RAW Rolling Papers

Bruce Wheelman

Legal Advisor
420 Staff
I picked up a couple packs of RAW paper to try out after reading an article about different papers.

These are VERY thin - to the point of being translucent. They are the natural tan/brown color of unbleached hemp. The texture feels much like a Job Silver paper - almost slick. Burned smooth and did not have any noticeable taste or flavor. Overall, I'm pleased and will try another few joints before passing judgment, but for now, they appear to be a decent alternative to my favorite: Job French Light. :peace:

Rice papers have alwawys been the cleanest to me the raw hemp is about the same a litte more paper left when burnt.

Fav. Optimo grape blunts

Having used a pack of the RAW papers, I'm going to retract my statement that these could replace French Lights. I found them almost too thin, to where they pulled in against the herb so tightly when drawing that it removed the passage for air to flow. I also had several problems with the papers running.

Out of curiosity, I did a "burn" comparison using one unrolled leaf of cellulose, RAW, French Light, and Zig Zag Ultra. The Ultra and RAW left the least ash (mainly the glue strip), followed by a bit more with the French Lights, and then the cellulose. Honestly, you should try that sometime - I ended up giving away my cellulose papers after seeing how much was left and the fact it was THICK/BLACK/CRISPY instead of the thin/light white-light gray the others left.

Just my opinion....YMMV

:peace:

Interesting. Thanks for the experiment, and while combustion conditions in action would be different, it still gives us a useful comparison. There's a reason that some people roll with unglued papers, and your ash results show this.

Thanks for posting your results.

Back
Top Bottom