Ravyn's Garden - Coco Hempy - Early Vixen & White Widow — Mars II 1200 LED

I found what appeared to be the best set of knock-offs on Amazon. Lots of good reviews and much, much cheaper than the originals. Think I got an 8 bag set of 5 gallon bags for about 40 bucks.

61fCMt1vJyL_SL1280_.jpg

lol. on sale today for 31 dollars.

This is the washing machine I ordered.

41qeOjsc1XL.jpg

Hope these links are okay. Can I post those if they are not 420 sponsors?

The washer side does the actual agitation with ice. Then you line the spinner on the right with your nested bags and drain the water in and hit the spin cycle. Water blasts thru the bags and all the goodies get caught up for easy scraping off after.

I understand that you can run the material thru twice and then dry out the green matter and use it for further extraction. I'm thinking butter. :)

I think you're cool posting anything like that. I've posted non-sponsored stuff without having my wrist slapped. I'll have a look later & see if they do them in the UK too :) If you're planning on making butter you can use all your leaf material, even male plants :) I'm no expert, it's just what I've picked up :)

I think you're cool posting anything like that. I've posted non-sponsored stuff without having my wrist slapped. I'll have a look later & see if they do them in the UK too :) If you're planning on making butter you can use all your leaf material, even male plants :) I'm no expert, it's just what I've picked up :)

Excellent. The brown paper bag is full of fan leaves i was saving for butter. The main bin is all popcorn buds and sugar leaf for the bubble. :Rasta:

If you want to see some nice butane extraction, check out Slingblades thread, Slingblade gets Waxy. He has got the gear. :)

Best smoke I ever had in my life was real honey oil. Must have been 30 years ago and I can still remember the taste. If I could figure out how to get that color and quality I would be all over it. What I don't want though is nasty, green-black "grass oil". Used to hate that stuff as much as i loved the real honey oil.

I've just looked on amazon uk & them bags cost a fortune, the same ones are £124 ($200) there are some cheaper ones but non as cheap as you guys over the pond can get. We get seriously ripped off with everything over here :(

I'll check him out, I thought it was frowned upon on here due to the bad press with idiots blowing themselves up. I've never tried the honey but many many years ago we used to be able to get hash oil, it was like sticky black treacle, it was pretty good shit from what I remember. Buckshot makes his own BHO & that looks like honey, I'd love a dab of that stuff :)

I've just looked on amazon uk & them bags cost a fortune, the same ones are £124 ($200) there are some cheaper ones but non as cheap as you guys over the pond can get. We get seriously ripped off with everything over here :(

That is nuts. That sounds like it is even higher than the original ones! Over 600% higher is a bit of an over the top margin! wtf. Are they rowing it across to you guys?

I'll check him out, I thought it was frowned upon on here due to the bad press with idiots blowing themselves up. I've never tried the honey but many many years ago we used to be able to get hash oil, it was like sticky black treacle, it was pretty good shit from what I remember. Buckshot makes his own BHO & that looks like honey, I'd love a dab of that stuff :)

I'll check out Buckshot's stuff, too. Very interested in transforming all my small buds into something special. Got way more than I can ever smoke. I know, I know.... first world problems, right? lmao.

We used to get Cherry Oil - rusty, red color and awesome. Honey - almost clear, pale yellow and psychedelic level of smoke. Then, there was the grass oil that peeps would take when there was nothing else to smoke. Looked black in the vials but green when you spread it on a paper. Folks would add a bit of tobacco to a smear on a rolling paper. Really. Not good at all. Right up there with smoking the tar out of your pipe. (also something I have been known to do in a pinch. lol.)

Mate, you wouldn't believe the cost of stuff in the UK. It's not just canna related stuff, it's everything. I drive a diesel car & the price is the lowest it's been in ages £1.28 per litre ($2.06) It's usually an extra 20p a litre :thedoubletake:

It sounds like you guy had way more to choose from than us. It was better back then than it is now though, there's no decent hash, oil or anything. The only solid I can get is what we call rocky or soap bar. It's really low grade hash. Occasionally some pollen comes in but other than that it's early harvested low grade bud.

You'll be buzzing when you've all your different grades of hash & a pot of butter, I can't wait until I've got some trim to make my own wax, that shit is 80% THC so one little dab & I'll be away :)

Yeah man, Even that Panda washer is more high-brow than I'm looking at. The ones I'm spying are more "generic" and run less than a C-note. I just want something to shake it around a little bit so I don't have to, and a machine like this (regardless of who makes it) allows for an ultra-easy second run too (just remember to buy extra ice).

I originally bought the 4-bag 1 gal set of Original Bubblebags. I've added a couple mesh sizes I thought the set could benefit from and cut the bottom out of the 1 gal bucket. Strain from the washer through the 1 gal bags into a 5 gal waste bucket that will go into the garden. In my mind's eye, the only thing really necessary that could be added is a hand sprayer filled with ice cold water to rinse the sides of the bags down as you separate the bags to remove the hash. I suppose you could still use the 5 gal bucket to get a slurry going to concentrate the resin too...

sorry I'm high, and rambling. :cool:

Hey Gov. I don't think my bags are going work in the spinner of that washer so I'll be draining into buckets. I think would need smaller bags, with mesh sides instead of just on the bottoms, to get the centrifugal extraction thing going. I am making my own ice instead of buying bags. I have an extra freezer so I am just slowly filling up a rubber maid with nice hard cubes. :)

I just noticed that this page only has pics of bags and a washing machine! that ain't gonna cut it! let me see what i got here.....

Scissor-Hash-001.jpg

that is a start. lol

Frosty-Chop-020.jpg

Frosty-Chop-021.jpg

Frosty-Chop-022.jpg

Frosty-Chop-023.jpg

Frosty-Chop-024.jpg

There. That is better. Those are a few tops on Frosty on chop day. :grinjoint:

Looks great Ravyn. They're getting close. As far as the bags and washer are concerned, I will put everything into this single mesh barrel-shaped bag that's designed to fit right into the washers, then just drain the liquid through the bags to filter and isolate the resin.

bubblenow_bag_500_pixel.jpg

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com/large-piranha-aluminum-pollen-t-press/

Looks great Ravyn. They're getting close. As far as the bags and washer are concerned, I will put everything into this single mesh barrel-shaped bag that's designed to fit right into the washers, then just drain the liquid through the bags to filter and isolate the resin.

bubblenow_bag_500_pixel.jpg

Thanks a lot, Gov. I need to order one of those mesh bags. I have seen a couple different styles and sizes but not sure how much they hold or which is the sturdiest.

I have a portable washing machine similar to the Bubble Magic 5 Gallon Mini Washing Machine that I put the trimmings in a mesh bag and place inside the washing machine, I then fill the washing machine with cold water and ice cubes and set it for 2 cycles. I then place my 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble bags inside of a 5 gallon pail then drain the washing machine through its discharge hose into the bucket. I then remove each bag one at a time as I drain the liquid from the bag. The trichomes are gathered in the bottom of the bags and are removed in different grades and pressed in a pressing screen to remove excess water. I then take my Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press and press the hashish into convenient sized disks.

5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

https://www.customhydroponic.com 5 Gallon All Mesh five Bubble Bag Kit

Large Piranha Aluminum Pollen T-Press

https://www.theothersidevapes.com/large-piranha-aluminum-pollen-t-press/

Thanks for the links, and the description of the method as well, KingJohn. Much appreciated. Do you run the same material thru a second time?

Mini update time on the little ones.

Seedlings-001.jpg

The 4 on the left are White Widows. The two on the right are Early Vixens. (same as last run)

WW-4-001.jpg

Two closeups of a couple white widows - the largest and the smallest which was late to the party.

WW-2-001.jpg

And here is a shot of the nice Early Vixen

EV-1-001.jpg

The larger few are getting some pretty nice roots and are drying out the solo cups in about a day. The smaller pair are about a week behind and they are getting water every second day. Light mix of nutes - 6/9 with a few goodies - about 300 ppm.

I might scrap the two smallest plants and just go with four on this run. I would like to transplant soon into the buckets but am waiting for a shipment of beneficials so I can dust the roots when I pot them up.

I finally got around to getting my big tops out of the rubbermaid and into my C-Vaults. Took a bit of re-organizing and several half-gallon mason jars to pull it off.

Bin-A-1-2-002.jpg

I started by emptying the C-vaults with the B and C grades into the big mason jars.

Jars-CB-001.jpg

The best of the B grade were rewarded with their own C-Vault as well.

Vault-B1-001.jpg

Vault-B1-002.jpg

Then I started tackling the big transfer of the main, A grade tops into the 2 gallon C-Vault

Vault-A1-001.jpg

As I trimmed away the lower buds from the main branches, I added them to a couple of the big jars to create a new A-2 grade

Jars-CB-002.jpg

The 2 gallon C-Vault is about the size of a big dutch oven style stew pot.

Vault-A1-001.jpg

Vault-A1-002.jpg

Vault-A1-003.jpg

Vault-A1-004.jpg

Vault-A1-005.jpg

Vault-A1-006.jpg

Vault-A1-007.jpg

Vault-A1-008.jpg

I managed to fit about 12-15 of the main tops in the 8 litre C-Vault. I plan on letting them stew for 6 months before I smoke them.

In the meantime, I will work my through the best of A-2 stuff and the big B grade stuff.

Jars-CB-003.jpg

Rainy-Day-001.jpg

Should last for a bit. :Rasta:

Wow , things are heating up here Ravyn. I'm watching you closely. Congrats on your recent multiple harvest.

Great update!

Back
Top Bottom