Ready to jar? Any help please

Steve Green

Hi all, I chopped my first grow last week and am happy with the result. I've been hang drying for 5 days and am not sure whether to leave longer, hoping someone can help as I know these are some of the most important steps...

I have hung dry on the branches in the tent using string, 1/2 wet trimmed 1/2 I'll do dry (as I saw debate on this so wanted to try both). Temps have been sitting around 23c (a couple nights down to 19 and a couple days up to 25-26). I know this is a bit high but my means for cooling the room had to be taken down. The humidity has been fairly consistent, low at 40%, cooler night was up to 60% but fairly consistent at 45%.

Most of the stems fold when bent and some of the thinner ones crack when squeezed, the buds feel crispy to touch but nice and sticky when squeezed. When squeezed they kind of bounce back to shape but not fully. .

Anyway, the last thing I want to do is over dry. Do you think I should get them in the jars now? I'll be using 8gm boveda packs in quart mason jars for the cure.

Thank you!!

I got some little 2$ rh displays I put in the jars to have control.

How long drying is needed is much about rh.
At 40% I let it dry for 4-5 days.
I like to jar early and control as half a day to much at 40% can be to much.
Key is to open 2x a day and keep open if they fell gummy.

Bodervas help but they are slow bringing rh down.

Id jar them..too dry is bad..
U need a humidity thermometer to put in the jar with the bud.pet stores have them..5 bucks..
I like my buds at 60 percent..just keep opening the jars till its at 60 and stays there with ur lid on..
Good curing can make all the difference in good smoke.
If its too dry.put a small piece of bread in the jar..it will moisten right back up
Peace!!

Thanks for the tips guys, I jarred up some of the smaller nugs last night. They got a little sweaty so I left the lid off over night. The smell was incredible after about 5 minutes of having the lid on, can't wait to smell the final result.

I'll jar up the rest today and follow the advice here. It's gonna be a warm week here, maybe 30-33c (85-90f) maximum temps. Should I be putting the jars in the fridge or anything like that? I read a few people doing that but not sure if it's a good move as the drop in temp might cause condensation.

Thanks for the tips guys, I jarred up some of the smaller nugs last night. They got a little sweaty so I left the lid off over night. The smell was incredible after about 5 minutes of having the lid on, can't wait to smell the final result.

I'll jar up the rest today and follow the advice here. It's gonna be a warm week here, maybe 30-33c (85-90f) maximum temps. Should I be putting the jars in the fridge or anything like that? I read a few people doing that but not sure if it's a good move as the drop in temp might cause condensation.

no fridge.

no fridge.

I would think the fridge would cause condensation on inside of the jars.

If the jars getting sweaty put the buds on a plate and leave out for an hour or two and then back into jar, but yeah knowing RH inside jar makes it a lot easier and those gauges are pretty cheap and tell you temp inside jar too. Just put jars in the dark to cure or at least out of direct light (I have mine in one of them non opaque tubs with a lid).

Back
Top Bottom