Ready, set - Grow !

hi(gh) all. just checking in.

i'm a previous mmj recipient and a long time enthusiast before that. circumstances have given me an opportunity to take a more proactive approach so i'm giving it a try. i'm interested in the mmj community and am getting a bit more involved. have a ton of questions, issues i need to solve, etc blah blah lol. have been reading up and will post questions in the appropriate sub forums as stuff progresses. i'm up in canada so things are changing here rapidly, interesting times.

am currently getting a space set up. will be essentially a closet, about 10 sq ft. not very large, it's what i got to work with so we'll see. am hoping to get a second seedling / early veg space somehow as well. bit tight for location at the moment. will get some pics and will post up in the grow room sub once i get my head around the pic process here better. one day and i already have at least 2 internet fails here - apologies to mods lol. look forward to comments and suggestions. building a rdwc system to go with the space as as well.

like many here i have some medical reasons for my interest. i have experienced mmj success working with adhd, diverticulitis, and optic nerve necrosis, causing optic discomfort and a chronic ongoing migraine issue. am technically partially blind in one eye. wear protection around those lights kids ! main interest is strains and tools for dealing with those hassels. really need to get into the mmj subs here deeper. great resource.

looking forward to learning and participating.

take care - bluter

:peace:

hi(gh) all. just checking in.

i'm a previous mmj recipient and a long time enthusiast before that. circumstances have given me an opportunity to take a more proactive approach so i'm giving it a try. i'm interested in the mmj community and am getting a bit more involved. have a ton of questions, issues i need to solve, etc blah blah lol. have been reading up and will post questions in the appropriate sub forums as stuff progresses. i'm up in canada so things are changing here rapidly, interesting times.

am currently getting a space set up. will be essentially a closet, about 10 sq ft. not very large, it's what i got to work with so we'll see. am hoping to get a second seedling / early veg space somehow as well. bit tight for location at the moment. will get some pics and will post up in the grow room sub once i get my head around the pic process here better. one day and i already have at least 2 internet fails here - apologies to mods lol. look forward to comments and suggestions. building a rdwc system to go with the space as as well.

like many here i have some medical reasons for my interest. i have experienced mmj success working with adhd, diverticulitis, and optic nerve necrosis, causing optic discomfort and a chronic ongoing migraine issue. am technically partially blind in one eye. wear protection around those lights kids ! main interest is strains and tools for dealing with those hassels. really need to get into the mmj subs here deeper. great resource.

looking forward to learning and participating.

take care - bluter

Welcome to the forum @bluter :welcome:

There are a lot of people here that are versed better than I on the best strains for what you are looking for.

I'm sure a few of them will drop by and give their opinion.

You should check out threads by @Amy Gardner @Grow2HealMe and @SweetSue . They are all pretty knowledgeable about the medical side than I. I also tagged them, where they will come by and offer opinions.

You should also start a journal once you have sprouts and these guys will help you every way they can. Pictures are always golden if needing plant help. I'll post the link to upload your pictures below (in my signature too).

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos | 420 Magazine ®

Join, participate, and belong. It's what I tell every new person. Most of the people here are pretty awesome.

Hi @bluter !
I’ll join @Bonsaiweed :love: in extending you a big 420 forum welcome :welcome:

It sounds like you might be interested in looking al oil making for medicinal dosing as well as topical application. I also use a high CBD strain in the vaporiser and it helps with anxiety/ptsd in similar ways to what might work for adhd, I think. I’m only really across the stuff that I need, although I’m learning here all the time about the different terpene profiles and different effects of cannabinoids and how to get them. I’m going to suggest that you checkout SweetSue’s Cannabis oil study hall -
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

It’s long because it gets busy and has been going for a while. You could search it a bit, but also it’s totally fine to turn up on the current page and introduce yourself and just ask the questions you have. Many regulars there are very knowledgeable and experienced and SweetSue is across the medicinal applications in ways unmatched by anyone on this forum, IMO! She will welcome your questions, I know it! She would be the one to talk to about strains I think. As well as Grow2HealMe as she is working with treatment for migraines and neuro (de)generation issues.

In case you need it, here a tutorial on using the search function
How To Use The Search Function

And the one in making a grow journal
How to Make a Grow Journal

Bonsai already linked you to the media upload one :thumb:

Again, welcome! Look forward to seeing you around the rooms.

:Namaste:

thanks for warm welcome.

most everyone / everything here is well beyond my experience. i am re-learning things from 20 yrs ago as well lol.

thanks for warm welcome.

most everyone / everything here is well beyond my experience. i am re-learning things from 20 yrs ago as well lol.
I felt like that myself 8-9months ago. If you have time, just hangout and read for a while and. Ask questions as they come up (or collect them as you go to ask later). I read journals and sue’s cannabis oil thread for a couple of months before I started posting much. In 6 months or so you’ll be amazed at how much you’ve absorbed - as well as how much there still is to learn!

You’ll see, some of it will be like riding a bike... you won’t have forgotten. If you do have time to read and are at all interested in fascinating grow journals - I highly recommend this journal of Doc Bud’s. He has developed a grow kit you’ll see mentioned in places around the site, for growing high brix cannabis: Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend. This journal i’m linking to is an old one, but it’s where he was working out a lot of the stuff now incorporated in the kit... anyway - it may not be your thing but I found it a really great journal to read, entertaining and very educational...
Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Check out the high brix growing thing - If you’re wanting to grow medicinally it is the easiest most cost effective was to grow awesome organic nutrient rich cannabis! He is a sponsor here now too (and has been on 420 for a very long time as a member and product reviewer and now on staff, I think.) so I’m pretty sure I can link to his website. Totally not trying to push a product or anything (I’m not affiliated)! Just think it would be great for a medicinal grow. If I lived in the USA I’d be growing with it for sure. I’m trying to employ some of the methods and having some success - but I still have a lot to learn and lots of practicing to do! Here’s a link to his website - there’s a good section there on what it high brix growing. Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend

That’s my best tip on approaching your grow - read his stuff. :thumb: and see growers like Buckshot317, overlord, dynamo1, Graytail, Stage, Duggan (among others) who are all growing with that kit... you’ll see what I mean!

All the best settling in - you’ll do fine. Everything starts somewhere...:green_heart::yummy::green_heart:

thanks all for the warm replies and links. that high brix looks like a lot of love and experience invested. i'm partial to the taste of ground or even coco grown as i'm sure most people are.

in my experience it is easier to grow ground, but i'm kind of set on rdwc at the time for other reasons past my control. i have some experience with it, well at least enough for total disaster.

which is my current prediction lol :eek:

thanks all for the warm replies and links. that high brix looks like a lot of love and experience invested. i'm partial to the taste of ground or even coco grown as i'm sure most people are.

in my experience it is easier to grow ground, but i'm kind of set on rdwc at the time for other reasons past my control. i have some experience with it, well at least enough for total disaster.

which is my current prediction lol :eek:

I’m sure you’ll go well with the rdwc setup - I’m going to tag @Pennywise here as well as someone you’ll want to know for growing support in that case!

Heaps of people experiment with different approaches at different times. I’m pretty sure Pennywise grows in a few different ways ongoing actually, including rdwc.

What lights are you thinking of?

What lights are you thinking of?

i'll be using a cob and led light rig custom built for the space. i have experience with the tech from another industry and will be participating in the lighting forum. my lights are built from scratch.

i started getting a space prepped which can be seen here.

i'll be using a cob and led light rig custom built for the space. i have experience with the tech from another industry and will be participating in the lighting forum. my lights are built from scratch.

i started getting a space prepped which can be seen here.
Now you have us techy junkies wanting a peek into what you got..... :cool:

Some of us are light junkies, and also members of seeds anonymous. :laugh:

Now you have us techy junkies wanting a peek into what you got..... :cool:

Some of us are light junkies, and also members of seeds anonymous. :laugh:

i have cross experience from working in the entertainment industry.

it's a pretty standard cob and led setup. my understanding is there are forum sponsors here that pretty much have identical tech. i have to tread real careful here as i have locally branded them. i build a couple standard rigs and have put together custom rigs depending on friends needs etc. i put them together for folks that just don't want the hassel of the diy but want the energy savings and solid tech they can trust from someone they know. pretty much just word of mouth.

i want to be super super clear that i am not selling or hyping a product in any way here. i only deal local, and do not ship anywhere. period. i cannot sell them to anyone on this forum even if i wanted to.

i can and will post up about the lights in the appropriate forum, and share all that i know in an effort to spread the knowledge. a cursory look at the forum suggests most of you that are interested in this stuff are already about a generation ahead of me lol :laugh:

i started finding the like buttons etc. lol

take care - bluter

I understand. I know you are not trying to advertise anything for sale. More of a DIY project.

You will get the hang of it all. Takes a while to adjust to the new forum. Many of us are still trying to get acquainted with the buttons for they are not that old. New forum not too long ago. (about a month).

Back
Top Bottom