Randomandy's Closet Jungle - First Grow

Re: randomandy's closet jungle (or so he hopes) FIRST GROW!! [Auto]

Happy days m8.well pleased 4 u.really glad u got ur grow outa ur wardrobe.I didn't want 2 say anything b4,but these plants can get abit bushy,an a wardrobe is a nitemare 2 me,cause my skunk near took up all my tent,nl really was hard pushed 4 space.ull see wot I'm talking about later,wen ur plants are proper size,plus getting fresh air in is a must.so glad uve now got the room.:partyboy:

Yeah I agree, wardrobe was never the ideal situation for me in the 1st place lol, but storage is at a premium in my house lol so my girl was reluctant to let me have any of that storage space for a grow, took a lot of negotiating to be allowed the wardrobe in the 1st place, but kinda always knew in the back of my mind that light leak would piss her off lol thats y i never done anything about it, although, as for fresh air in the wardrobe, i was opening the doors daily couple times a day and leaving open for like a wee half hour to an hour :thumb:

but really was just biding my time until my girl just let me have my space, wich is right next to my smoke room now aswell, so can keep tabs and do what i anything i need to do while im in smoking, but i think you will agree the space and the set up i have now looks a lot better and more efficient :thumb:

As for seeing how bushy they get as grow progresses, bear in mind i was down Scottish' way few weeks back, and seen up close and personal just how these little ladies grow, and the space needed lol as i say the wardrobe was never permanent for me, but had to convince my girl that that was my intention, but that its no good lol, my plan paid off :thumb::thumb:
haha a women think u cant pull one over on them think again ladies hahaha :p:p ;) ;) ;) ;)

my woman was always all up in my shit about this and that; "there's no room for your desktop PC, get a laptop" and "there's nowhere to grow weed [cos of all my shoes]" eventually i was forced to make a decision and now she's single lol

and i still have the desktop and it's massive and powerful like my... feet lol

haha thats just women for ya i think, as i say, ive learned to outsmart mine now, so wouldnt trade her in for the world lol, takes time to master the art of getting what you want out of a woman, haha call it an apprenticeship :thumb: trick is let them thin they have won lol safe in knowledge that you have let her win the battle, but never the war ;) ;) ;) ;)

haha thats just women for ya i think, as i say, ive learned to outsmart mine now, so wouldnt trade her in for the world lol, takes time to master the art of getting what you want out of a woman, haha call it an apprenticeship :thumb: trick is let them thin they have won lol safe in knowledge that you have let her win the battle, but never the war ;) ;) ;) ;)

I live by myself now, wouldn't trade that for the world lol

nice set up man:) clean and simple :thumb: Are they all autos? ill be watching along the way and give u a hand if i can :) :peace:

Yeah all Autos, just under a week in now :)... :thanks: Indo, can never have enough help and support!! :thumb:

Will update with a wee picture or 2 later on today, but ladies seem to be doing fine, and happy in their new home, 2nd set of leaves slowly pushing there way through...:thumb:

Growing is so much fun I can't think of another experience that comes close how did everyone find there first grows? :bong:

I have a small suggestion

With decent air flow across your seedlings you may find the surface soil (coco) being blown around and could cause a mess. I would cover the top with some hydroton clay balls.

I dig the setup. Those air pots are rad and I'd like to try them.

My first grow was a bag seed guerilla grow in 1994. I grew one plant to crystally goodness and even used a form of LST ( I jammed rocks between the main stem and branch forcing them to spread out) for more light penetration. I was devastated though as it was stolen by a so-called friend. I learned a valuable lesson on my first grow. Don't trust anyone.

IMG-20140520-WA0000.jpg
Cheers for the advice Calyx Hunter, with the fan I have it facing the wall, so it bounces off the wall and creates no more than a gentle breeze over the plants, so kibda should be ok for now?? and thanks yeah was my bro (scottish) recommended i try the air pots, and after a bit of reading i figured they should work well, so had to give them a go, bit pricey compared to standard pots tbh, but hoping they will be worth the investment.

More worryingly for me at the minute though, can anyone tell me whats going on in the pic?? Its only my sweet cheese plant that seems affected, and sorry pic is no good but outer half of the 1st leafs are turning like a golden brown??

Also just to add, i have them under 24/0 light schedule at the moment, and was thinking to keep this going for basically the entire veg stage of these girls life, and last night, i dropped the light half an inch so was sitting maybe just over an inch away from them?? gut feeling is telling me that somewhere in there lies my problem, other 2 girlsleafs are starting to curl up, its only ever so slight, but enough to notice...
the problem was noticed when i got up this morning, so have lifted the light back to its original position, and hoping that this was the problem and will fix it... Any suggestions will be more than :welcome:...

I have a small suggestion

With decent air flow across your seedlings you may find the surface soil (coco) being blown around and could cause a mess. I would cover the top with some hydroton clay balls.

I dig the setup. Those air pots are rad and I'd like to try them.

My first grow was a bag seed guerilla grow in 1994. I grew one plant to crystally goodness and even used a form of LST ( I jammed rocks between the main stem and branch forcing them to spread out) for more light penetration. I was devastated though as it was stolen by a so-called friend. I learned a valuable lesson on my first grow. Don't trust anyone.
:rofl: love it calyx using rocks to pin a lady hahaha :rofl: sorry you learned a lesson like that that way spending all your time on a lady for her to be snatched away and not getting to taste her sweetness but you are to right don't trust anyone to many greedy people in this world who just look out for themselves :( :bong:

it seems like an overwater issue if you look back at my journal I have had the same issues or even search my name above and click the brown spots thread it may help it will sort itself out just let them dry totally before next watering may be a couple of days airpots mean it will be quicker than normal as you no but your babies should pull through and at least you will have a lesson learned already :bong:

yeah i just looked through your brown spots thread, after talking this morning, i was beginning to be inclined to agree with you and that its overwatering, however, wondering if that strain from sweet seeds just doesnt like anything in the early days?? funny was EXACTLY SAME STRAIN FROM EXACT SAME BREEDER that you had your problems with Scottish, so thinking ive maybe overwatered, wich has released too much of the nutes in the soil and burned her?? similar to what u had at almost the same stage with your sweet cheese?!?!

maybe there is a lesson in there for anyone starting out with sweet seeds sweet cheese?? but definitely seems plausable given my other 2 girls seem fine (Blue Cheese has 1 brown spot on each of her 1st leaves, nothing big, and i dont hink its anything serious either if im being honest, will upload pics of that just shortly too and again people can share their advice and opinion...

I don't think it's breed or genetics or nutes my current sweet cheese is very strong and healthy and in miracle grow soil which is supposed to be hot but she is fine its just seeds like a soggy germ but having to search for water after tap starts? :bong:

OK so here an update on my little ladies
Big Devil
IMG-20140518-WA0008.jpg

Blue Cheese
DSC_023318.JPG
IMG-20140518-WA0006.jpg

Small brown spots on blue cheese leaf
DSC_023417.JPG
DSC_023614.JPG

and finally, the brown leaf damageon Sweet Cheese
DSC_023118.JPG
IMG-20140520-WA0000.jpg
DSC_023014.JPG

So new growth seems to be coming through fine, and im sure that the damage is overwatering, so just going to leave them to it for it a few days, will keep checking pot weights and will water if i need to, but not until i am completely staisfied that they need it :thumb:

As always, please jump in and voice your opinions, comments and critisisms (constructive observations please), i am a noob and trying to get this right, so will welcome on board any advice anyone has to offer, so long as its valid :thumb:

I don't think it's breed or genetics or nutes my current sweet cheese is very strong and healthy and in miracle grow soil which is supposed to be hot but she is fine its just seeds like a soggy germ but having to search for water after tap starts? :bong:

lol wasnt for a second implying that its bad breeder or genetics, just thought it was worth pointing out, that she is obviously a fussy girl lol so just pointing that out for other noobs looking to grow this same strain,BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERWATER her lol i thought i was being careful, but obv jumped in and have given too much water and has led to same troubles u had with yours back in the beginning aswell :thumb: weve made the mistake so hopefully others can learn from it and hopefully not have the same problem in the future :high-five:

Hope the best for your grow. The fact that your seeds have germinated and tapped a root is a great start. I would suggest not watering until you see a crusty dry surface. If you are ever in doubt than use a popsicle stick or a chopstick to stab gently into the dirt. If it comes out damp or darker in color (meaning it has absorbed water) then you do not need to water. I look forward to seeing more growth and posts. Cheers.

I think its just the soil.my ss went abit like that.soils just abit hot 4 the seedling,that's all.it will all sort itself out as new leaves come through.I personally don't believe its over watering m8.

Back
Top Bottom