Ready to harvest or not quite yet?

Dwight Monk

420 Support
420 Staff
My first try at this, after putting them into shock managed to get them out of shock and actually get something besides the learning experience. Are these right at Harvest in your opinions or few more days or days past that already?

Deep Purple:

0013099.JPG

Dairy Queen:

0023000.JPG

both plants:
0032884.JPG

thanks,
Dwight

How long have they been in flowering?.... the deep purple looks done to me but the Dairy Queen looks like it's got brand new white hairs. Looks can be deceiving sometimes so a age definitely helps..

Tuesday was 8th week from time to set to Flower (not sure what's normal as in if you go by when flowers show up or when you switch). Both strains according to Dispensary I got clones from was 55-56 days for Flower, but I would think time frame they give varies and more of a window. Yeah I was thinking of harvesting the Deep Purple tomorrow and wait on the other until 70% of the pistols turn red as it is right at 50% white still. Just wasn't sure if the Indica Dominate plants can fool you as it didn't seem to have as many pistols as the Sativa Dominate clone.

Hi Monk,

I always suggest pulling a "tester". You can use the red hair percentage or the trichome method, but for me the best bet is pulling a tester. I do this when I have about 75% red hairs. I take a bud from about 1/3 the way down on one of the main colas. This should give you a good "average" quality for the plant. I set my oven at 150 degrees, and hang the bud with a paper clip from the highest rack. When the oven hits 150, I turn off the heat and just let it sit in there for about 12-18 hours. If it is cool in the house, I will warm it back to 150 one or two times in this 12-18 hours. Then break it up and smoke it. From that buzz I know that the longer I let it go, the more "medicine-y" or couch lock-y it will be. A good chef always tastes his food while cooking. :) Having said this, I agree with Twox. But test them, it is the very best way and will let you fine tune your buzz.

Back
Top Bottom