Re-purpose Your Branches After Harvest

After a very successful grow season (outdoor), I felt bad just throwing away the remains of my plants so I thought about making them into something else. Here's my first attempt at making a smoke pipe with my Sour Diesel trunk. I'm really happy with the results. How about the rest of you - have you made anything interesting? I might try making some jewelry next :ganjamon:.

Thank you, that's an excellent idea :).

We tried it out for its maiden smoke yesterday. Of course, we had to use Sour Diesel for it. It actually smoked really well, good draw and pretty smooth due to its length and even has a carb.

Thank you, that's an excellent idea :).

We tried it out for its maiden smoke yesterday. Of course, we had to use Sour Diesel for it. It actually smoked really well, good draw and pretty smooth due to its length and even has a carb.
Very cool. Lots of folks grow their own weed, but not many grow their own pipes!

the threadwork reminds me of guide wrapping on a fishing rod, looks good.
what did you use to glue/epoxy?
I was wondering if anyone would notice the guide wrap thread. I did a couple projects a few years ago refurbishing antique bamboo fly fishing rods. I was temped to use my highgloss rod finish, but in the end I used a water based polycrylic that I had on hand.

That is awesome. It definitely needs a tutorial. Please.
I've been thinking maybe I will indeed make a tutorial. I've got a few more plant carcasses (Blackberry Fire, Cookies and Dream Queen), maybe I'll make a couple more to give out to friends. While I make them, I'll try to document the process. It's really not that difficult, and I used used tools and materials that I already had.

People think we pot heads are dumb and lazy... well give us a big bong rip, a chunk of hose, and an empty pop bottle and we all turn into frigging engineers! LOL.
Nice work on the pipe. I love getting high and making stuff. I once had some bud but nothing to smoke it in. All I had with me was a cordless drill and a olfa knife. I broke a small branch off a crab apple tree and within 20 minutes I was smoking from a new pipe. LOL

People think we pot heads are dumb and lazy... well give us a big bong rip, a chunk of hose, and an empty pop bottle and we all turn into frigging engineers! LOL.
Nice work on the pipe. I love getting high and making stuff. I once had some bud but nothing to smoke it in. All I had with me was a cordless drill and a olfa knife. I broke a small branch off a crab apple tree and within 20 minutes I was smoking from a new pipe. LOL
That's a great story :roorrip:. I once had to turn an empty soda can into a smoking utensil.

I've been thinking maybe I will indeed make a tutorial. I've got a few more plant carcasses (Blackberry Fire, Cookies and Dream Queen), maybe I'll make a couple more to give out to friends. While I make them, I'll try to document the process. It's really not that difficult, and I used used tools and materials that I already had.

I’m actually ready to harvest my Northern Lights auto today. Any quick do’s and dont’s??

Just save the trunk/branches that have the diameter that you think you want your pipe to be. If the branch is too thin, you won't be able to bore out a large enough opening for a good draw. The bowl needs to be from a larger diameter than the stem piece. On my plant, I used the main trunk because I had already lopped off the larger branches. Also you need to let it dry out for a couple weeks.

Cool. I’ll see what I can do later when I chop.

Gotta give it a bit after tasting a sample I took a few days ago.

Attachments

• EE4C5CB6-F803-4EE2-9CCC-F4047C641515.jpeg
    EE4C5CB6-F803-4EE2-9CCC-F4047C641515.jpeg
    571.3 KB · Views: 148
Great pipe. Now all you need to do is come up with a use for all those small branch limbs. I have bags of them I have yet to throw out. I keep forgetting tell I add another batch to the bag LOL.

I was thinking that the smaller branches could be made into a bracelet or necklace of some sort. Maybe could even make Christmas tree ornaments with them. :peace:

I plan to start a new pipe in the next couple days and document the process here. I've still got 3 more plant carcasses to choose from :peace:.

Back
Top Bottom