Ready to pick?

ItsTimmyMan

Hey everyone! I was hoping to get a few opinions on whether a plant I have is ready to harvest or not?
I understand that a lot of you would say that I should look under a 100X jewelers magnifier for at least majority amber trichomes and otherwise cloudy, but I don't have one at hand so I've resorted to looking at the trichomes :/

I understand it's not the most accurate way of judging maturity, but I'll have to make do:)

I have two different plants of the same strain that are budding at slightly different times which I'm yet to figure out, but I decided it wasn't such a bad thing :)

Here are photos of two of my plants which are both in different stages of flower:
4/11/2014
4_11_2014_3.jpg

4_11_2014_12.jpg

If you want to look at my full journal, click HERE

I did read the text, and I explained that it isn't possible - guestimates are inadvisable means to identify something that requires precision.

if you want a rough idea, the seed bank will have an estimated flowering time on their product - give or take a few days on that and you've got your guestimate.

trichomes are used for accurate forecasting, not guestimates :peace:

I did read the text, and I explained that it isn't possible - guestimates are inadvisable means to identify something that requires precision.

if you want a rough idea, the seed bank will have an estimated flowering time on their product - give or take a few days on that and you've got your guestimate.

trichomes are used for accurate forecasting, not guestimates :peace:

Although pistils have been used in the past to judge whether a plant is ready to pick. I understand your argument, but I'm asking for an opinion on whether you would pick it judging by the photo, not asking whether I should get a magnifier. I understand what you're saying and completely understand the process of looking at the trichomes to decide when to pick depending on the type of high you want; but I don't have such instruments at this point in time, and don't see me getting one in the next few days. So if you can't make a decision based on the photo then I'll wait for a second opinion. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the input!

I would continue to wait as it looks like it is still putting out a lot of new pistils and it looks like it still needs to fill in. You also have a very high leaf to calyx ratio. As your buds fill out it should appear as the leaves are shrinking. They are getting overtaken by the bud. I have a scope and use it but I do not rely one any one trait to tell when she is ready. And if you are a week early or a week late will it still get you high? Sure it will. You may not get the weight or the THC may have degraded some but you will have bud to smoke.

I would continue to wait as it looks like it is still putting out a lot of new pistils and it looks like it still needs to fill in. You also have a very high leaf to calyx ratio. As your buds fill out it should appear as the leaves are shrinking. They are getting overtaken by the bud. I have a scope and use it but I do not rely one any one trait to tell when she is ready. And if you are a week early or a week late will it still get you high? Sure it will. You may not get the weight or the THC may have degraded some but you will have bud to smoke.

I understand that, and I don't have any high phosphorus/potassium fertilizer, so I have to make do with what I have.

Back
Top Bottom