it is going to turn out like. Everything I hear about the strain is good so it will be bred and cloned. If it turns out I don't like it no big deal I don't have to keep it. The SSH is a simple one. This should be similar to a souped up Blue Dream. The Em Dawg is probably one of my best Chem hybrids. It was a huge plant when I grew it before. Og dank x Purps dank sounds like a combination I want.

And the line up is set. I added the last strain to next grow. Afgooey!

I noticed a package that had 2 seeds in it. It showed up when I tried to self the last P.B. clone. I really liked that one Afgooey and the only pollen was feminized Purple Betty. I almost decided to grow it. I do remember that I liked Afgooey so much I wanted to breed it into something. Mostly Purple Betty. That is why I was so excited to find that one seed. I will always have that one seed. This is my best opportunity to breed it to Purple Betty.

I wanted one last strain and this one is perfect. The hybrids I am going to make are all going to be completely different. While I have no idea what is going to happen when I cross P.B. with the Em Dawg I think it will be interesting and should be strong. Strawberry Banana should work but it is mostly in the mix as a high THC strain.

The 2 strains I know will work are the Super Silver Haze and the Afgooey. How they will blend is still yet to be seen but blend they will. They are both going to be in hybrid range with a mix of head and body. I know the P.B. has the body part covered. Both strains to be bred into had very prominent head highs. Both strains have also been known to throw good hybrids.

The biggest key now is in the search for males. I am not going to have room to flower enough females to be sure to find a great female. There is a good chance I will but anything can happen. The female tent is the only one where room is a issue. As I mentioned before I plan to start lots of seeds. While there will only be room for 5 female P.B. I can flower lots of males. Choosing the right females might be tough. Some will have to be killed no matter what. If I can find 6 to 8 males to look through I expect to find something that will stand out. I know the male will have color because that is where most the flavor is hidden. I hope to see one with trichomes. I need to see them flower to decide. One way or the other I know I will find one male that will stand out. I know Purple Betty enough to find what I am looking for.

I know the plan was to mother up and start growing clones. I will be taking clones and if there ARE great ones cool. If not the plan is to make the very best P.B. hybrids I can. I won't be breeding with it again anytime soon. Might as well do it right the first time. While I may not get anything that is great. They all should be fine for growing and smoking. That is the advantage of using only strains I like the effects of. Breeding strains just for me is going to make a big difference I think.

The main factor in all this is that I will only be pollinating branches. One or 2 on each plant. This will take a lot of the guessing out of which females to use. After everything is done and dried I can choose and grade each batch. I would rather have seeds I won't grow then miss the right females to breed too. It some cases they both will be good just slightly different.

I know we don't live in a pot friendly grow climate. Who cares. Lets try a outdoor crop. Mostly I am just a consultant. I also do most the labor when it comes to repotting LMAO. They do all the watering though.

They look a little droopy because I just repotted and watered the hell out of them to make sure it was all soaked. I didn't have all the right soil so I had to do a mix it. It is a little dence but it should do ok. It is mostly Miracle Grow as they know nothing about feeding. Mostly I am keeping a eye out on the Cal/Mag and other trace stuff. Everything else should be fine

They are doing pretty good considering that weather has been crap this year. Last week we had freezing temps LMAO. These are the biggest pots I have ever used. I hope to see them grow into them but who knows. The Critical Autoflower didn't do worth a shit. No surprise, it should have been grown indoors.
Here they are
CBDdurban

Critical 2.0

Lots goes on in the world as we go on with our lives. That point jump to the forefront of my life recently. I found out the man who has taught me so much has cancer. Not just cancer. He has known about if for a few years and never shared the news with me. That is the man and what he is about so that is no surprise. 40 years of growing as a outlaw has taught him to be very self sufficient. As sad as this is nothing can be changed so why try. Life happens then it goes away. The man has lead the life he has wanted to live. What more could you want out of life.

I found out this news when I was informed he was wanting to send me all of his work up to now. That's a lot of damn work LMAO. I have 1000's of his seeds. Looks like I am going to have 100's of thousands now. Kind of looking for ideas of how to get them out to the world. Lots of his genetics are already being grown here on 420. The depth of what he has is amazing. Except sativa's LMAO. That's why I have to make my own sativa hybrids lol. His library of Purple strains is amazing. From Erckel to Purple Kush and beyond.

I have had thoughts of one day releasing seeds under Outlaw Genetics. The original plan was it to be only my genetics made from genetics passed to me by him and mixed with newer strains. Plus any other work I come up with. His homemade genetics is what gave me my start. Still some of the strongest stuff I grow. If I end up with what I think I am going to have. I could run a line of his genetics till they are gone. Lots of work trying to sell seeds. I don't know that it is what I really want to do. I do know that I want to share this mans genetics with the world. Money is less of a issue than getting them out to others.

I am open to any and all suggestions

I am happy I have plenty of notice to figure it all out. Either give away or sold some how. I will get them out. As Pennywise suggested I might piggyback along with someone else.

While a lot of it will be hybrids of his making. Even more are just copied strains. Not many people copy strains like he does. He usually starts 2 seed packs for a total of around 20 plants. Then bunches all the males together and pollinates all the females with them. This seals in all the genetics. So in ways it is not even a F-2 hybrid.

The biggest thing to me. I know his seeds are better than a lot of people have access too no matter how they are made. How ever I get rid of them I plan to be upfront about it all. Hell that is half the appeal of them. Here is what a outlaw grower was impressed with LOL.

I also know that anyone who follows this thread will have access to his seeds. I know he gets a kick out of finding out how far and wide his seeds have traveled. I am sure he will laugh his ass off if I can send them even farther.

While I will have the building blocks to make more seeds of some of his strains. I don't think I plan on doing it. His strains are his and I would love to keep it that way. Not all strains last forever anyway. Better to get those same building blocks to other people so their hybrids can keep my mentors strains alive.

Already there are people doing it here. I know a couple people have made Trailer Trash Betty hybrids with success. Maybe that will be his claim to fame. I might even bring out his real name. Hell they can't arrest a corpse LOL.

I got a check from the insurance company for hail damage to my truck. It is paid off and dents don't stop it from working just fine. I plan to keep it till it is wore out so might as well use the money for other things.

Thinking of getting a quality LED light to replace my 1000 watt HPS in my 60 x 60 x 80 tent. Hard to spend the money when I have 3 HPS ballast's. Still someday I am going to probably need to change. At one time I knew the name brand I was looking for. Of course by now I have forgotten it.

Any help? Looking for a known light that can replace 1000 watts. I expect the price to be in the $1500 range. Price is not the issue. The right light is.

Back
Top Bottom