Ravyn's Garden - Coco Hempy - Early Vixen & White Widow — Mars II 1200 LED

Busy couple of days lately. Been getting my ducks in a row to try out a bubble bag run, and also decided it was time to move the girls up to their forever homes. :)

transplant-001.jpg

The first shot shows 4 white widows on the left and 2 early vixens on the right. There are two "runts" that are about 1 week behind the larger ladies. One of the white widows had a hard start, and one of the early vixens was a very slow bean to pop. 9 days. :thedoubletake:

transplant-002.jpg

White Widow #1

transplant-003.jpg

Early Vixen #1

transplant-004.jpg

White Widow #1 again from the top and her roots in the shot below.

transplant-005.jpg

transplant-006.jpg

I started by moving the buckets of coco out and giving each solo cup about 1/3 litre of nutes at 600ppm. Then left them to soak for ten minutes before transplanting.

transplant-007.jpg

Trace minerals, SubCulture Mycos, and a Root Pack of 10 different types of beneficial microbes.

transplant-008.jpg

Standard mycos inoculant. Can be watered in, mixed in, or dusted on roots.

transplant-009.jpg

Check out the numbers in scientific notation - 5x10 to the power of 9. That is 5,000,000,000 or 5 billion spores/gram. This stuff is insanely concentrated and supplies more variety and more brute numbers than any other product of this nature.

transplant-010.jpg

I mix the Azomite in first at about a tablespoon or so per gallon of coco. The buckets are 10 liters but with the hydroton layers, there is less than 2 gallons of space for coco.

transplant-011.jpg

I dusted about a teaspoon of the mycos into a depression in the smaller bucket. Then add the new plant and let the roots get coated by the inoculant. (hopefully)

transplant-012.jpg

Fill to about an inch from the top to leave space for a layer of hydroton

transplant-013.jpg

transplant-014.jpg

Skipped forward a bit after my hands got dirty. :)

transplant-015.jpg

White Widow #3 in her new home. I foliar spray with some nutes to which I have added some SuperThrive at about 1 mil per gallon.

transplant-016.jpg

White Widow #1

transplant-017.jpg

Early Vixen #1

transplant-018.jpg

Every one settling in about 2 hours after transplant. :)

I got mine from the magical butteer site......use the code.....fblike......and it will save you $30.......knocked it down to 149 :):)

Thanks for the code. I might contact the locals and see when it will be in stock. They have it for 175 CAD and free shipping. With the exchange rate, shipping and duties, it still might be cheaper than 149 USD

Great update Ravyn :)

Thanks, Skunny. I forgot to mention where I added the super bennies. They got mixed in at 1 tsp per liter of water (I added them to my nute mix - 600 ppm). Each girl got one liter of the good stuff with 18. 7 kajillion spores/critters to establish a thriving bioherd. :party:

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Gonna put my new Panda washing machine thru its cycles today. :)

Panda-001.jpg

Nice looking unit. Might need to get some leaf stickers for it. lol

Panda-002.jpg

Large capacity tub holds 11 gallons.

Panda-003.jpg

Unlike the smaller units, this machine also has a spinner compartment that runs at 2000 rpm. It is possible to line the spinner with 1 gallon, all mesh bubble bags and then drain the wash compartment directly into the spinner. Run for a minute to drive all the water thru the layers of bags, and then remove bags and collect resin.

Panda-004.jpg

Panda-005.jpg

My 5 gallon, all mesh 220 micron bag is a perfect fit for the washer compartment.

Panda-006.jpg

Panda-007.jpg

Instead of using 1 gallon bags in the spinner, I plan on draining directly into an 8 bag set in a 5 gallon bucket.

Panda-008.jpg

Hopefully the pull will go well. Wish me luck and I will let you know how it worked out tomorrow. :ganjamon:

Im glad I found this!
I started my mars II 1200 grow today, and am happy to see we're using alot of the same stuff.
The azomite was a whim purchase for me, but seeing someone else use it makes me feel a bit more justified =p
Absolutely love your set up though keep up the excellent work! and enjoy that washer!

Im glad I found this!
I started my mars II 1200 grow today, and am happy to see we're using alot of the same stuff.
The azomite was a whim purchase for me, but seeing someone else use it makes me feel a bit more justified =p
Absolutely love your set up though keep up the excellent work! and enjoy that washer!

Hey Jinn. Thanks very much. Best of luck with your Mars light. I was very happy with it. I didn't use the minerals or beneficials on my first run but I am hoping that they will work to make this next run even better than the first. :peace::hookah:

Feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Gonna put my new Panda washing machine thru its cycles today. :)

Panda-001.jpg

Nice looking unit. Might need to get some leaf stickers for it. lol

Panda-002.jpg

Large capacity tub holds 11 gallons.

Panda-003.jpg

Unlike the smaller units, this machine also has a spinner compartment that runs at 2000 rpm. It is possible to line the spinner with 1 gallon, all mesh bubble bags and then drain the wash compartment directly into the spinner. Run for a minute to drive all the water thru the layers of bags, and then remove bags and collect resin.

Panda-004.jpg

Panda-005.jpg

My 5 gallon, all mesh 220 micron bag is a perfect fit for the washer compartment.

Panda-006.jpg

Panda-007.jpg

Instead of using 1 gallon bags in the spinner, I plan on draining directly into an 8 bag set in a 5 gallon bucket.

Panda-008.jpg

Hopefully the pull will go well. Wish me luck and I will let you know how it worked out tomorrow. :ganjamon:

You will love it! I cant wait to start up my bags and washer in a few months at harvest during xmas. It will be a great xmas indeed!

Well, as promised, I am uploading a few pics from Sunday's bubble run. Honestly I was a bit disappointed with the color of the hash. I have yet to try smoking any but it should be dry enough today. I froze the patties first and then microplaned them yesterday morning to prep them for drying.

bubble-wash-001.jpg

Within a minute of starting the wash, the water had turned green. Not the best sign really but it was mostly trim and leaves that had been fresh frozen. More buds would have likely given me a better color.

bubble-wash-002.jpg

The plan was to do a 6 minute wash, add more ice and do a second 12 minute wash which would run while I pulled the first from the bags.

bubble-wash-003.jpg

The first run was a pale green and the second was much darker. Later, I saw a recommendation for doing only a 3 minute wash in the larger machines like my Panda. The longer you go, the more plant material breaks down and gets mixed with the trichomes.

bubble-wash-004.jpg

All of the yield did get quite a bit lighter after freezing and drying. It smells nice and is quite sticky so I am hoping it will smoke decently. If it is nasty at all, I'm gonna mix it with an ounce of buds and run the whole shot through a QWISO extraction to refine it and hopefully get a few grams of honey oil.

:hookah:

You certainly did better than my first try... I did it manually and ran it through the bags and ended up with about enough for 1 good buzz... It was really good just not much of it.... Looks good to me........:circle-of-love:

Thanks, Dennise. I got too much back actually. I would have been happier with half the yield and a much lighter color. Pretty sure the wash went too long. I ran 2 batches of about 200g wet weight so 400g total probably equivalent to 80g dry. At 10% return I should have about 8 grams of hash. I have been waiting for it to finish drying but think I have more than that. Smoke report and final dry weight should be available today. :ganjamon:

all righty then. I ended up sorting by 25-45 micron, 73-120 micron, and I also saved the lightest of the 160 pulls.

I got 4.5g of the smallest and 4.8g of the medium size for a total of 9.3 grams. There was also 2.0 g of the 160.

I dumped the 190 and 220 pulls in mason jar, covered it with 99% iso, shook it around for 30 seconds, dumped it thru a coffee filter and into a glass dish. Then evaporated it with a fan blowing over for a few hours. I haven't finished scraping it up yet but it looks like maybe 1/4 a gram of oil.

I tried smoking a tiny amount of the 25-45 micron stuff and got surprisingly high for a single hit. As for the taste, it was tainted from the old hash pipe I was using and the flavour was hashy but ashy. :) The thing is, I have been using a vaporizer almost exclusively for the past 6 months and any time I try to smoke now, either with a joint or a pipe, I get this taste that I can only compare to the smell of an ashtray! Even my new buds, which taste ridiculous through my solo vape, give me the ash flavour if I try to combust them. :whoa:

Methinks I am going to go bong shopping soon. Get some nice clean glass and try again. :roorrip:

It looks like a good stash of hash to me :)

Not bad really. Tastes better than it looks too. I tried the 73-90 micron stuff in my arizer solo after lunch. I sandwiched a bit in between layers of bud and it was miles better than thru the hash pipe. Tasted nice and spicy, hashy like the old Lebanese blond we used to get in the old days. It also made for a thicker, heavier cloud of vape. I am calling this at least a partial success. :blunt:

:high-five:

I can't wait to try some nice cured bud in my solo, I bet it tastes awesome. I'm speed drying popcorn currently =/

At least you have the popcorn. could be worse. ;)

I found an ancient, mystery bud in my drawer this morning. Have no idea what it is but it smells great. Pretty dry but I bet it will go up pretty nice in the ol vape. (as soon as it finishes charging!) That is my only beef with the solo - forgetting to keep it charged, then going to use it and having it die on the first hit. :whoa:

Back
Top Bottom