Ravyn's Garden - Coco Hempy - Early Vixen & White Widow — Mars II 1200 LED

CVault Connoisseur Combo 3 - CVault Exclusive Distributor Warranty Approved

The CVault is constructed of 18/10 food grade stainless steel; it is an airtight container that is impenetrable by light. Light weight and durable; this is "the ultimate curing and storage solution container".
The Ultimate Humidity Controlled Storage System – combining the air-tight CVault with the 62% Boveda Humidipak creates the perfect curing and holding environment for your herbal product. The CVault maintains your herbal product at its ideal relative humidity, not losing or gaining any moisture. Instead, it will be maintained at its ideal 62% moisture level throughout its intended lifespan.

Science Under the Lid
Thick 1/4" wide silicone ring ensures an airtight seal
Pak holder, specially designed to hold your Boveda Humidipak
No Hassle, maintenance free system

CVault Curing and Storage

62% Humidity Control
Patented 2-way humidity control technology, the Boveda Humidipak eliminates the humidity spikes and even the slightest fluctuations in humidity, preventing your herbs from losing any oils, character or flavor.
The components of the Boveda Humidipak are natural elements: salt and pure water. There are no chemicals used within and all ingredients are food grade approved. The Boveda Humidipak only allows pure water vapor in and out.

Design & Function
Constructed of lightweight, durable stainless steel
Triple Latch design “locks in freshness”
Top of lid can be written on with a NON-PERMANENT marker and relabeled as vault contents change
Controls air, light and humidity preserving your product
Odor proof
All Connoisseur combo packages are stackable

Includes
1 x small CVault
1 x medium CVault
1 x large CVault
1 x XL CVault
8 x 8 gram 62% Boveda Humidipaks

Interior Dimensions
small CVault diameter 3.25” x 1.75” deep or 8 CM x 4.4 CM deep
medium CVault diameter 4” x 2.25” deep or 10 CM x 5.6 CM deep
large CVault diameter 4.75” x 2.5” deep or 12 CM x 6.5 CM deep
XL CVault diameter 6.5” x 3.5” deep or 16 CM x 9 CM deep

Total Storage : 2.7 liters of storage space

I got this set plus an 8 liter (2 gallon) single container.

Grade B and C filled them all. :rofl:

:popcorn:

I took a bunch of pics of the C-Vaults and Caliber IVs the other day that I am using to monitor and cure while storing. Just love them. I still have a few pics of the harvest day that I want to clear out first though. I will be caught up soon. :)

I had one plant in the garden that was never topped. The other four girls were topped twice to create four mains. I top at about 6 inches and then again around 12 inches in height and then leave them until they get close to 24 inches. Then raise their skirts on the way into the bloom room.

Slim had a sweet looking main top but the bottom line was that she ended up at 2/3 to 3/4 the weight of the topped plants with 4 colas. Only 82 grams dry compared to 120-130 grams for double topped ladies.

Slim-001.jpg

Slim-002.jpg

Her secondaries were much smaller but there were several and they did have some nice frost

Slim-003.jpg

Slim-004.jpg

Main top before and after a hair cut:

Slim-005.jpg

Slim-006.jpg

^^ Is that what they refer to as a Donkey Dong ? ^^ :rofl:

Nice! I'm on my first grow in an attic. I like your style and you've got some amazing friends on board.

Thanks a lot, Buysser. I was just checking out your attic. Looks like you are getting it squared away very nicely. Love that 1600 light. Don't believe that one was available when I got my 1200. I was working pretty hard to keep my overall amperage draw down though so it is likely just as well. The 1200 seems to be working fine and it is only around 540 watts at the wall.

Late but subbed!! Very very nice setup! Great work! +reps!

amazing grow :goodjob:
I took a bunch of pics of the C-Vaults and Caliber IVs the other day that I am using to monitor and cure while storing. Just love them. I still have a few pics of the harvest day that I want to clear out first though. I will be caught up soon. :)

I had one plant in the garden that was never topped. The other four girls were topped twice to create four mains. I top at about 6 inches and then again around 12 inches in height and then leave them until they get close to 24 inches. Then raise their skirts on the way into the bloom room.

Slim had a sweet looking main top but the bottom line was that she ended up at 2/3 to 3/4 the weight of the topped plants with 4 colas. Only 82 grams dry compared to 120-130 grams for double topped ladies.

Slim-001.jpg

Slim-002.jpg

Her secondaries were much smaller but there were several and they did have some nice frost

Slim-003.jpg

Slim-004.jpg

Main top before and after a hair cut:

Slim-005.jpg

Slim-006.jpg

^^ Is that what they refer to as a Donkey Dong ? ^^ :rofl:

Late but subbed!! Very very nice setup! Great work! +reps!

Thanks a lot, Seraphim. Setup still needs some tweaking for sure, but it is getting better all the time. Really looking forward to my second grow. :)

I have one of those c vaults i use for grinded up herb for my vape.........i can grind more at a time as the c vault keeps it perfect.....

Loving the last grow pics Ravyn......looks like you need no help....just teach.......great looking bud....bud:):Namaste:

Thanks so much. It is fun to share the pics. It was pretty exciting. Darn things just wouldn't quit. It seemed like I was trying to kill them sometimes but they just picked up and kept rolling for me while I learned. :rollit:

amazing grow :goodjob:
thanks, Sara. At one point, I accidentally put my light timer at ON instead of Automatic. :) The Mars 1200 ran about 10 days straight before I caught it. This happened at 5 weeks into flower. This set them back by 2 weeks but might also have helped to get them so big. :allgood:

Yeah, sometimes I think I got lucky with that first run. We'll see I guess. I am sure it will be up and down. I have a bunch of pics of those c-vaults and calibers. I'll put them up tomorrow for shitz and giggles. :Namaste:

C-Vaults-0011.jpg

So. Time for a curing update I would say. After five full days on the hanging lines, the outsides of the big tops were getting crunchy and the smaller buds in the racks were getting to the point where smaller exposed stems would crack. I was keeping the room around 75 degrees and had the dehumidifier running to keep RH at 50%. If I would not have had the Botyritis scare, I would use 65 degrees and 60% RH in attempt to stretch out the drying process to 7 days plus.

Hang-Dry-0011.jpg

Like any new grower would, I did a fair bit of research on drying, curing, and storage to try to make sure after so much hard work, my finished product would turn out as sweet and dank as possible. The most common thread seemed to be "dry until the stems snap, put them in glass jars, and then burp them every few hours until the moisture was no longer apparent on the glass and the buds were evenly dry but not too dry." The critical numbers I learned were +70% rh = mold danger and below 55% = curing stops. Long term storage is supposed to be pretty much perfect around the middle of that range at 62%.

C-Vaults-0031.jpg

Some folks who had tried the "ultimate storage solution" of C-Vaults were raving about how once you were close to the proper range at 60%, you could just toss the buds inside, seal them up, and walk away. The humidipak stored inside the container lid would even out the humidity at exactly 62% and no burping is required. (although peeking is still allowed. :p )

C-Vaults-0051.jpg

I decided to give the C-Vaults a try and ordered one of the connoisseur sets plus one extra, 8 liter unit besides.

C-Vaults-0041.jpg

At the same time, I ordered 4 of the Caliber IV hygrometers which are small enough you can toss them into a jar or small container and use them to dial in the exact the RH you are shooting for.

C-Vaults-0061.jpg

C-Vaults-0071.jpg

Biggest problem with the C-Vaults is their expense relative to their size and what they will hold.

Early-Nug-Week2-Cure-0011.jpg

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0041.jpg

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0051.jpg

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0061.jpg

The smallest units are a good size for personal smoke stash. They will keep your buds at pretty much perfect rh to smoke or vape but some might like them a bit dryer. Apparently it is possible to find 57% RH Boveda packs that are designed to maintain reeds for wood instruments like a clarinet or oboe. These might be perfect if you like your buds just a touch dryer for rolling or vaping.

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0031.jpg

I could tell right away that the sizes I ordered were not up to the task of storing my first harvest. I wanted to leave the big buds on their stems for at least a week while they started curing to allow for moisture redistribution from the stems to the outer portions of the buds. I packed all of the grade C buds into the medium c-vaults plus a spare glass jar I pressed into service.

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0071.jpg

I managed to fit all of the Grade B tops, still on stems, into the 8 liter C-Vault. This one is supposed to hold 400 grams but it would need to be pretty dense stuff and you would have to not be worrying about crushing or bending tops. I decided that if I wanted to avoid cutting buds off stems and overpacking, I would need a bigger unit. All I had was a rubbermaid so.....

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0011.jpg

Harvest-Cure-Day1-0021.jpg

In the previous images, most of the RH readings are in the 70's but that is the room environment. The image with the glass jar shows the RH of the buds inside a container - 57% for the smallest stuff.

After a few days, the buds in the C-vaults are settling in at 61-63% every time I check them. They are evenly moist and developing a nice, piney, spicy aroma. They have required no special attention.

The larger, Grade A tops in the rubber maid have required several rounds of burping. I leave the lid off for a few hours at a time whenever I see the RH rise to 65% or above. (highest was 68%)

Yesterday, I moved all of the small grade C stuff into a half gallon mason jar. Then I took the lids from the two medium C-Vaults and tossed them (well, gently placed really) into the rubber maid. Within an hour the big stuff had stabilized at 62%. Everything is getting sticky and stinky and hopefully they have settled into a happy place.

Today, my plan is to break the Grade-A down off the stems and see if I can fit them all into the 8 liter plus the "Xlarge" and "Large" C-vaults. The grade B that is currently filling the 8 liter will go into a couple of half gallon jars. Oh. and I am transferring a Boveda Pak into each glass jar as well.

Guess that's it for now. Carry on. :allgood:

It's fun to read & look through too :) The only thing that worries me is that plastic tub, I'm sure I read it somewhere that plastic & trichomes don't get on too well. I could be wrong so if anyone knows I'm talking bollo*ks, feel free to chime in. If it was mine though, I'd line it with paper, just to be on the safe side :)

It's fun to read & look through too :) The only thing that worries me is that plastic tub, I'm sure I read it somewhere that plastic & trichomes don't get on too well. I could be wrong so if anyone knows I'm talking bollo*ks, feel free to chime in. If it was mine though, I'd line it with paper, just to be on the safe side :)

I was worried about the same thing, Skunny. I have heard that long term storage in plastic could lead to affecting the taste. Today should be the last day for it. Gonna have everything in glass or steel in a few hours.

Well. Except for this stuff....

Fresh-Frozen-Trim-0011.jpg

Fresh-Frozen-Trim-0021.jpg

That is got a date with some bubble bags as soon as my washing machine gets delivered. :grinjoint:

Mmmmmm, yummy bubble :)

yep. looking forward to giving it a try. never made it before. have no idea how much is in that bin really. hoping enough for two batches in 5 gallon bags. (?) Does that seem like a good guess? I checked out the "bubble hash machines" but quickly realized that they are just small washing machines with pretty stickers added and the price tag tripled for the trouble. I just ordered a straight up washing machine with the little spinner on one side. 200 bucks instead of 500-600 for the same thing with a proprietary sticker. :rollingeyes:

I've never done it myself mate, I've always had a 2 plant grow so it wasn't worth investing in any bags. I think you're about right with your guesstimate though. Them bags are another rip off, I bet they cost pennies to make em. You've done the right thing by not buying a special cannabis washing machine though, good move :thumb:
I'm thinking of trying the butane method with my trim if I can make a decent vacuum jar, it's not the safest method of extraction but it's certainly the cheapest & easiest method for me until I have enough to warrant buying the bags.

Fun update to read. Good stuff!!

Back
Top Bottom