RDWC droop day 11

vyserage

Any ideas? Plants are healthy, no problems other than some very slight leaf curling on some of the leafs, not all.

4x4 tent.

Bottom inline fan brings in plenty of air to the point of a positive pressure (tent bulges outwards and warm air up top gets pushed out.

Rh is usually 35 to 55.

Tent temp is almost always at 82 to 84f, high 70s when lights off.

Reservoir temp is always at 80 to 82, maybe slightly lower at night I'm sure. I use hydroguard and so far no root rot at all.

Light is Mars 2 1600 hung at 28', should be roughly 26 now that plants are a bit bigger.

I know people will say those water temps are too high but I'm not gonna buy a chiller for now, and I can't be bothered to place frozen bottles in reservoir all the time.

Think the droopy plants is caused by the high water temp?

Are they contanstly drooping?
They look nice and green and white roots.

Yep they pretty much always droop like that. I think they slightly improve/revert cause i could swear i checked em one time when my humidity got in the 60's and they looked to improve a bit. Could of just been my hopes tho lol.

There are 3 things i think i can try:
1. Stop inline fan so humidity in tent can get as high as i want it, then leave it like this for 24-48 hrs and see if they improve.
2. Hook up 2nd aerator/stones so they all get some extra bubbles poppin. maybe the high water temp is cutting off some oxygen so with the 2nd aerator/stones it should improve?
3. keep my water chilled via frozen bottles on my 2 days off and see if it fixes the issue, then i know its the 80-82f nute water temps that are causing this issue.

not sure if i ever mentioned, but i use General Hydroponics nutes.

Here is a video to show. 2nd vid is the roots.

Thanks! And thanks for the advice, I'll start adding in plain water as the level goes down until I'm in 450s. Since this is my first time with the new light, I gotta get used to its intensity haha

The water level looks kind of high to me at this point. There should be at least 2" of air below the baskets.

The top of the roots need to be in air.

It does look like you have enough bubbles.

Piston pumps add heat into the system. That is why I use dual diaphragm pumps. The water can only hold so much DO and after that point your doing more harm then good if you heat the water up more then needed.

There is no need for an even spread of bubbles. In not to long from now the roots will surround the stone and you will not see much action inside the buckets after that.

Keep up the good work...

its roughly 2 inches for all plants. For the farther buckets, they have less water vs the 2 in front next to reservoir so i have to find that middle ground where its a bit over 1' for 2 buckets, 1 and a half for the next 2 and 2' for the last 2. Something like that. I cant exactly get in there to measure so i play it by eye.

Just a bit ago i took out 2 gallons of water and added 2 plain water in. Bringing that ppm down to 450's. I also topped the plants.

Cool! That is something that you have to be real careful of.

Once you let the water level drop down to 2" below the basket it can never go higher then that again or they drowned.

I lost a few to that early on.
oh shit i didnt know that was a thing! Thanks for the warning! I'll have to be careful with that.
Luckily there is a opening int he reservoir bucket with a plast twist on thing that allows my cords to come in/out of that bucket. The water is just below the opening so i lucked out with that being my fill line :D

80 to 82 in the res?!?!?! this isnt gonna go well. :eek:
Ya i know, im playing it risky haha. So far no root rot tho, atleast its nute stain i hope. No odors aside from your generic wet smell. I am having issues with magnesium def. and cant figure out if its because i need to leave my water in the 6.0 to 6.3 range longer or if something else is the issue. For now i have taken it from 5.7 to 6.3, these last 3 days i have had pH issues, even recalibrated my ph meter just to be safe.

thats impossible, u cant leave it at 5.6-5.9 at all times always and not have any sort of cal/mag deficiency. You dont get calmag until 6.1'ish and up so how are you not having any deficiency's? These last 2 days i have been fighting low pH issues, like i woke up 1 morning and it was at 4.80's so i took it up to 5.7's, then next day up to 6.3's and this morning it was 5.9's. Just added 3 Tbs of ph up to bring it up into the 6.2 - 6.3's to get that cal/mag intake.

those above are older pics from 6 days ago, here are today's:

P.h. is totaly environmental. Hot environment needs higher p.h. lower temps lower p.h.
Normal for it to swing from night to morning.
One tip I use for p.h. swings. Is if its going up like crazy you need to feed more if it is dropping then feed less. Right now my temps are 82°f at peek heat and my p.h. is 6.2-6.5.
Im in flower and ppm at 550.

P.h. is totaly environmental. Hot environment needs higher p.h. lower temps lower p.h.
Normal for it to swing from night to morning.
One tip I use for p.h. swings. Is if its going up like crazy you need to feed more if it is dropping then feed less. Right now my temps are 82°f at peek heat and my p.h. is 6.2-6.5.
Im in flower and ppm at 550.
Interesting. I'M always at 82f minimum on both water and tent temp. 84 sometimes, never much higher. Do you recommend I pH at 6.3 and hold there indefinitely?

im gonna give it a week long try, maybe 2 weeks. See how they do! Thanks for the tip, if it solves my problem im'a be so happy lol. I do have a slow drift going (in 9 hours it went from 6.1 to 6.03), i think ill take it to 6.3 and let drift to 6.0 then ph back to 6.3

that sound about right?

Back
Top Bottom