Re-veggin moms when can I clone?

I'mOne

I'm re vegging a couple of Romulan grapefruit plants
One has gone through the smooth edge leaf stage and the three fingered leaf stage and has started making regular looking five finger leaves. The other is still making three finger leaves and doesn't look mature.
I'm thinking I can cut clones from them plant showing five fingers but not the other one yet.? What's you opinion?

I'm re vegging a couple of Romulan grapefruit plants
One has gone through the smooth edge leaf stage and the three fingered leaf stage and has started making regular looking five finger leaves. The other is still making three finger leaves and doesn't look mature.
I'm thinking I can cut clones from them plant showing five fingers but not the other one yet.? What's you opinion?
You can take a clone at any point, its just a matter of how long you want to wait for her. It has to revert back to veg before it can start growing. It just takes some clones longer depending on how far into flower she is.

Ok they both flowered...out then were harvested. Are you saying the limbs can be clones although are still throwing three fingered leaves...and don't look like a normal marijuana leaf? I assume I need the growth to mature a little.
It just takes longer to reveg if they in flower.

Oh yeah I tried cloning these while in flower, it didn't work ....so I managed to keep them alive and re-vegged as momma plants. It is several weeks in and one is slower than the other.
Did you harvest her and keep her alive and reveg her?

Yes both of them..one is farther along in the reveg it seems. She has five fingered leaves and has for a while the other is still popping three fingered leaves and just finished the "smooth edge" leaf phase.
Thats awesome. :thumb: I must have tried that a dozen times when I first started growing and they all died. I found a method of cloning now you could cut a branch in in last day of flower and grow it. Its such an easy method I can pump out 30 clones a month with out any trouble. Its in my thread if you want to see. :Namaste:

I will do that. Thanks. These were outside in a shed with skylites and stretched like crazy. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
It comes down to how you harvest her. Obviously you figured out a way to leave enough foliage that she lived. :thumb: Do you have any pics?

Here are the two in question

IMG_20210209_162503.jpg

IMG_20210209_162601.jpg

IMG_20210209_162444.jpg

This ie my flower room and these are all clones of my momma's. The sativa looking clones are from my original Romulan grapefruit plant and one will be changed to malE
I have been spraying her every three days for the last month, I just flipped them to 12.5 light schedule. The transgender plant will probably pollenate the other plants but I don't care. These are bubba hash and gorilla girl female clones
IMG_20210209_162444.jpg

I intend to save this fempollen and use it on clones from the other two PHENOTYPES that I showed in the earlier post, thereby creating fem seeds

I cut them about ten days ago, two from one Pheno and four from another. I'm not seeing roots yet but they are all pretty lively
I used the two Rubbermaid containers and made a hinge from duct tape to put one top the other I been opened every day for three days sprayed last night, added water about four days ago. Everything is sterile and new perlite was used as the mdeium

IMG_20210220_114922.jpg

As soon as you start seeing reveg, pluck off any remaining flowers or anything growing pistols. You may have to get in tight because the reveg can grow in over a flower site. I'm about in the same boat you are, I did one like that immediately but left the other one alone and have the lag between them, one exploding ready to clone and the other playing catch up with 3 bladed leafs. Thanks @Bill284 I might have a pic
20210217_092553.jpg

I plucked this one clean and in a week it was going gangbang, its bigger now. Nice op ImOne

Perlite has been my main cloning method for the last few years. I just use a single large tub or tray, with about 4 inches depth of perlite, soak it to the point where there maybe 1/2” water in the bottom, and just plunk all the cuttings in there separated by little dividers and labelled. I don’t use any dome or mist. I just leave them in the tub sitting on the bare floor under a cfl.
By the time the tub is getting dry after 10-14 days they’re showing roots.

i also run on rain water. No nutes of any kind in the cloner. But I have started using Z7.

-———

I normally wait till the reveg plant is showing normal veg leaves again before taking cuttings off it. Sometimes plants, especially certain strains, seem to get stuck in that halfway stage where they continue to grow single blade and triple blade leaves basically forever. I had a Chocolope strain that never grew more than three blades again after its first flowering and reveg.
After a couple years of that I gave up on it. PotChimp had the same experience with the same strain.
I’m sick of having that happen because they are not worth a shit in flowering and just grow fluffy foxtailed bud. Also they don’t grow very vigorously.

After quite a few bad experiences now I like to be more decisive with them and make sure that are completely 100% back in veg mode before taking cuttings.

Not saying that this will happen to you. You can do it the other way and take cuttings earlier. They'll continue to reveg, and it will probably work out fine. This is just where I’m at with the question now.

I definitely don’t flower anything anymore that is not showing vigourous proper veg-type growth. I’m also a little bit more careful about messing with the light cycle in veg. I went for many years thinking it didn’t matter at all if I opened the door to the veg room during lights out.

I’m more careful now about just keeping them on track, because they sometimes do get confused and stuck, and it is annoying when that happens.

My mom room is not light secure, try to stay out of there but shit happens. The Pheno with the five leaf growth has made roots so I put it in some happy frog dirt. I'm hopeful about the other Pheno clones since theyre still turgid and looking good. They are smaller and have less leaf surface to draw from.

Back
Top Bottom