Reaction to smoked Cannabis?

FranticFred

I am still having a reaction to smoking. I have taken years off due to this issue. If I toke up even a tiny amount ,it will effect me negatively (sativa leaning hybrid).I get a light headache, heavy foggy head, slight shortness of breath along with a heavy sensation in my chest. After a couple hours the shortness of breath and heavy chest will pass,but the rest of the effects will be present late into the next day. Pretty uncomfortable yo be honest. This is driving me nuts,as I would really like to get medicated.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

I should mention, that I like a beer now and again,but lately I can't catch a buzz there either. It just makes me feel heavy.but no buzz at all.

I am still having a reaction to smoking. I have taken years off due to this issue. If I toke up even a tiny amount ,it will effect me negatively (sativa leaning hybrid).I get a light headache, heavy foggy head, slight shortness of breath along with a heavy sensation in my chest. After a couple hours the shortness of breath and heavy chest will pass,but the rest of the effects will be present late into the next day. Pretty uncomfortable yo be honest. This is driving me nuts,as I would really like to get medicated.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

I should mention, that I like a beer now and again,but lately I can't catch a buzz there either. It just makes me feel heavy.but no buzz at all.
Ive herd of bad reactions before. Have you ever been able to smoke with no ill effects? Are you on any medications my friend?

@Bill284
I have smoked in the past,but was restricted due to random UA's . It's been awhile since I have tried smoking again,until just recently. I tried 2 different Hybrids. No go on either. I quit cigs years ago because of COPD, and use a mild strength steroidal inhaler to manage the symptoms,which luckily are mild. That's all the meds I currently take.

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.

@Bill284
I have smoked in the past,but was restricted due to random UA's . It's been awhile since I have tried smoking again,until just recently. I tried 2 different Hybrids. No go on either. I quit cigs years ago because of COPD, and use a mild strength steroidal inhaler to manage the symptoms,which luckily are mild. That's all the meds I currently take.

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.
I have same copd and inhaler . But don't get adverse effects you do . I'm sorry my friend, I can't think of a remedy for you. Maby a cbd dom strain.

Have you tried making your own tincture/butter/oil?

If you're truly keen on administering via airway perhaps a flower vape pen like the PAX? (it's the only one I know but there are others on the market).
@Bill284

I guess I don't know how to multi-quote,but thanks for trying to help. I might try a CBD dominant just because I should have one in the stable anyway.

@copperrein

I tried a vaporizer.Same response.
I have considered tinctures,oils and edibles. Problem is with those options, the reaction could be quite a bit longer if I have one. I might try something really weak at first. Gotta do something tho, this sucks.

I'll miss enjoying a trippy Sativa too. I really enjoy something that is at least slightly trippy.

What a bummer. :oops:

Thanks to you both for trying to help.

@Bill284

I guess I don't know how to multi-quote,but thanks for trying to help. I might try a CBD dominant just because I should have one in the stable anyway.

@copperrein

I have considered tinctures,oils and edibles. Problem is with those options, the reaction could be quite a bit longer if I have one. I might try something really weak at first. Gotta do something tho, this sucks.

I'll miss enjoying a trippy Sativa too. I really enjoy something that is at least slightly trippy.

I feel for you my friend. Best of luck. :thumb:

I find sticking to the indicas rather than Sativa helps with the symptoms your describing a friend of mine gets really bad anxiety attacks with Sativas

it sounds to me like an allergic reaction to the smoke, combined with the copd. Talk to your doc before trying this, but I would suggest trying simple hay fever type meds before trying to smoke/vape and see if a dose of meds might alleviate your difficulty with the smoke. My brother has severe allergies to the point that he carries an epi-pen... and he can now smoke if he manages his hay fever well beforehand.

Have you tried making your own tincture/butter/oil?

If you're truly keen on administering via airway perhaps a flower vape pen like the PAX? (it's the only one I know but there are others on the market).
I ate some edibles at dispensary in Vegas and Reno same brand I bought a sativa for day use and a indica for night use worked fine medicated me just like smoking, worth a try like copperrein sugests.

@Bill284

@copperrein

True to the possibly longer and worse reaction. Is there someone at home with you in case anything super serious happens?

I almost wonder if taking kief, decarbing it, and grinding it super fine could result in a canna snuff. Mucous membranes would be the point of administration as opposed to your lungs. Still, if you're having a reaction to any cannabinoid in the weed, path of administration isn't gonna matter much I think. If it's an issue with volatiles in the smoke...that you can work with.

There's also rectal...but that's a rather...delicate matter and not one I'd experiment with first :D

I'm just a random person on the internet, tho. Please do your own research before trying any wacky crap my brain comes up with.

@Salcapone It isn't an anxious type of reaction really. It's more a strong discomfort. Any anxiety is more because of the discomfort.

@Emilya The possibility of being allergic warrants of some consideration for sure. I was on an anti-histamine for months one time.I'm not sure that it didn't effect me adversely. Thank you for the suggestion.

@Oldhippie59 I have been wondering about the possibility of an edible or tincture of some sort. That is another suggestion that has merit. Thank you.

@copperrein I seem to keep seeing the mention of the backdoor route. Still don't now for sure if that carries any psychoactive effect tho. Probably an option for some...butt <snicker> I don't know if I want anyone to know I'm doing it. :)

I was an avid grower/smoker for 20 years till I quit late 90s for multiple reasons. Tried it again in the late 2000 for pain management and it was not enjoyable or effective. My old lady ( her preferred title ) was using for arthritis but had givin it up too due to COPD complications. Tight chest, headache, and nausea. Found out a lot of my old friends had the same issues and quit. I found some of my old mowi seeds from the 1980s to see if it was us or the weed that changed. Hands down it is the weed.I only grow land strain sativas and harvest early when the trichomes just cloud over. Lowers the yield and THC but the other cannabinoids don't degrade.She has no issues with it and loves that I still give her flowers.That and a good slow curing process seem to be the key. I also cook it down into butter and add more CBD oil to make edibles that don't have much euphoria but have good medical properties. We can eat one for breakfast and still go to work, just a little happier.
Of all the strains I have tried Mowi seems to still work best for her.Just got my Jack herer seeds in. Have read this is a good strain for her respiratory relief but haven't tested it yet. My local dispensary has it but haven't had anything worth putting flame to from there yet.Have a feeling it would make me not want to bother growing it.
Hope this helps and good luck to ya.

Back
Top Bottom