Re Veg Clone - Fed On Infant Milk Formula Only - Yes I Am Mad!

right here is my update , week 3 12/12 tomorrow from flip ,
I have to say this plant has been very very very easy to care for , she just gets on with it
Shes budding nicely and i am excited on her getting well into flower , even more excited on how the smoke will be with all the natural sugars , I have put her back on the first milk as my little boy hasnt adjusted to the follow on milk , i am kind of glad as there are less minerals lol
from day one when cut
P1050548.JPG
P1050547.JPG

P1050919.JPG
P1050920.JPG
P1050921.JPG
P1050922.JPG
P1050923.JPG

most vulnerable I'd say is all of the flowering stage as there is less latitude for recovery from stresses and strains but if we were to pick parts, I'd say start of flowering when buds are first starting to appear (lighting or heat issues that could cause hermiation) and the days prior to harvest (humidity issues that could cause mould or creatures that might decimate your buds or, worse, burrow inside and lay eggs that you don't find til you're filling a bowl and a horde of gross pours out and crawls all on you)

Ah right, well in the flowering stage most people gently ramp up nutrients and, if available, add supplementary "bloom" type nutes specifically made for flowering, then a week or so before harvest they'll drop nutes entirely and flush ph'd water only (some might also add molasses(unsulphored treacle)).

In my experience (one grow just) i had nitrogen and calcium deficiency, though the nitrogen deficiency is common and some growers will advise not to replace the nitrogen.

As usual, seek a second opinion as well :)

thats the problem , i cant really up the nutes , i am on a mission to go full grow on baby milk only ... i was feeding 1 scoop to 1 litre , i have added and extra half scoop this week I wonder if this will help with her budding now , time will tell , the plan is to go full grow with no issues at all because if she gives me no head aches ill be sticking to paddys baby way lol . Mate i want a house hold name i want to be a famous grower before i pop my clogs , even though its my first year haha, i want my grand kids to remember paddys baby way :yahoo::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::yahoo::rofl::rofl::morenutes::morenutes::peacetwo::party::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood::allgood:

Holland and Barrett do molasses as well, though I've not yet figured out if it is unsulphored as the website is pretty cack.
Some say the molly makes for denser buds, however it's primarily used as a flushing agent, to make for a smoother, sweeter smoke.

The baby food might still work out, just keep doing what you're doing but maybe add more.
I'm curious to see how this turns out tbh; i always imagined the baby food would contain a lot of useless ballast and leave a white layer (or dye the soil grey at least) so yeah it'd be great to find out.

Paddy, what are the phosphorus and potassium levels in that feed? Flowering plants like a bit more P&K from about 3 weeks before flowering ends. Maybe just up the feed at about 3 weeks from the end for a week.

Meridian Organic Black Strap Molasses is what I use. It feeds the microbes in the soil leading to better uptake for the plant. The jury is still out on whether it increases taste or yield. 1 tbsp per 5 litres(gallon) in veg and 2 tbsp in flower every other feed. I will do 1 regular feed and the next feed will be molasses only.

Apart from the PK issue, the only other thing to be on the lookout for is mould as mentioned earlier.

With regards to the mould, you'll be looking to get your humidity down as low as you can (<40%) and the most effective weapon against this is circulation. desk fans and extraction if possible. some people throw silica gel bags (unopened!) about the grow area, others are partial to bowls of uncooked rice. I've not come up against high humidity so i haven't tested any of these, and reviews of all of the possible methods are all over the internet with mixed results.

Back
Top Bottom