Rastas' First Grow

If i was growing outdoors in Sri Lanka, knowing what the climate is like, I would just stick to a good soil and use the fertilizer the farming supplier made for you.

You'd probably only feed them a couple of times the entire grow.

Add kelp/seaweed extract so you're covered in the cal-mag department.

Coco will dry out too quick.

Are you in the South?

This is my second grow. It is a multi strain grow, which goes against picking a strain and running with it, but I had the seeds and the curiosity. I use a light rail. These are under a 1000w DE Gavita. Only 825w at the moment, soon to be cranked up.

16fa6d1bbe3f8dc0817d03261b312a2c.jpg

These girls are half way through week 6. I expect some will be taken end of week 8 and that others may take a full 10. They'll be replaced by half Hindu Kush and half Liberty Haze once the space is there. I intend it to be a perpetual grow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

yep, in SL, i was thinking of growing outside, but the weather has been pretty cloudy and unpredictable (I am not too far north of colombo - just north of the airport) and i am worried about other ppl noticing. So I am building a grow tent. I am also building a 150 watt led grow light system (got all the lights, building the frame and heat venting right now). the farming supplier made a 5-15-14 mix - do you have any suggestions on dosage with it? how much kelp/seaweed extract should i use - i plan on using 5 gallon pots). i dont mind frequent watering, as i like to watch the little guys growing :) thanks for helping me out, you are saving me a lot of time and cash as well as increasing my knowledge!

Ah, I see what you mean about people noticing. Colombo is a busy place! As far as the tent and grow light, that's a great idea if the weather isn't so good at the moment.

The mix the farmer has supplied you with has a higher PK ratio as opposed to the N. This means this fertilizer is best used when the girls are flowering. It's best to get something with a higher N ration and lower PK for their vegetation period. You're in coco, which I think is a good idea considering where you are in the world it would be cheap to buy.

Don't stress too much about how much nutrients you use, focus on how little you can get away with. The girls WILL tell you when they want something. The most common thing you'll find is purple stems - lack of cal-mag. This is not that bad a deficiency to have. Use the kelp (seaweed extract) at standard strength. It helps a lot of deficiencies. You can also dissolve some epsom salts in your water (I use about a tbsp per 10L) which will sort any magnesium issues as well.

I keep my girls pretty dry. I record everything so I know how to resolve any issues I may have previously had too. I only feed them once a week, with a watering in between, but they are drinking more now that they're nearing the end.

Get your post count up and then we can jump in PM, or start a journal here so we can all subscribe.

Thanks Snidrajsed! I just happen to be perusing your Autoflower Topping Thread. I have a Bubble Kush growing under the T5s of my nursery (that's what I like to call my veg tent - haha!) on 18/6. I'm going to let her flower under 4000k, so who knows what we'll end up with. I have so much going on in the nursery at the moment that she gets neglected, but I have topped her once. I've been focusing a lot of time on cloning and working with mother plants.

Reading the start of this journal with what I have and know now is a little embarrassing! But, we've all gotta start somewhere - and I am still a beginner too. I just know how I could have tripled my first grow in a month's less time. Live and learn!

r0ac4 these are from Sri Lanka. The left is a Hindu Kush. The photo doesn't do it justice. Shaped like a Christmas tree with what will be a monster main cola. The leaves droop down which is a characteristic of HK. They're also long and lanky like a sativa, but it grows short and bushy like the indica it is.

The right is the Ganja. A pure sativa. Both were bag seed but I made sure I knew what I was getting. I did a lot of hunting around and spoke to a lot of people so I got what I was looking for.

These are over three months old and about to be transplanted into 27L pots to flower.

c87c157ed7a59bdd7f3d00a07bd34243.jpg

Cause if I watch it one more time I'll book a trip to the Caribbean! I do love watching Strain Hunters. It's even more fun doing it yourself, minus the dangerous visits to hectares of crops! It's a shame Franco is gone. He was the brains behind the operation. He was the true breeder.

Back
Top Bottom