Ready to Harvest?

ChicoCrops

Hello everyone....I am in my 7th week of flowering around day 52 and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if these buds are almost ready? I'm waiting till we get 50-75% orange hairs. I want to be able to smoke a fatty for 4/20 so can we just "top" a few of the nugs that look ready? Anyone have any tips or comments on topping your plant? We have 2 Romulans and 2 bagseed. Our plan is to chop the bagseed soon or whenever they're ready and let the roms grow to their fullest. Heres a bunch of photos I took last night.......first grow too! :smokin3:

Re: Ready to Harvest??

Plants4-3-06003.jpg

Plants4-3-06005.jpg

Plants4-3-06006.jpg

Plants4-3-06007.jpg

Plants4-3-06008.jpg

Plants4-3-06009.jpg

So...would topping this plant allow these nugs lower down in the plant to grow a lot bigger? Is it worth topping or no?

Much appreciated!!!!!
-Chico-

Wow, nice plants! If I were you I wouldn't touch them at all, but thats just me. To cure any of it properly it will need more than 2 weeks, so it really won't be ready in time for 420 anyway. If you have to do it however, I would say you have the right idea, chop the bagseed plants and leave the romulans until they finish.

If you have used fert. recently at all in the bag seed plants you are about to chop I would flush with just water for at least 4-5 days before I cut them. After that dry and cure immediatly and you just might make 420. Good luck and happy smoking.

Thanks for the comment Roo....I'll take it into consideration....we might hafta top a nug or 2 for 4:20 tho...How many more weeks would you flower for? There in their 7th week right now and I read in the Grow Bible that Romulan's are 1/2 sativas and 1/2 indicas so they harvest in their 8th week around 55-60 days. What do u think??

I'm flowering with Botanicare ProBloom formula nutes...I've been flushing the seeds in the bathtub for the past 2 waterings. I'm feeding my Roms half strength right now...prolly only for 1 or 2 more waterings then they all will be fed pure water.

at LEAST another 2 weeks... ur in the 7th week and ALL your hairs are still white... that's a longer flowering strain... judging by the pistils, i'd say you have up to another month... good luck!

ok...thanks for your input....i guess we will wait it out for a couple more weeks before touching em...I'll post some more pics in about a week...
Thanks again

If you want to take a sample nug go ahead you will be fine and its a good cause 4/20. Just rember it wont be ass good now than it would be after proper curing. Just do it soon so you get a nice lil cure on it so when 4/20 comes it will be ready to smoke

Nice!! I wanna try that....so I can take off like a top nug that looks the most matured? Like the bud with the most colored hairs...and it wont stunt my plant too bad?
What day do u suggest I take a chop the nug? Like the 8th or 9th? That gives me 11/12 days to cure......enough time?

Well me personally i wouldn't touch the big cola's. The last few weeks the plant puts on most of its weights and trichomes. So clip a few nice nugs off the bottom that are close. Let them dry for a few days then those it in a jar and open occasionally to let fresh air and and u should be good to go for 4/20.

Yes, I would cut the most mature bud I could from the bagseed plants and start drying a curing it now. You have about a week and a half, so dry for 2-3 days and then cure until 4:20 and you might actually be able to smoke it in time. If I really had to smoke it on 4:20 I would sacrifice the bagseed plants in favor of keeping the Romulans.

For the Romulans, the bible sounds dead on with this one, 8th week 55-60 days of flowering. You won't harm them by going a little longer and remember to flush them by feeding them just plain water for 10-7 days before you chop.

This is my only concern with harvesting one bud for 4:20, that you have not had enough time to properly flush the plant beforehand. Otherwise I would say your cutting it really close but it is possible.

We have been flushing the bagseed plants. The roms will have about 1 more watering with nutes....maybe two. Then by next week I will be flushing all the plants.

ill try to get a good pic of the best nug to chop and you can give me the final yay or nay if it looks ready

I need some help here....should I top this nug tonight? The light has been on 12/12 for 8 weeks 1 day, and it flowered in about a week after switchingto flowering. I started this plant from a seed and I think its a Sativa because it's dark green wide fan leafs. It is the most matured plant as well. The top nug...the picture below....is the top cola. Were thinking about topping the top cola a few inches down and let the lower nugs mature a little longer. What do you think? Can I top tonight or wait longer.....I will take another pic after 9:00 (pacific time) when the light comes on. This was taken earlier today......camera sucks..

Plants4-10-06008.jpg

Ps. The colas in back is on a different plant....the cola im talking about is the one above....

Sativa is long skinny leaf takes 12 weeks to flower. Indica short and fat 8 weeks to flower. I dunno how i feel about chopping the main nug off like i have said before buds but there most weight on there last few weeks. I would cut off more mature small nugs from the bottom.

But that plant looks indica so should be just about harvest time.

Oh ya, alright well then it must be an indica. I think were gonna take the tops off a couple colas. The tops have the most red hairs and below they are more whiter....i'll post a few more pics in like 30 mins....so take a look and lemme know wat yall think.

Ok, so the top cola, has red hairs on the top half and the lower half of the nug has fewer red hairs, mostly white. What do ya think...

Plants4-10-06019.jpg

Plants4-10-06020.jpg

Plants4-10-06021.jpg

Plants4-10-06022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom