Reading a PPM meter question: Driving me nuts

HomeGrown007

420 Member
Ok I keep getting this 0-9 or 0-3 etc. reading that i cant find anything about what it means.. I know that when it reads 340ppm thats 340 parts per million... I also know when it reads 105 x10 thats 1050 parts per million.. But what the hell does this 0 - # x10 mean?

See pics

20190206_121812.jpg

20190206_121845.jpg

I did that and spent hours trying to find anything on the net that could tell me, i even bought another meter thinking this one was screwed up and that one does it too.... Nothing about it in the directions or any you tube videos or any literature on the net

I would guess it means under 10 ppm or that it's not in any type solution that conducts electricity (example - is out of the water).

Edit, missed the x10 part. Hmm, I had that same meter but just recently dropped it inside a gallon jug full of water and ruined it.

I thought it meant negative ppm too but sometimes it gives me that reading right after loading it up with full nutes, sometimes it gives me that reading halfway through adding nutes.. Sometimes its 0 - 3 x10 sometimes its 0 - 7 x10 .. Even the guy at the hydro store said he doesnt know what it means

I will give you a thousand dollars if you can find anything in that manual about what im talking about.. Like I said I already searched everything on the net, watched 50 videos on youtube.. None say anything about the the 0 - # reading... I just got off the phone with HM Digital and they dont even know what it means...lol I emailed them the pictures and they are going to look into it

UPDATE: received an email from HM Digital today

Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:12 AM

Hello,

The meter turned out to be defective. Can you send me your Ship to address to send you a replacement

Thank you,

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom