Randy Moss Says NFL Needs To `Loosen Up Its Rules' With Regard To Marijuana

Katelyn Baker

Randy Moss once created a stir in the NFL when he admitted to smoking marijuana "every blue moon'' while member of the Raiders in 2005.

So it's not surprising that in an interview with SI.com Friday, the former standout wide receiver said he thought the NFL ought to get over its issues with pot.

"I think the NFL just needs to loosen up its rules and let everybody live,'' Moss said.

Moss took issue with the draft day fall of tackle Laremy Tunsil, who was captured on social media smoking what appeared to be marijuana out of a gas mask.

"My definition of `character issues' is based on if a guy is hurting his teammates,'' Moss said. "I think when you are caught on camera smoking something or slamming a six-pack of beer, that's not a character issue.

"I think if a guy is out there driving under the influence, beating women or doing something to really hurt others, that's where you have to draw the line.''

Moss is currently without a contract as an NFL analyst, and it will be interesting to see if the league exerts any influence over any of its television partners with regard to his employement.

credCarlosGracia.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Randy Moss Says NFL Needs To `Loosen Up Its Rules' With Regard To Marijuana
Author: Jerry McDonald
Photo Credit: Carlos Gracia

Back
Top Bottom