re vegitation for a new generation

pipeman69

Good morning everyone.
I would like to share a project that I will be including in my new journal but need to ask some questions. During my current grow one of my 2 nirvana NYPD turned purple from the 1st week of flower and this plant is so awesome I want to make female beans. unfortunatly i did not make any clones from this one so I am gonna attempt to re veggitate the bottom 1/3 of the plant saving some good growth. She is in a scrog now so I kept some growth on the bottom.
I will be transplanting her into a larger pot using happy frog soil (My soil of choice) and switch back to a high nitrogen feeding scheduale. When she is ready for me to take clones I am gonna need at least 2 for the use of collidal silver and just one to over ripen. I have never done this before but have just a little knowledge on collidal silver because my buddy made it and gave me a quick run down on how to use it. Over ripening to me sounds riskey and who knows how the plant will react so maybe there is someone out there who has some experience in these methods to pass thier knowledge along and help me with my new journal.
peace

Welcome to 420 pipeman69

A colloidal silver journal for you to check out.

How to Make Feminized Seeds with Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

And a friend of mine has been make beans with the over ripening method for 30 years. So you are good doing that method as well, now I have not been witness to every seed he has germinated using this method but have seen enough of them, he tells me he has not had one seed hermie using the over ripening method.

Good luck with your adventure.

Oh, it just occurred to me that you could take down most of the plant you want to reveg then let the bottom third of the plant over ripen to get your fem seeds. It would save you a lot of time not having to do the re-veg. Take a cutting or 2 to reveg in your cloner till they have roots, then you could do your colloidal silver project as well, if you go this root take your cuttings sooner then later and make sure they root before your harvest to assure you have the genetics saved.

Ok well here is a real good question for ya, can you take a cutting from a plant 7 weeks into 12/12 and clone it??? I appreciate the thread you sent me and just for the experience of making seeds, I am willing to try any method esprcially so I can be well seasoned at this. I will do collidal and also over ripen but now with the last question with the cutting that is already way into flower to clone. I really am in no hurry I have a pretty large seed collection a lot of regs and some females beans but all having great genetics. Thanks for the response.

Ok well here is a real good question for ya, can you take a cutting from a plant 7 weeks into 12/12 and clone it??? I appreciate the thread you sent me and just for the experience of making seeds, I am willing to try any method esprcially so I can be well seasoned at this. I will do collidal and also over ripen but now with the last question with the cutting that is already way into flower to clone. I really am in no hurry I have a pretty large seed collection a lot of regs and some females beans but all having great genetics. Thanks for the response.

Most definately, think they call it monster cropping...anyhoots, once it roots will pretty much act the same as a re-veg (albeit on a smaller scale.) I'd do that and see how they take while waiting for the main plant to finish thus gaining time to make a decision as to what to do next. Can always still reveg if the clones don't take. I'd stay away from the colloidiallanels whatever silver, but that's just my paranoia probably. Revegging's easy as long as you have the patience to stay the course.

Hey brother I appreciate the input. I actually have plenty of patience and to do what we do and for it to be successful, you gotta have patience!
I think the collidal takes a bit longer and I actually had this debate with a fellow grower I feel that over ripen is the way to go the only thing that concerns me is #1 you really don't know how the plant is gonna react and #2 I believe you stand a chance to get hermies. But I am going to have plenty of clones so I will try several way's. The time is going to be soon because 4 of my ladies are closing in on there due date not that means anything but if a strains flower period is 7 to 9 I start checking tricomes at week 8 but you seem like a well seasoned grower let me ask a real good question. Out of my 4 ladies, one has a flower period of 7 to 9 and the other 3 are 9 to 11. the ones that are 9 to 11 have more cloudy trics and one is even showing a little amber and it is apparent they will finish before the 7 to 9 week plant. Is this possiable?I am sure anything is possiable but never happend to me before. look forward to your response.

as a rule of thumb whatever the breeder says add a week ta two from flip...with that being said, I've been growing Blue Rhino's and have never had to go the full term. I'm gonna hold fast on my previous advice and say take a clipping to clone now as I'm realitively sure there's at least one that ain't gonna yield even a gram of dried bud. I like seeds more than anything, but at this point in your grow you'd be well advised to consider re-vegging the main plant vs over ripening as if that fails, best case scenario you are looking at a long wait for the seeds to be ready (assuming it works) and worse case you've wasted alot of time and space that will only piss you off when you're buying from someone else. You can always over ripen from the clones or re-veggies, should you desire, although stress fems are no cost, little resources wasted and fairly quick for a small amount of seeds imho.

Thanks a lot bro. information like this is pricless to me and I can never get enough info on cultivation. lmao it is like my second life bro!!!
Peace

Back
Top Bottom