RC's Low-Budget Home Depot and Bagseed grow

rc51sport

If I can grow a bagseed to a decent harvest on a low budget using only supplies from Home Depot, anyone can!

starting out with a 100w (fluorex) CFL (outdoor area light) paid 60$ w/ bulb. 10,500 lumens and 6500k color temp

germinating in Jiffy 72 plant greenhouse.

transplanting to Lambert Ready to use potting mix.

nutes will be Vigoro All Purpose plant food 10-10-10 liquid and Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster flower food 15-30-15 water soluble blue powder stuff.

only thing is i might go to a 250w HPS for flowering, or add a couple more CFLs or even a bigger one... we will see

stuck the specimen bean in a peet pellet today, will start posting pics one it sprouts

everyone wish me luck :yummy:

ok first of all looking at my soil i feel it may need more drainage, but no prob.

second im having a debate in my head about the lighting situation.
i have already come to the reality that i want my fruits to have a bit of meat on them by harvest so im leaning away from cfl's to flower.

now i can flower in a 2x2x6 closet space
or i could construct a sealed box, ceiling height, with ventilation. i can ac light or box

im hoping for a 2plant/month harvest(or even 3-4)

so im wondering if a 250w hps (say 28500 lumens) be enough to cover 4 flowering girls at a time or should i build a cooled box and go with a 400w.

keeping in mind electric and equipment costs, but also yeild and quality. i want to find a nice balance i am happy with, i still plan on vegging under decent fluoros

hmmm i was looking around and im starting to ponder the thought of turning spare bathroom into flower room (sounds good sofar), using tub for 4 plants, can flush and all right there, and hanging a 400w hps (cost depending) above them. i was just taking measurments and thinking of materials i need and it sounds doable

i will start with a few bagseeds until i get everthing set up right then i will start looking for some better seeds

ok finally some action. 1 lil bugger finally began to break to surface of the jiffy pellet. but root it already down and about 1" out the bottom of the pellet.

i was starting to get worried, nothing was sprouting for me, i never had mj seeds take this long for me. but i got some newer seeds and they look like theyre working. its still just some bagseed for now but i must admit it wasnt bad smoke and i see some potential with a little tlc and maybe more thc!

moved it to greenhouse staying warm under the 100w cfl (which turns out to be around 6700 lumens) thinking of adding another.

sofar the 1 seedling is doing well, grew about 1" in the last 8hrs. ive put it into a 6" pot for now with the mentioned potting soil about cut with about 30% vermiculite sitting in full sun and about 75deg

another broke soil today while at work and under the CFL
also got my tax refund today and trying to decide how to spend it ;)
its not much only about 125$ lol oh well, maybe next time... i just wanna know how the gf got 2600$!

will add pics (of plants) when something more exciting happens and when i find the gfs camera, mines broke, just rattles now ooops!

well here is the seedling that popped on 420
rsz_420.jpg

and this one popped yesterday.
rsz_421.jpg

also today i see a root peeking out the bottom of another peat pellet but it hasnt broken the dirt yet up top. hopfuly tonight or tomorrow

they are looking good and happy sofar

i was also wondering, how many more should i start? (3 right now) im about to head out now searching for 4-6 smaller CFLs now for vegging in a apprx 2x3' closet

will be flowering under 400w HPS, starting with 2 at a time. i can keep the rest of the fems in veg until the next round of flowering

would it hurt yield to start 2 girls flowering under the 400w HPS, then in about 30 days add another 2 off to the side. when the first 2 finish, ill pull the second 2 directly under for fuller light and add another 2 off to the side?
pretty much to have 2 plants harvested every month

also i will be flowering in about a 4x2' area.

oh and 1 more thing! about the smell of the budding girlies...
would it be possible to just have a fan to carbon scrubber back to flower room for controlling odor? or would that just not be effecient enough to actually work?

i can bring fresh air in and im not worried about the temps as i am an A/C guy by trade and will be able to whip anything up almost instantly. im just not really wanting to cut a round hole (or any other shape) in the wall or ceiling. but if i absolutly must........

thanks-

well here is the seedling that popped on 420

also today i see a root peeking out the bottom of another peat pellet but it hasnt broken the dirt yet up top. hopfuly tonight or tomorrow

they are looking good and happy sofar

i was also wondering, how many more should i start? (3 right now) im about to head out now searching for 4-6 smaller CFLs now for vegging in a apprx 2x3' closet

will be flowering under 400w HPS, starting with 2 at a time. i can keep the rest of the fems in veg until the next round of flowering

would it hurt yield to start 2 girls flowering under the 400w HPS, then in about 30 days add another 2 off to the side. when the first 2 finish, ill pull the second 2 directly under for fuller light and add another 2 off to the side?
pretty much to have 2 plants harvested every month

also i will be flowering in about a 4x2' area.

oh and 1 more thing! about the smell of the budding girlies...
would it be possible to just have a fan to carbon scrubber back to flower room for controlling odor? or would that just not be effecient enough to actually work?

i can bring fresh air in and im not worried about the temps as i am an A/C guy by trade and will be able to whip anything up almost instantly. im just not really wanting to cut a round hole (or any other shape) in the wall or ceiling. but if i absolutly must........

thanks-

Are the seed's feminized?

Yes you'll need a scrubber and you plan is good.:grinjoint:

Pan4

no just bagseed so its a mix male/fem thats why im debating in my head how many to put into dirt. i guess i can manage scrapping a couple fems if i have to?

i went to wallyworld and picked up a 6 pack of 26w (i think) CFLs for under 8$, 1750 lumens ea... 3 lightbulb Y connectors and 3 clamplight reflectors
the CFLs didnt say what color they were but now that i got them on they look more orange/red oh well, save for secondary lighting for flowering i guess.

question!... will the flowering bulbs help much with veg growth also?

and i dont need to exhaust my scrubber into a diff room? it will work just circulating the air in the room?

just for the hell of it and out of curiosity...
what do you think would happen if i stuck a round clamplight reflector around the base of a plant while small (thru the hole in the middle) and let it grow like that, would it promote much growth or more branching maybe?

no just bagseed so its a mix male/fem thats why im debating in my head how many to put into dirt. i guess i can manage scrapping a couple fems if i have to?

i went to wallyworld and picked up a 6 pack of 26w (i think) CFLs for under 8$, 1750 lumens ea... 3 lightbulb Y connectors and 3 clamplight reflectors
the CFLs didnt say what color they were but now that i got them on they look more orange/red oh well, save for secondary lighting for flowering i guess.

question!... will the flowering bulbs help much with veg growth also?

and i dont need to exhaust my scrubber into a diff room? it will work just circulating the air in the room?

Put as many as you can into dirt... slow growth, males, nute burn... they will die off or you will want to kill them.

I've read that having both wavelengths helps the absorption of each, but in my experience is does not seem to be significant.

:peace:

?[/QUOTE]

ok for cooling i was looking to see what would be most simple and works well... thinking rerout 4" A/C bathroom duct over plants and dump ontop of them.

then maybe airflow from light --> fan --> carbon scrub --> vacant bedroom ? or should i switch the fan and scrubber?

and what size fan and scrubber should i use? guestimation 11x6' (bathroom) maybe?

AND where do i find the cheap plastic pots anymore? didnt see them at lowes, HD, or walmart!

-thanks

btw: third seed broke soil ;) D.O.B. 4/22/09

Back
Top Bottom