Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

I saw one yesterday in the 70" range while I was browsing tents on amazon. I forget who made it. Like you said most stay with the 60 and 80" models. I'm still trying to figure out how to put together a 80" tent in a 82" room. Not much space left to pull everything over the top. They need to make them like the insta-tent I bought that shit would be cool.

I ordered a viviosun 4'x8'x71" last night on the Zon. Will get it Saturday hopefully. It's odd tho the top is kind of triangle shaped. It was cheap. Hopefully it will be a good one

So the extra height just came from the peak of the triangle? It is weird that the only tent that is different than all the others is a cheap model. You would think there would be more tents in the 72" range. I'm glad all I need is room to veg so a 60" will be perfect for that. I will probably sell one 48 x 48 x 80 tent to a friend. After the grasshopper thing I expect them to be switching to indoors LOL.

Well that was stressful. But the bulk of the move is over. Moving sucks after 50 Years old and I'm a few years past that. Not only the work involved. Having everything in limbo really stressed me out. Must be the age thing. In my younger years limbo never bothered me. I could pack everything up into a backpack and move on. Most times continuing to move till I found where I wanted to be. Which was where the work was LMAO. Till the age of 28 I never lived in one place longer than 1 year. That started at the age of 4 so not all of it was me lol. I took over at 14 and kept the moving thing going. I found 1 job I really liked and stayed there for 3 years. Everything has went down hill from there LMAO.

Like I said the move is done. We have to show the old house on Thursday so no break for me yet. I am hoping by Friday things will settle down enough I can start putting together my new grow. Everything looks like it will work fine as I had planned. I am sure there will be some fine adjustments but that is a given. One thing I have learned over time. Don't germinate seeds till the tent is built. Popping seeds and setting up a T-5 is simple. Thing is if something goes wrong with the set up. There I am waiting to transfer starts that should be under full light.

A few days is no big deal. Starting the move a month earlier than planned help with that. I am 2 to 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Still not positive on the new strains. Most are for sure I am just deciding to go with move Indica dom strains with the last 4. Decided on Blueberry Headband for sure I just need another one right now. I am dropping the Franco's Lemon Cheese for something with more body. Going into the winter so that means more couch time which means indica LMAO. Going back to seedfinder for more info today so I can run a few strains through my mind before I start seeds.

I really want to try the Chocolate Critical. If it is what I think it will be it would be perfect. The only problem with it is I don't know what the smoke will be like. There is a slight chance these seeds were from the JC 2 male that was alive when it was in pre-flower. That could make it more sativa dom. A chance I can't take right now. I am sure I will find something with a 140 or more strains I think I can muddle through. LMAO. Off to seedfinder now have a great day people.

Pretty sure I will be going with Chocolate Chunk as the last indica. Can't get more indica than pure Afghani LMAO. I am running it because it is a cross of 2 Afghani strains. Afghani is one strain I have not checked out yet. Or in a while anyway. Afghani #1 was one of the first strains I bought from SSSC the first time. That was back in the 1980's. Might be time to try it again.

Chocolate Chunk rated pretty good at 6.5 out of 10 on seedfinder. That is actually better than it sounds. I like to keep the ratings in the 7 to 8 range. Nothing rates much higher than that. All ratings are a overall thing. Hybrids usually rate higher than pure indicas in lots of case's. I don't care if it has a great high I just need it to put me to sleep. If it can do that it will be a success. I am getting caught up on the new house. I will probably spend some time today working on the new grow space.

I had a ground breaking idea yesterday LMAO. When I moved the indoor outdoor thermometer yesterday I had a thought. Why not put the outdoor sensor in the grow room. Can't believe I never thought of this before. Now I have living room and grow room temps displayed. I was totally surprised to see lower temps in the G.R. than where the display and sensor are in the living room. where I mounted it has a lot to do with it I am sure. Thing is the placement of the swamp cooler pushes more air to where I need it than I thought. Once I start exhausting hot air from the ceiling area it will suck in even more cool air. All is looking pretty good so far room temps are in the low 70's right now. That's a lot of wiggle room temp wise.

Well that could have been the shortest time I have had a strain on my to grow list LOL. Chocolate chunk has been replaced by Bubblicious, Nirvana's Bubble Gum. Gained half a percentage point LOL. Bubblicious is rated at 7. Always been curious about it. Now is as good of a time as any to take a peak.

I have this one and I have TH seeds Bubble Gum. I will save the Bubble Gum for a time when I can self or bred it if I like what I find. They really should be similar. Neither company claims to have made it. They just carry feminized versions of what was bred in Indiana years ago. Other than that there have been no other changes. I don't expect any more changes now. I am pretty happy with everything I have decided on.

Glad to hear you have the move behind you!! From some of the genetic research I’ve been doing Bubble Gum was one of the first creations by Adam Dunn. I just can’t remember if it was when he was working at Sensi or after he opened TH Seeds. Can’t wait to see your next grow feels like it’s awhile!! Have a good day my friend!!!

Interesting. I never knew who bred it. It is supposed to be from Indiana I thought. It is from the USA and not the UK I know. Either he brought it to the UK with him or just put it into seed form. I do know that I have been interested in it for a while. This is the perfect grow to see how it does. Thanks for the info Orlando. I can now check into it more.

I do know I have did pretty good with some of the old strains like it. As long as it has been around basically unchanged speaks volumes. Like Blueberry, AK-47, and White Widow Bubble Gum has been grown and bred into for reasons. this will give me a chance to see this one.

Just because it has been around for years doesn't mean I will like it. I do know nothing is going to happen till I get the room built. That is today's project. Now that all the riff raff have installed all the things I need. I can now get to work. I was supposed to be fishing today. The plan was to take a well needed break for a day. Growing is my relaxation so I guess building a grow set up is kind of like a day off LOL. If I don't have picture posted tomorrow I sat on my lazy ass all day LMAO.

No pictures but I did get things going on the new set up. I won't be able to post any pictures for a bit. Internet here is just to slow.
The exhaust fan worked better than I thought. I managed to get a filter, fan, and a silencer on top of a old entertainment stand. It will only be a 2 ft run to where I want to exhaust it out of where the bathroom fan was. With everything right at ceiling level I can get rid of any unwanted heat.

The tent went up better than I thought it would. Only 2" of wiggle room but that was plenty. I had more trouble maneuvering around the light than anything else. I have to say a 60 x 60 tent goes up twice as easy as a 48 x 48. so much easier getting the fabric pulled over the frame. All is well in the world now I have a tent set up LOL.

Seeds are wet so there is no turning back. Only 8 seeds and a bunch of broken shell in the Orange Hill Special seeds. I picked the best 5 and started them. What is left look questionable so this is going to be my only run with the O.H.S. With Tangie and Agent Orange that's not a big deal. Here is what I germinated. Like I mentioned I had it pretty much figured out. No changes since yesterday LMAO.

Orange Hill Special, Sensi
Tangiloe, Made By ME (LOL)
Liberty Haze, Barneys Farm
Peyote Critical, Barneys Farm
Blueberry Headband, Humboldt
Bubbleicious, Nirvana

We will see how this works. Really slow internet nowadays. Opening any threads with pictures take forever to view. I am going to need to limit my pictures some.

I thought I would show a different use for a entertainment system stand. Kind of proud of this. Using this pulled even more cool air to the new room. Dropped the temp 2 more degree's. It being so high it pulls most of the hot air out of the top of the new room. I managed to get the filter, fan, and silencer all at ceiling level.

So far so good. Still need to see the whole system up and running. One more part and the air system is ready to go. Everything else is built and ready to go. Going to run a 400 watt MH for veg. Been a long time since I have ran one of them. I used to use only a MH light and not the HPS. Then I switched to the other way only using the HPS. Going to try MH for Veg and HPS for flower for a while and see what happens.

Most seeds popped so I will be filling pots and getting seeds in soil today. I'm Back folks LMAO.

I see you have a carbon filter on one side of the inline fan, what is the can on the other side of the fan? Good to see you getting going again!
I believe it’s his silencer

I remember when he was testing out the one he bought and the one he made. I wanna say he told me they work really good, but not positive. I do know if you look back in this thread there is atleast a page about the mufflers.

At least a page! I ramble a lot LMAO.

Yes it is a silencer. They seem to work pretty good. I have got the noise down to only the fan itself. Not much of that hollow whirling sound coming from the system anymore. I thought it was important to anything going to the outside. I didn't want my house humming all the time. Another thing that really help for noise is the pressed insulation I used under the fan. It eliminated all vibration noise.

I almost posted pictures of sprouts LMAO. I never do that. That is how happy I am to have finally made the move and be back up and running. Lots of uncertainty there for a while. Most everything popped fine. I had to replace a couple Orange Hill Special as one didn't pop. Only 2 look good so I germinated them both. No more seeds of it anymore. Not sure what I plan to do about it. I kind of figured to look at any male plants. Didn't really plan on using one for sure. Now maybe I will. I know at least one worth doing. Pretty sure I will cross the O.H.S. with the Tangiloe some how. The lemon in the Tangiloe might help carry any orange smells and flavors. All this is no big deal. I always figured to find my keeper Orange strain to come from either Agent Orange or Tangie. Probably a hybrid of those 2 strains.

That is something you don't see much. People breeding 2 strains of the same smell or flavor to produce stronger results. Things like Super Lemon Haze x Jack the Ripper for lemon. They normally take 2 opposing smells. My Kat Berry was my first attempt at blending 2 of the same things. It has berry smell from the Purps and from Blueberry.

Thanks for the info on the fan set up. I was gifted some Lemon snow cone seeds bred by elev8 genetics. Just chopped couple weeks ago. No cure but it's starting to get the lemon smell/taste. It's a cross of SLH x lemon tree. Yeilded a couple zips. Painfully slow in veg, but it's really nice especially since it's not had a chance to cure
IMG_20190825_130939017.jpg

Wow that is FROSTY!!! Elev8 seems to be a up and comer these days. I would love to try their genetics someday. Always great to see wonderful buds like that.

Problem is as most of you know I have more than enough genetics. Even when it comes to super frosty plants. Now I just have to find them and do something with the outcome.

I got some wonderful news yesterday. My mentor finally put down the whiskey bottle and quit trying to drink the cancer away. He seemed in lots better spirits when I talked with him. Not only is he feeling better he has a new strain in mind. This could be a real winner. I still think his Purple Betty is one of the best purps out there.

He is growing Estes Granddaddy Purps right after his Purple Betty. He has already found a great frosty plant of the purple pheno that comes out looking pink. This will be crossed to the best of the Granddaddy if any show promise. Which they should, G.P. is supposed to be that good. After he makes the P.B. x G.P hybrid. He plans to do a pheno search and find the best pheno and cross it to Tahoe Og. After the Tahoe Og comes another pheno hunt for the best pheno then self it. The final outcome will be his new strain.

This is a great thing for 2 reasons. The main being this guy has bred one of the best strains I have grown so I know this will be great when he finishes it. The main reason is it has giving him something to do. Not quite a reason for living as he knows that is all on a time table now. Finding purpose at a time like this is really what he needed. One more great thing I have seen marijuana do for someone. After growing for 40 plus years it is really all he has. Nice to see growing "BE" there for him.

And then there was 2. With a couple seeds crapping out on me I had to figure out what to start. One never came through the soil while another that did does not have very developed top leaves. They are brown and dried on top. There is something on top so it may come around. Not sure if I will wait for it to do so.

I could have started more of the same seeds and did with the Orange Hill Special. Most that didn't pop were middle of the road hybrids. So I am going to start something that I have no idea of how the effects will be. It could go either way real easy. I do think it will be good, Not sure about great.

Chocolate Critical will fill the final spot on the grow list. While my strain count went beyond what I wanted OH Well LMAO. Of everything I bred last years this one interests me most. The only thing I can be sure of is it should be a sweet smelling plant. Both parents were really sweet. At least for smell. Flavors lean in a whole different direction. I used the Critical as a male to transfer its flavor and trichome production. Not that the Chocoloco needed more trichome's it was plenty frosty on its own. High type is the main reason I made this hybrid. Both are fun happy weed with a nice relaxing finish.

While I can't say this is the best hybrid I made last year. To tell the truth I don't think it is. It is by far the one I am most interested in. So it is in. The 2 part means that I will have 2 strains of my own making to look at. Tangiloe and Chocolate Critical.

Back
Top Bottom