RaoulDuke's Practice Run - 400W+Soil+BagSeed

RaoulDuke

Hello Everyone,

This is my first indoor grow. My only experience is tossing some beans in the ground, pouring some shit on them and staring at dirt. Since I can't share this with anyone 'real' I've decided to share it with thousands of virtual folks!

I've been lurking these forums quite a bit the past couple of months and words cannot express my gratitude for the wealth of knowledge you've all provided me with. I'll be doing my best to keep progress updated as frequently as possible.

These gals began their life amongst 20 others in an ice cube tray or tossed together in a butter container full of dirt from from the yard on a window sill (product of a experiment by my roommate). Saying that these plants have been through hell would be a gross understatement. After watching these things stretch for light in that windowsill and eventually abandoned for a week I decided to take them in. Hit up the forums and got my learn on and then a bag of dirt.

After getting these things planted in a respectable medium I picked up some 6500k 27W CFLs and watched them turn around drastically. Being the fact that I rent I decided to pick up a used tent from a local hydro shop. Was sold the tent under the assumption it was a homebox, it turned out to be a knock off PVC tent and it off gassed the shit out of them, almost killed them.

Their veg cycle is undocumented. It was hell, but we're in the clear now. I'm pretty excited to see what we end up with here!

Here's the dirt and thanks for looking!

What strain is it? BAGSEED FTW!
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 1 Certain Indica Dominant, 4 Sativa Dominant. All from different bags. Unknown Source.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Early Flower
If in Veg... For how long? Sprouted 5/10/2010-7/4/2010
If in Flower stage... For how long? 7/4/2010- Present
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? 75% FFOF 25% Perlite
If soil... What size pot? 3.5 Gal.
Size of light? 400W HPS/MH.
Supplemental Light? 6 6500k 27W CFL
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? Day 74-80 Night 65-70
RH of Room/cab? 45-55%
PH of media or res? Last Flush Run Off 6.2(5.8 at start of flush)
Any Pests ? Not That I'm Aware Of
How often are you watering? Every Three Days
Strength of ferts used? 75% of Posted Mix on Fox Farm Feeding Schedule
Nutrients - Fox Farm Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big, Molasses, Earth Juice Micro Blast
# of Plants: 5

Equipment:
Tent - Secret Jardin DR120
Hood - Yield Master EasyCool6
Ballast - Sun System Econo Gro 400W MH/HPS Switchable
Bulbs - Sun Master Cool Deluxe MH and FarmTek HPS (yep)
Ventilation and Filtration - 200 CFM Phresh Filter, 4" ValuLine 171 cfm, 6" Clamp on, 12" oscillating, Passive Intake.

The Gals:

(I'll get some better images up here within the next day or two. This will at least provide some insight of whats goin on...)

IMAG00191.jpg

IMAG00028.jpg

IMAG00243.jpg

IMAG00231.jpg

IMAG00212.jpg

IMAG00142.jpg

Hi RaoulDuke, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
I like growing bagseed, It's the mystery!
:thanks: for joining us, and :goodluck: with the bagseed grow.
:peace:

Thank you for the warm welcome CocoJoe and SanibelGreen!

Nothing much new today beside tent cleaning day, which led to some plant starin' which led to a potential downer... I think I've got a hermie. I'm hoping I'm wrong, should I wait til i see more of these things at the internodes? I'm not sure if this is a swollen calyx or a pollen sac. I've heard at times they're nearly identical?

IMAG0042-2.jpg

I would wait. I had a hermie that only had one pollen sack. once i pinched it off no more have grown yet. Nice set up.

I wasn't so lucky. I pulled it off yesterday and three more appeared today...

... and then there were three. My indica went hermie too. Strangely enough, in spite all of the near obsessive care and worry I didn't feel bad about killing them at all. In fact, it was actually quite merciless and brutal.

I have a feeling the others want to outgrow the tent already. I've raised the light nearly one foot today. I'm quite certain that they've enjoyed their feeding this morning.

:morenutes:

Sativa A) 31.5"
Sativa B) 30.75"
Sativa C)29.75"

I'll post pics of our survivors and new measurements tomorrow about this time. I'm putting 20 on another 2" tomorrow....

Raoul Duke we have a reservation total coverage....we have a suite we must have a suite...... ha ha i love that scene

Your plants look good. green and healthy. 2 months in vedge that is awesome. i wish i could do a long veg period. did you use the 400w mh for any of that time when you got them all sorted out?

Was sold the tent under the assumption it was a homebox, it turned out to be a knock off PVC tent and it off gassed the shit out of them, almost killed them.
what does this mean?

Raoul Duke we have a reservation total coverage....we have a suite we must have a suite...... ha ha i love that scene

Your plants look good. green and healthy. 2 months in vedge that is awesome. i wish i could do a long veg period. did you use the 400w mh for any of that time when you got them all sorted out?

what does this mean?

The veg started under 6 27 watt 6500k CFLs for about three weeks, then switched to the 400 watt MH.

I guess there are about three factories in China that produce virtually all of the grow tents on the market today for all of the different brands. It seems that at some point one of these factories switched materials (PVC instead of polyethylene) which would emit toxic gas when exposed to heat. The companies were not aware of this until it was too late and the tents that they had sold their customers had killed crop after crop. Hydrohut and Sunhut were the brands hit the hardest.

The issue only occurs with brand name white lined tents produced around 2008 and most all knock off tents to date. I know for a fact actual Homebox tents are safe and were not affected. Basically, don't buy a white lined tent if it's not a HomeBox.

The tent that I received had no brand name on it. It looked exactly like a Homebox XL. It definitely was not. The only marking on the tent itself was a 'Made in China' tag.

The symptoms of this are nearly identical to those of over watering and nutrient deficiency. If anyone out there is having plant issues I'd suggest that you all do a quick search on the Google for 'Grow Tent Off Gas' or 'Grow Tent Out Gas'. If your tent has a white lining it could be the cause.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed. I was totally ripped off by this hydro shop. They had to have known it was bunk. But, we must all pay our noob dues, as expensive as they may be.

Day 16 Flower

Need. Real. Camera.

Sativa A) 33.25" (+1.75")

a130.jpg
a227.jpg

a320.jpg

Sativa B) 32.25" (+1.5")

b126.jpg
b220.jpg

b320.jpg

Sativa C) 30.75" (+1")

c117.jpg
c213.jpg

c316.jpg

those are some happy plants. since i have never grow one b4 sativas always throw me when i first see them. they are always so much skinnier and taller.

These girls are definitely in the prime of their stretch! I'm thinking my next go around I'll focus a little more on controlling it. They stayed short and bushy until day 1 of flower.

Nothing too exciting today. Watered, measured and tested runoff:

Sativa A) 37.5"(+4.25") PH 6.5!
Sativa B) 36.75"(+4.5") PH 6.2
Sativa C) 34.5"(+3.75") PH 5.8

Sativa B is turning into a stunningly beautiful plant. Not sure whats up with Sativa C's runoff. I'm thinking that I somehow skipped it on the last flush, being that the water was pretty murky too. Needless to say she got a nice flush today, so all is well and no visible harm to the plant. Sativa B got a heavy water as well to get back to around 6.5.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement! It truly means a lot, considering that by the looks of your grows you really know what the f*ck you're doing...

Hey Raoul,nice setup man. Just try to stay away from the ether before you go messing with them!:)

Hey Raoul,nice setup man. Just try to stay away from the ether before you go messing with them!:)

hehehe

... and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff in no time.

Quick Update: We Have Trichomes!

Sativa A) 43.75" (+6.75")

Sativa B) 41" (+4.25")

Sativa C) 39.75" (+5.25")

Sativa A was the first to show yesterday, all are showing today. Sativa C is showing a remarkable improvement since her PH was corrected. She has developed the largest buds so far with much longer pistils than the others. Today is day 21 of flower. All were fed today their Week 8 feeding:

GrowBig - 1.5tsp
Big Bloom - 1Tbsp
Tiger Bloom - 1.75tsp

pics tomorrow. lazy sunday.

Back
Top Bottom