RDWC vs. Top feed Coco Drain to waste

Bulldogfarmz

Hello 420 Mag followers,
My name is Dean aka; Bulldog. I live in Oregon, one of the most beautiful states in America. Last year in July i was diagnosed with pancreatic Cancer. I was loosing 7-10 pounds every week when a freind of mine gave me some special purple kusch he had been working on for years. He told me that it would help me have an appetite and hopefully help the pain i was having. I took this purple kusch home to give it a try, not like it would hurt me, I only had 30 days to live , so the doctors said. It was remarkable , after three days of using this kusch my body started to level out and not loose weight, i was all of sudden hungry agian! The doctors were amazed my body was hanging in there! So on 9/11/12 i under went a whipple surgery. They removed 17.6 pounds of cancer out of me, and took 1/3 of my liver, 2/3 of my pancreas, and my spleen. Dont get the wrong idea here, I was 210lbs and 6' tall , I never new at all that I had tumors in me, when i found out that there was over 17lbs of cancer in me my head was spinning!
After 35 days in the hospital they finally got sick of me and sent me home! I was doing great my body was holding its own. The minute i got in the car my wife gave me the purple and it was off the races , I am living proof that this WORKS! I was 135lbs when i came home that day, I have went through 12 full sessions of chemo, and now am 190lbs and strong as an ox. I have shrunk the remaining cancer in my body to only two small tumors left and for those two they better look the hell out because this Bulldog is getting ready to kick their A**!

I wanted to give you all a small description of me, because I would like you to know that im NOT doing this for a profit, im doing this for life! Plain and simple, this plant gives life and love to those who choose to believe! Thank you God for this plant of life!

Ok so here we go; on to the challange;
So I have been lurking this site under another name for over a year, reading and taking in as much info as possible. I have been growing in soil and im sick of the mess, sick of the unknown, and just basically need a change of something new and exciting. I have been playin with coco for the last couple cycles. So with this journal I will be doing a challenge between a (4) site RDWC and (6) coco plants in a top feed drain to waste set up. Hopefully the Bassman will chime in some help for me on the RDWC if he sees me doing something wrong! The coco i have pretty much figured out. Here is a list of equipment and room size.

veg room is 20' long x 14' wide and 10' ceilings.
Bloom room is 20' long x 16' wide and 10' ceilings.

veg room lights
(3) 8 bulb t-5's
(2) 550 Pro Grow LED's
(2) 600 MH 6" air cooled hoods

Bloom lights
(6) 1K digi HPS
(4) Pro grow 550's
(6) 8 bulb t-5's on the walls

Nutes;
Veg
House & Garden Root Accelerator
House & Garden Aminos
Advanced Rhino skin
Advanced Sensizym
Advanced Seni A & B veg
Full Power (humic)

Bloom
House & Garden Aminos
Advanced Iguana Juice bloom
Advanced Mother tea
Advanced Rhino skin
Advanced Sensizym
Advanced Big Bud
Advanced Nirvana
Advanced Cal Mg bloom
Advanced Overdrive
Advanced Bud Candy
Tropical Organics Banana Manna
Suguree
Hi Brix Molassis
Full Power (humic)

Strains used;

Liberty haze is a cross of G13 male with a fast flowering Chem Dawg 91. Liberty Haze has both Indica and sativa characteristics with one perfect talent.- a fast flowering time. (8 to 9 weeks). A medium tall plant with substantial girth and big fat calyxes, she performs excellently in both indoor and outdoor environments. Long dense cola’s start to really fatten up in the last three weeks with dense trichome production with beautiful contrasting red and purple hairs. The Liberty Haze buzz is immediate and long lasting with an alert and euphoric cerebral effect.

DNA Genetics Seeds Cannalope Kush Cannalope Haze x The OG#18 70% Sativa : 30% Indica Flowering Time: 9 weeks Yield: 500-600 g/m2 Being hailed as the “momma kush” in northern California this strain has the yields that all growers are looking for, with its early September/October harvest times (outdoor) you won’t have to worry about the rains molding up your crops. The cannalope Kush has the power of the OG Kush with early flowering time and the high yields of the cannalope haze. This is a very strong sativa, that has The OG#18 flavor and a hint of fruit stays on your pallet on the exhale. This unique cross went thru 3 years of test growing where we gave away over 1000 packs at our Amsterdam store before we brought it to market. This was to get grower feedback and determine if Cannalope Kush could be grown commercially as well as for head stash. Well the results are overwhelmingly positive and officially the Cannalope Kush is available everywhere! Expert as well as beginner growers love her giving you great results with minimal effort. Weather your growing for production or for head stash Cannalope Kush can do it all. The Cannalope Kush is officially your production, and head stash strain all wrapped up in one.

Reserva Privada OG Kush is a must have for anyone who only accepts the best, we cannot state this enough, True connoisseur quality. NOW the legends of legends is finally in cannabis seed form. The OG Kush was formally a clone only strain. She stretchesa little in veg but seems to fill herself out in flower. OG Kush has compact tight crystal covered buds. Flowering indoors can take between 8-9 weeks. You can get a good yield from if you supercrop her while she’s growing usually 400-500g/m2. THIS IS A MUST HAVE

And Finally the game changer for me The Royal Purple Kusch. At this time im not allowed to give any history on this for it has been taken from me by some physicians and is being studied at this time. This plant was givin to me from a friend, his dad did all the breeding on this strain over 8 years ago. Its funny we have cloned this plant over 8yrs and its still pulls a 23.7% on the THC content!

RDWC will be (4) 5 gallon square buckets, 2" PVC, 550 gl hr pump, 1/4hs chiller.
Coco grow will be started in one gallon nursery pots for the first month and then will be transplanted to 20gl cloth pots for the last month of veg and bloom.

I will be starting this grow on the same day. The clones have been taken and should be ready to transplant in a few days. We will be giving the same light to each table of plants. I will start the first two weeks with one 8 bulb t-5 over each set. As we see progression we will add a Pro Grow 550 LED, then the last month I will ad another 8 bulb t-5 and (2) 600 watt MH air cooled lights to them. My goal is to get them as large as possible before moving them into the bloom room.

I know with growing in Coco i can get my plants close to 6' tall before I flip them, My big question here is how big of a plant can I get in a 5 gallon square bucket doing the RDWC? Im putting 6" net pots with hydroton in the RDWC and can make any kid of a structure to hold the plant up , so maybe i can get some feedback from you guys, maybe some pics of some monster plants in RDWC or DWC either or I just want to know what my limits will be? My girls usually finish 7'-8' tall, with anything from 12oz to a high of 27 oz dried per plant. So is it possible to do monster RDWC plants.....? is it worth it on paper??

This is my goal to keep a running cost of nutes, medium, pots, everything! I want to do a complete comparison to show everyone if there is really an advantage to RDWC. I can tell you that I go through ALOT of nutes for top feed drain to waste! It will be very interesting to see the difference in plants and cost! Im adding a bunch of pics to show the nutes , clones taken, and some shots of some of the women hangin out in my bloom right now!!

Please understand I dont know everything, and im looking for feedback on everything. I have been givin another chance at life and just want the best for everyone and everything!! Peace out everyone , hope you all follow along for the ride!!
image2375.jpg
image2376.jpg
image2379.jpg
image2380.jpg

God bless you Bulldog on the fight with cancer.

Allow me to offer some thoughts.

RDWC can certainly grow monsters. But do you need monsters? You can grow a 30" tall plant and get 12oz out of it. It just takes training the hell out of them, lots of good light, good nutes, and I use defoliation.

It sounds like you have lots of light. I'm guessing you've done enough growing already to determine that, and having additional side lighting is awesome and a huge benefit.

You might seriously want to get some tomato cages and use that for training. But if the get to wide you may need to have some semi-scrog string type support. Support for lots of lateral bending will be key to opening the canopy, and making tiny branches go forward and create really nice bud. Defoliation clears the way for the light, but I highly suggest you read, read, read, and re-read the thread I made on the topic so you understand it fully. And take notes!

You have excellent nutes! But also extremely costly. Are they 'better" than any other good nute company? I wouldn't say they are worse for sure, but I would say on a cost-benefit analysis BPN will do every bit as well and cost you 1/2 and require fewer ingredients.

I am thrilled to see you're going 2" pipe and have a chiller. Both the chiller and the pump are overkill for 4 bucket grow, as a 1/10hp and 300-400gph pump would work well. But with such a large room, if you expand they will serve you well. Make sure you have spare buckets and lots of spare uniseals when you put this together. Minor leaks are easy to have when putting these system together. All it takes is being off just a smidge when drilling the hole or not cleaning the edges perfect and you've got a tiny leak. I'm dealing with one now on my 2nd tent I'm trying to start up.

The biggest question I have about size is will the lights penetrate 6 feet+? I seriously doubt it, so I would opt for short and fat. Vegging to 15" maybe, but trained a ton along the way laterally with defoliation. Strain dependent, your final height could be 30-45 inches. But with full light penetration it'll be all bud.

I look forward to seeing this all come along. Plz link a journal when you get started. And feel free to ask me and all the folks here at 420mag any questions. There's a lot of excellent experience to help you and guide you along the way.

Hi Bulldogsfarmz :peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Hope all is well in your world :peace:

:420:

Back
Top Bottom