Really lazy extract?

Grandma Weedstein

Ok, let me preface this post by saying I do not give a shit about the weed that I want to turn into an extract. It’s either this, or throwing it on the burn pile. I had a few branches break off an already shitty plant in the rain, the flowers are super immature and I basically hung the branches up in the garage and forgot about them. I smoked a big joint of it, just for science, and it did get me high, so I know there’s THC in there but I basically don’t care about the weed because I got better flower on the way already drying.

That said, I want to try a really lazy-ass method for extracting oil that I think might work without much effort:

1) Pick off the buds and sugar leaves, throw them in a bucket, grind them up and pour everclear over it, mash the hell out of the whole thing, and strain the biomass out.

2) Pour the THC-infused everclear into a big glass mason jar with the lid open, let the alcohol evaporate. Smoke whatever oil is left.

All I want to know is, will this work or not? I don’t care about making the highest quality oil, I don’t care about doing it quickly, I’d just rather do something with this dirtweed than throw it away. I definitely don’t want to buy a rice cooker or spend time watching shit boil. I want to stick it in a corner and forget about it.

So, will this work at all or am I missing some kind of crucial step?

Ok, I guess that post was too long-winded for anyone to bother reading, so here’s a short summary:

Can I just mash up a bunch of shitty immature weed from some broken-off branches, mix it with everclear, strain it, and evaporate the alcohol at room temperature without boiling?

I realize this isn’t ideal but the flower is too shitty to be worth spending time and money on, so if this isn’t an option it’s going on the burn pile.

Sounds like you are trying to make a tincture referred to as " Green Dragon ".

Credit goes to Zoe Wilder at Mary Jane magazine.
Here's how to create the best of both worlds.

Making the Green Dragon is a lovely alternative to smoking cannabis. Tinctures retain most of the essential cannabinoids, including cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Plus, it’s easier to dose, affordable to make and gentle on the lungs.
Ingredients & Accoutrements
  • 1 Scale
  • 1 Funnel
  • 1 large Bowl
  • 4 Coffee Filters
  • 3 one quart Mason Jars
  • 1 Package of Cheesecloth
  • 1 Strainer
  • 1 Oven-safe Dish
  • 1 sheet of Aluminum Foil
  • 1 1/2 ounces of Cannabis or 6 to 8 grams of Hash
  • 1 Bottle of Vodka or any Clear Distilled Spirit (at least 40% alcohol)
  • 1 Food Processor or Coffee Grinder
  • 1 Measuring Cup with Pour Spout
  • 6 Blue or Brown Tinted Tincture Bottles with Eye Droppers
  • 1 pair of Latex Gloves
Directions
  1. Clean your cannabis, removing stems and seeds.
  2. Grind it until the consistency is even (a few seconds).
  3. Weigh it out.
  4. Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees.
  5. Place the marijuana in the oven, covered with foil, to decarboxylate it or make the THC active.
  6. Set timer for 1 hour.
  7. Take it out and let it cool for a few minutes.
  8. Funnel the decarbed marijuana into a 1 quart jar.
  9. Add 2 cups of alcohol.
  10. Seal the jar tightly.
  11. Shake it well.
  12. Freeze it.
  13. Shake the jar at least 3 times a day for 7 to 14 days, depending on the proof of your alcohol (100 proof = 1 week, 40 to 80 proof = 10 days).
  14. Place the cheesecloth over the strainer, and hold it over the bowl.
  15. Wearing latex gloves, filter the contents of the mason jar into the bowl. Squeeze the balled up mixture through the cloth, pushing it against the strainer to release more liquid into the bowl.
  16. Filter it for a second time. Pour the liquid into a mason jar through a coffee filter lined funnel. It should take half an hour to drain.
  17. Filter it a third time, using the previous step. This time, it should only take a few minutes to drain.
  18. Using the measuring cup, pour the tincture into the bottles. Be care not to fill them too full.
  19. Store in the freezer, away from flame and children.
Tips
  • Dosage: Five to ten drops under the tongue (leave it for thirty seconds).
  • It may burn ever so slightly, but the sensation will fade quickly.
  • It may take up to an hour to feel the effects.
  • You may feel a combination of euphoria combined with body highs.

So shit, anyway, I might as well preface this by admitting I didn’t use up all the everclear in this extraction project and so “saved” the rest for “another project” that’s now completed and has turned out quite successful.

I decided against following the advice of some of our more learned friends and mushed this ditchweed shit up with the everclear pretty well — despite freezing it first — just cuz I figured a lot of the THC was locked up in the immature buds and sugar leaves.

I did follow our learned friends advice by freezing the biomass and adding activated charcoal.

The good news is my hands are sticky after mushing this shit up, so there’s got to be THC in there. The bad news is I’m fucking drunk and have no idea what I am doing.

Also, the wife told me at the last moment that we didn’t have coffee filters so I am gonna let this tar evaporate until I can buy some tomorrow and strain it again.

Fuck it, you live and you learn. And if worse comes to worse, I’ll just drink that shit for science and report on the effects.

Attachments

• 475931A1-1ADF-4900-B01B-1A95EAD31C52.jpeg
    475931A1-1ADF-4900-B01B-1A95EAD31C52.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 77
  • A2571E5C-5E0A-4CE0-9EBF-95BD727E6C4A.jpeg
    A2571E5C-5E0A-4CE0-9EBF-95BD727E6C4A.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 4F84CCA3-11B9-4A41-8552-4B64BEA3B7D9.jpeg
    4F84CCA3-11B9-4A41-8552-4B64BEA3B7D9.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 77
  • EF13DB2C-FDE9-4993-A52E-7B553FFEF75D.jpeg
    EF13DB2C-FDE9-4993-A52E-7B553FFEF75D.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 89
Ok, I guess that post was too long-winded for anyone to bother reading, so here’s a short summary:

Can I just mash up a bunch of shitty immature weed from some broken-off branches, mix it with everclear, strain it, and evaporate the alcohol at room temperature without boiling?

I realize this isn’t ideal but the flower is too shitty to be worth spending time and money on, so if this isn’t an option it’s going on the burn pile.
Yes you can, maybe just mix it 5 min then strain it . That way you get the goodness and leave allot off unwanted stuff out . Put somewhere well ventilated the vapour is a fire hazed.

Back
Top Bottom