Real amount instead of gr/m2 or oz/ft2 as stated by a specific seed provider?

meejay

Hello fellow growers,
I have stumbled upon two(ish) questions. I wish someone here would help me with them.
  • Let as assume there is a X brand named seed provided by Y company. This specific seed yields for indoor operation is given as 1.3 – 1.6 oz/ft² (400 – 500 g/m²). I need to calculate the total amount of harvest but not sure about specific yield figure. I think starting with a rule of thumb range (more than a single value) would be good if there is any.
  • How much area would be covered by a plant? or how many (if there is more than one lol) plants would fit into a ft2 and square meter area?
Cheers,

First, remember that the projected "yields", are based on best case scenarios, where everything is just about perfect (lights, nutes, temps, humidity, etc), and there are no height or space restrictions, it rarely happens,. Pretty straight forward, you'd be hard pressed to get an entire plant in 1 sq ft. A 2x2 ft (4 sq ft). will fit one plant nicely, two plants tightly packed, a square meter (9 sq ft) you can get three or 4 plants. But honestly you're waaay jumping the gun, yield totally depends on how well the plant is grown, where you're growing it (outdoors or in a tent), what you're growing (photos or autos) and if photos how long did it veg? You could get anywhere from a 1/2 oz. a plants to 5-6 oz. per plant, just depends. Rarely do you get the yields that are advertised. So, if it says 1.5 oz/sq ft, and you're growing in 4 square feet, then 4 X 1.5 = 6oz. A decent grow of autos for me is about 4-6 oz/plant, cured/dried, in about 20-25 sq ft. Best of luck in your garden.

First, remember that the projected "yields", are based on best case scenarios, where everything is just about perfect (lights, nutes, temps, humidity, etc), and there are no height or space restrictions, it rarely happens,. Pretty straight forward, you'd be hard pressed to get an entire plant in 1 sq ft. A 2x2 ft (4 sq ft). will fit one plant nicely, two plants tightly packed, a square meter (9 sq ft) you can get three or 4 plants. But honestly you're waaay jumping the gun, yield totally depends on how well the plant is grown, where you're growing it (outdoors or in a tent), what you're growing (photos or autos) and if photos how long did it veg? You could get anywhere from a 1/2 oz. a plants to 5-6 oz. per plant, just depends. Rarely do you get the yields that are advertised. So, if it says 1.5 oz/sq ft, and you're growing in 4 square feet, then 4 X 1.5 = 6oz. A decent grow of autos for me is about 4-6 oz/plant, cured/dried, in about 20-25 sq ft. Best of luck in your garden.
Thanks for the detailed explanations!
I have grown a single plant three times before and I am planning to do it on a larger and commercial scale this time. Therefore, I need to do a feasibility. I understand the variables of a given grow which affect the yield. I will do my best to provide the best (or more than enough for specific variables such as light) conditions to the plants in order to maximise the output.

Are you trying to count your chickens before the eggs have hatched? The amount of space needed for a plant depends on genetics, grow environment and if you are pruning and shaping.
Are you trying to count your chickens before the eggs have hatched? The amount of space needed for a plant depends on genetics, grow environment and if you are pruning and shaping.
Seems like I do lol. All I wanted to have a rule of thumb to get an approximate figure for my feasibility study. Again I see that there are variables for this one as well. I got a figure like 4 regular plants would fit into a square meter area.

I wonder if there is an approximate figure for a plant which is to be topped or fimmed to have 16 main colas.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom