Rant - A bragging phenomena that thwarts real learning

WildRosebud

Often I encounter people who say they grow and can grow MONSTERS that make up to 9 pounds per plant.... With autoflowers.... Ummmm I been at this 20 years show me a 9 pound auto flower PLEASE lol..... Too funny some of the crap I hear. I often wonder what logic is held within these peoples ears ya know!?! Unless someone can prove me wrong ;)

Be safe out there people and happy AUTO!

I think it is possible to harvest a 10 pound plant if grown under optimal conditions, perfect weather, outside in the sun. I've seen plants 14 feet tall and almost as wide. A tree! But in the house under lights, NOT. Ha.

What is the most you harvested from an auto? What are some good heavy indica strains?

Hi GF! With auto's they do not live long enough to produce large specimens like that and I think auto Mazar or w/e it is called been clocked at harvest around 1 pound or so. Not sure of its genetics never played with it myself. With regulars , sky is the limits unless it is poor genetics.

I have a few personal autos , my dg grew some out they get from 1-4 ounces per plant in 80-100 days but usually more than 2 ounces average. A few of them are heavy indica , Onyx x Greem Reefer , Pink Parvat x LowRyder , Deep Chunkolate X LowRyder (Best yeilder and it was yummy) Pink Parvat/LowRyderxPink Parvat/LowRyder and Deep Chunkolate/LowRyder x Pink Parvat/LowRyder. Come to think of it none of my strains have much sativa influence cept LowRyder itself. I had the jitters last summer/fall and prematurely harvested my LowRyders they shoulda went a few more weeks. One specimen was 5 feet tall and a few feet wide , too bad I did not wait... That plant would have easily made up too 4-6 ounces but only gave me like a ounce. It was very green tasting and kicked my but lol made amazing butter with it.

The fella that was bragging bout 9 pound autos says he gets 9 pounds in 55 days.... I want to see that lmao.... The most bud I ever got off a potted regular was 3 pounds it was a Afghani and I sure miss that strain so unique :(

Namaste GF and Mark!

9 pounds from just one plant? :thedoubletake: That must have been the holy grail of autoflowers :laughtwo: If I get a few grams I am really happy. In the end doesn't matter how much it gives it matters it's your work and you know what you put into it, and you don't sponsor some drug ring that doesn't give a crap about the plant itself, but the money it will bring. Sorry I just had to rant about this it is just very unbelievable . Take care :love:

hey wild the lowryder you got up to 5ft was it lowryder #1 or #2? which pheno? and indoor or out? sorry for all the questions but im in the middle of growing my first auto outdoors as we speak and its a lowryder#1 from vision seeds and im looking for any help at all to get a higher yield and 5ft is an amazing height from everything iv read about the strain. Im at about 2ft and thought that was pretty tall for a lowryder. it started flower about 2weeks ago and acually ended up being a mutant that grows 3 shoots at every node instead of the normal 2. I apologize if this is the wrong spot to be posting this but I havnt been able to find anyone with a personal exsperience with this strain that could give me any tips on what I can do to better the plant any info at all would be more than appreciated!

hey wild the lowryder you got up to 5ft was it lowryder #1 or #2? which pheno? and indoor or out? sorry for all the questions but im in the middle of growing my first auto outdoors as we speak and its a lowryder#1 from vision seeds and im looking for any help at all to get a higher yield and 5ft is an amazing height from everything iv read about the strain. Im at about 2ft and thought that was pretty tall for a lowryder. it started flower about 2weeks ago and acually ended up being a mutant that grows 3 shoots at every node instead of the normal 2. I apologize if this is the wrong spot to be posting this but I havnt been able to find anyone with a personal exsperience with this strain that could give me any tips on what I can do to better the plant any info at all would be more than appreciated!
Hi listen3marley! This is my f1 LowRyders from Great White North Seeds ,
3 pheno small bushy , medium bushy and tall bushy. The major difference between Vision and GWN LowRyder is the type of Ruderalis they use. Vision is a Mexican Ruderalis a equatorial variety and GWN is Suomi/Finnish Ruderalis. Also my LowRyder is Sativa dominant in structure where as Northern Lights in Visions will be more Indica dominant. Totally different strains.
IMAG3468-1.jpg

This is what happen when I cross with regulars
IMAG5907.jpg

very interesting. so im assuming vision is the small bushy? anything i can do to help my yield? aug 5th is the first day of the 8th week which is when they suggest harvest so I have untill then (unless i should let it go longer) to try and up the yield. honestly i havnt done anything besides keep it on a nutrient schedule (general organics) because everything iv read said theres not much you can do to them without stressing them too much because they grow so fast.

GWN LowRyder is supposed to be 2-3 foot tall. But some pheno get up to 6 feet. Safe to assume vision will be short n bushy but northern lights genetics can go both ways , short n bushy or tall as a tree. Not entirely sure what sort of northern lights they use. Mexican Ruderalis is not one I am familiar with but suggests to me that it will do well on a 18/6 start to finish or even 12/12 since days are shorter in equatorial regions.

One cool thing bout auto is they love one kind of food start to finish usually veg nutes with a extra couple weeks flush time. Also when sprouting them I find it best to plant them in the last pot you plan to use right away , say 2-5 gallon and you are good to go. 60 day strains have a weird window , you could be looking at 60-100 days depending on your preference and keen eye for finish. Careful though if gone too long you can bolt them easily (Male flowers form to force pollinate) in desperation to reproduce. It is pretty simple though , pretty much harvest time if you see any nanners or grapes ;)

ok cool thank you. it about 2ft give or take and deff bushy. I used a 3 gallon pot. I didnt know to only give it veg nutes I pretty much have been using the schedule on the general organics grow box so i switched to bloom nutes a little over a week ago. any other way to tell when its ready besides the trichs? I only have an 8x magnify and Im not sure if thatll be strong enough. heres what its looking like.
image12152.jpg
image12153.jpg

really? thanks. i wouldnt know since i dont know what normal mexican ruderalis looks like as this is only my second grow... do you think they are good enough to enter in the plant of the month contest if i also take one of the whole plant? I want to but I know people have some really good plants/pics and would feel dumb if i got no votes... anyways, it seems its kind of at a stand still. it flowered to wheres its at now close to 2 weeks ago and has just stayed the same. it hasnt got any bigger, bushier, fuller or any thing. thats not normal right? thanks again for all the help on this I really appreciate having someone to go to that has had experience with this strain and answers me quickly... also is rain water good bad or neither for autos?

really? thanks. i wouldnt know since i dont know what normal mexican ruderalis looks like as this is only my second grow... do you think they are good enough to enter in the plant of the month contest if i also take one of the whole plant? I want to but I know people have some really good plants/pics and would feel dumb if i got no votes... anyways, it seems its kind of at a stand still. it flowered to wheres its at now close to 2 weeks ago and has just stayed the same. it hasnt got any bigger, bushier, fuller or any thing. thats not normal right? thanks again for all the help on this I really appreciate having someone to go to that has had experience with this strain and answers me quickly... also is rain water good bad or neither for autos?
No problem! Sorry I been real busy pass few days... I find autos like all sorts of water sources , slough , tap , rain... Autos stall out then explode with growth that is normal. If she is pretty I would say add her for August Plant of the Month , you got till the 15th to enter 2 pics and allow her to balloon/puff up before hand. Nobody looks dumb entering no worries :)

thanks wrb appreciate the feedback... you got any projects going on at the moment??

thanks wrb appreciate the feedback... you got any projects going on at the moment??

You bet!
I got a outdoor project going on with self made auto's. But mother nature keeps trying to kill them on me lol check out the link in my signature ;)

Hi GF! With auto's they do not live long enough to produce large specimens like that and I think auto Mazar or w/e it is called been clocked at harvest around 1 pound or so. Not sure of its genetics never played with it myself. With regulars , sky is the limits unless it is poor genetics.

I have a few personal autos , my dg grew some out they get from 1-4 ounces per plant in 80-100 days but usually more than 2 ounces average. A few of them are heavy indica , Onyx x Greem Reefer , Pink Parvat x LowRyder , Deep Chunkolate X LowRyder (Best yeilder and it was yummy) Pink Parvat/LowRyderxPink Parvat/LowRyder and Deep Chunkolate/LowRyder x Pink Parvat/LowRyder. Come to think of it none of my strains have much sativa influence cept LowRyder itself. I had the jitters last summer/fall and prematurely harvested my LowRyders they shoulda went a few more weeks. One specimen was 5 feet tall and a few feet wide , too bad I did not wait... That plant would have easily made up too 4-6 ounces but only gave me like a ounce. It was very green tasting and kicked my but lol made amazing butter with it.

The fella that was bragging bout 9 pound autos says he gets 9 pounds in 55 days.... I want to see that lmao.... The most bud I ever got off a potted regular was 3 pounds it was a Afghani and I sure miss that strain so unique :(

Namaste GF and Mark!

I see I never answered you. I apologize for that! Thank you for taking the time to write that nice list.

I know what you mean about some of the claims I read around the forum. It actually makes me laugh out loud quite often, but in a nice way. I think it's cute how some of the guys do this and that and so much more than necessary. I am a worrier, but not for the same reasons they worry. I worry about crop failure because I've been a gardener for decades and to lose any plant is almost like a death in the family!

But some of these sprays with 1% phosphorous for a mere 40 dollars a bottle are ridiculous. WoW!

Again, sorry I didn't thank you sooner for your list of autos. My next indoor to greenhouse will be autos. Light here in 30 degrees is just about even much of the year in terms of daylight hours. Levels of light is another story, of course. But that is why I think the autos will be nice for a spring lead up. I can't grow in the greenhouse and go directly out in May, when it will be deep into frost free for about 6 weeks. The problem is everything starts to flower because the hours are basically the same. Intensity is way different, no matter. Photo-period plants do what they do. So for my next outdoor grow, I will start seed indoors in May for plant out end of June. They will start to flower immediately and be finished by end of September. If I use autos in the greenhouse in between, I'll be perpetual! What the hell am I going to do with all this pot!!!!? I think a lot of my friends will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom