Ravenplume Grow Journal 2022 - #3 : Ravenplume Wildling 2020 - Surprise Seed

Ravenplume

Alright, so recently, I came across a stash of my Pixie Sass-2020 (which was my Tinkerbell plant from that year, and I think designated RPW2019-05), this was a little sample I had set aside for what was going to be a long term curing experiment. At the time, the sample had already been curing a whole year. Sample was taken in September or October of 2021.

So anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find a single seed in this sample. I remember that Tink had received a random pollenization from some unknown male in the neighborhood, but like with Pixie Pie, thought we had harvested soon enough to prevent any seeds from forming. Guess we weren't quite fast enough. Shame there are no sibling seeds. But I suppose that no matter what this ends up being, if I can keep the cuttings going, I will be able to experiment with stressing and making hermies to self pollinate.

Since the father is unknown, I am going to declare this RPW2020-00, aka Ravenplume Wildling-2020, since 2020 is the year the seed was made. Probably don't need a sequence number though, since it is unlikely I will find any additional seeds in the remaining PS-2020.

RPGJ-2022-03-00.JPG

One week later, and I can finally post a tiny update.

2022-02-28: Just noticed this morning the seed has sprouted, and is showing a definite little taproot tail there...

RPGJ-2022-03-01-TN.JPG

I'm going to let this one grow out for longer than I did the X2022 and the Mr. Clean seeds. This is my only one, so unlike the RPW-2019 seeds, of which I have an Imperial assload (which is more than a metric assload), I don't get any do overs.

So let's figure another week before any sort of additional updates.

That one didn't make it, and was discarded long ago. However, I just found a second seed, so this journal is staying open. In fact, it will remain open until that jar is empty and no more seeds manifest or one grows to become a certified pet house plant; whichever comes first.

I didn't snap any pics of this one before putting it in a damp paper towel in a zipper baggie in a dark drawer. Figured no point. I'll update again when and if it sprouts, or another seed is found.

That seedling also did not survive, so this journal is now closed.

And since this seed was found, plus only the tiny handful of Bittersweet Pie, Bubblegum, and Birthday Cake (from the first BC plant), I have been wondering if a plant produces such a small amount, while others that were in the vicinity got power pollinated from my best Wildling-2019) (Fawn...Wildling2019-Seed:18) and 2 of the three Birthday Cakes my neighbor gave me to finish up before he moved last Fall), would that be a good indicator that those plants had self pollinated, making feminized seeds?

I suppose a stance of "feminized unless a seed grows up otherwise" ought to be a reasonable policy...

Back
Top Bottom