Rascio - It's Growing!

No Rascio!

He's not gone Colorado, he's not gone! He's coming right back!

Look I can see him now, he's coming. Just a second!

***cough Rascio, where are you? cough ***

I'mmmmmm Backkkkkkk

Almost a year later .....

I finished the grow journaled here, and flowered some cuttings of the same strains soon after.
Something went sideways with both grows.

I was struggling with the flowering stage. The plants seemed healthy enough, but they just didn't want to finish. I still don't know what the problem was, but I suspect my environment was just too dry, despite my efforts with wet towels and such. Also heat in the early flowering stage.

The result was about half a pound of loose, dry buds. Not sticky at all. The smoke was harsh and not very strong. I think the non sticky buds were also poorly cured ... again, my environment too dry.

In the fall I had a lot going on, and some stress in my job, and I neglected the clone grow at a very bad time. Along with the clones I popped a couple fresh silver haze seeds and one turned out to be male. I hadn't looked in tent for almost 4 days after a heavy watering, and when I did there were some glorious male flowers which had filled the room with a fine coating of pollen.

Mucho milla!!

Anyhow, the seeded buds finished much better and once the seeds were gone I had some pretty decent smoke.

Right around that time (last November) I got fired from a job that I really loved, and I was pretty sad for some time. I planned to travel and teach for a while, but I couldn't get my poop together before cash got too tight.

Anyhow, March came and I realized I wasn't going to be traveling any time soon, so I started a new seed, this time Carnival. This is the basis for my current grow. I now have 8-10 Carnival plants (depending on how you count) starting to flower in my 5×5*6⅔' tent, under 600w HP's plus a 3w×100 led panel, and another dozen cuttings started in my smaller tent under another panel.

I don't plan to journal this in detail, but I'll chime in on the carnival community grow thread.

I need some more kit materials! I've given them nothing but some second and third run kit soil. No deficiencies are apparent so far, but I think I'm pushing it. I have enough cat drench to give each plant a good soak and that's it. The last of the roots!:went into my last batch of cuttings.

So, it's good to be back on the site and catching up with your grows. I haven't had a stellar grow yet, but I'm not giving up ... ever. If I'm not travelling, I'll be growing. I love this plant!!

With love,

Ras

Hey Rascio!!

Sure is great to see you around here!

Sorry to hear things went to shit for you. But, don't forget that were here for you. We think about you often!

I sure can't wait to see how things turn around for you. Let me know if you need anything bud!

:high-five:

Hey stranger. :hug: I was really missing you. :laughtwo: Sorry to hear the grows went so crappy. We need to do something about your lack of kit supplies. Damn, your timing was a week off!!:straightface:

I'll look forward to your posts on the Carnival thread. See? I knew that thread would be a good idea. :battingeyelashes:

Sooooo good to see your name pop up again. :yahoo:

Thanks for the warm welcome backs.

I hope, with a few improvisations, the plants now flowering will complete OK.

I ran out of "growth energy" about half way through the veg. I have kept them green since using urine, something I've been wanting to try. I'm being very careful to not let the soil dry out, so that the biota retains the ability to convert urea and uric acid into nitrates. I'm eating extra sardines and unsalted pumpkin seeds to boost the phosphate levels in my pee to help with flowering.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Yes, I know that a lot of people will be grossed out by the he idea, but for years I've thought it a shame to be flushing away one of nature's best fertilizers. I'm diluting 1-1½ pints of urine in 4 gallons of water, so somewhere between 1/20 and 1/30.

I plan to order another kit in two weeks. I know it's relatively cheap, but I have to be sure careful with even small expenses, at the moment. And I'll be needing some more soil and worm castings too.

A few picks of the third biggest girl in my tent now:

IMG_20160707_234631.jpg
IMG_20160707_234801.jpg

Cheers! :passitleft::peace:

Back
Top Bottom