Random Thoughts: Plants & Genetics

For post spawn that brown trout is in pretty good condition. I guess if that’s out of a lake there is probably plenty of crustacea and therefore a nice deep colour to the flesh? Fly fishing? Nice to see. I wish I had some trout waters nearby. Great stuff!
The fish in that lake have so much food and are so fat they loose little weight through the spawn. Not only are they still big. They eat well for that same reason. The main food source there is fresh water shrimp. It has great Fly fishing. I watched a friend catch a 8 lb brown on a # 20 black ant. That was a a blast. 2 years ago I caught a brook trout over 4 lbs in the same lake.

Dankman. That is the same stuff I was running. I know it should work, I just need to get used to it. Just goes to show you. I am not a good grower. I grow good weed LMAO. As long as I stay in my lane and don't get to big for my britches things normally go well. I am just not that good at figuring out some of the micro nutrient stuff. That and when and if it is a lock out problem. I am so much better at If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I can experiment with strains all I want. Time to do that and save the experiments for another time. What ever I am doing in the big tent is working. These are by far the best bushes. I have did a good job with bending and manipulating the plants. I am continuing to manipulate them. Always before I stopped after the first couple bends. With more work I am getting even more uniform canopy.

I am back to growing the short The New by itself. The way things look right now it will be a tight fit this way. Going into winter this is going to help more than it hurts. The more plants I have in there the better the humidity will be. I don't plan on adding any humidity unless I plan to regenerate a plant or for drying.

There is going to be more than enough branches to clone anything I want to. In fact I plan to take more than I will need or want. I am sure I will choose the wrong Golden Berry because I am not going to clone every one of them. The other strains I will have clones of every plant. Now I just need some of them to be winners. I have to say. The New is every bit as big as they say it is. It is growing real similar to the Banana Sorbet that produced really well.

I'm not the best grower either. I just use Subs recipe and good water. Only thing left is try to make environment stable. I'm really just following Subs lead :D

It's working so I don't mess with it. Plus I personally think my erb is tastier now that it's organic. It's expensive mixing up the soil batches tho

Having a place where I can mix soil and let it cook is my problem. To many close neighbors to wonder where it is all going. I will keep using FF soil and add what I can when I can.

I may be switching to Fertilome ultimate potting soil in the future. I will have to feed from start to finish but it may be easier in the long run. Part of my problem is having some nutrients left in the soil when I add needed things. This is creating problems.

You all have probably noticed that I have not posted flowering plants. That's because most of them are ugly. That iron lock out hit me harder than I thought. Growth has slowed a bit for a few of them. Others are pulling through ok. Ugly is still there so no plant pictures. The problem is in the top fan leaves. They make the whole plant look ugly. I better get a few pictures of the buds on some of these. They may be ugly but the buds look and smell wonderful.

My problem now is when to start back with nuits. Some are going to want more food as we go along. My main indicators "the leaves" can't give me much info because of previous damage. Oh well I will fake it. I may loose some production because of all this. Well I will for sure LMAO. I am going to get some pretty interesting weed out of it anyway. As bad as it sounds. I like making mistakes. That is where I do my learning. It seems for me, I need to live the problem to be able to figure it out right. If I had noticed the early indicators right. I could figured out what the problem was. I also should have solved the problem before add more nuits. That is one "Lesson" I learned.

I will be cloning this week from the looks of it. Still need to decide what to clone. The small The New is such a slow grower I just don't think I want to keep it. Compared to it's sister it just can't keep up. They are the biggest of all the plants and she is the smallest of all the plants. I have a few of the Key Lime Kush seeds left so I don't need to keep it. There is one with a more open Kush growth type. I may keep it just because of that fact. It's sister is one of the best looking plants of all of them. It is right behind The New plants. Best plants don't always make the best buds. I will decide later on KLK

Super Lemon Haze is the one that is not in question. I will be taking clones from both of them. I don't care what phenotype I get out of it. As long as it has lots of lemon and a great high it is a keeper. I would be happy with either the Skunk side or the Haze side when it comes to high. I only have 2 chances with SLH. Till I find the one I want I keep them all. My thoughts now are to have a crop with nothing but The New and Super Lemon Haze. That would be a first for me in so many ways LMAO. Clones and only 2 strains? What am I thinking?

It is everything I can do to not using all the power I got. I need to keep tents and lights available. I really need to try a seed crop soon. After I know what plants are best I will be deciding on how to proceed. There is a very good chance that The New will have the best overall plant. Either of these will make a good mother plant. I just need to find the frostiest to reverse as a father. If I get a great SLH I am going to want to self it also. So there is a chance I could have 2 plants I want to self. If so I am for sure going both ways with a hybrid. I could probably get away with doing that. I could keep the reversed plants on the outside and the others in the center. I am sure I would get a few floaters but that shouldn't be a problem if all plants are worthy that is. That is why I will have at least one clone of the Key Lime Kush and the short The New. I may need to the frost even if I don't grow them again.

The main thing is to find a big plant that has it all. Production is one thing. Quality is the key for me. I want the best people can get their hands on. There is average weed everywhere now. I want something people notice.

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

Cloning day today! I can't put it off any longer. That and a major defoliation. Then I will be able to see how much larger I will get them before flower.

On a totally different front. I will be transitioning away from 420mag. I have met (or kind of met lol) lots of great people here. I just find my life going in different ways. I learned a lot while writing " Random thoughts and genetics". A lot more of you helped me even more. I want to say Thank You now. I won't be gone totally I just won't be spending time here daily like I do now. For reasons that have nothing to do with 420mag.

Back
Top Bottom