Really need Help With Dying Leaves Problem

erockhardass

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem about 5-6 weeks into flowering. The buds look like they are coming out nicely, but the leaves are dying. Not just the big fan leaves, but the leaves around the buds as well that are smaller fan leaves. I dont know if the buds are as grown as they are supposed to be at this period in time either. I had a low ph of about 4.5 and I added dolomitic lime for two waterings, 1 Tbsp per plant scratched into the top layer of soil and then watered. The ph is now between 5 and 6, which I know is low, but I dont want to add too much lime. Should I add more lime? Or what is the problem here and how can I fix it? I tried to get some pics of the leaves problem...it seemed as though my best and biggest ones started the dying leaves problem first.

0614092300.jpg

0614092301.jpg

0614092304.jpg

0614092304a.jpg

0614092307.jpg

To start with,
your soil should be right and kept that way. During flowering.
In veg, you can rough them up not in flower. It's da'Money shot man!
It takes to long to turn it around, the plant will finish before you can get the ph adjusted.
(let me check these pics out) .....

You check them for spider mites yet?!?

not enough P :cheesygrinsmiley:
or ph has P locked out,
Just up the P(as in NPK)

The same thing is happening to my plants Im blaming it on the ph b/c I have the sorry ass droplet ph test and I was told that when you put nutes in the water it gives a incorrect reading I flushed them out a couple of days ago with 4 gallons of water each they are in 4 gallon pots put they seem to be getting worse they still have 40 days to go but I dont know if they are going to make it what do you think should I wait for them to die or just cut them down and stop wasting water on them and will they still be smokeable

I can never figure out why anyone grows in soil or a soil mix,with the best medium on the market being coco coir,it is ph neutral,and is very easy to flush,I use nothing but coco,bat guano(mex for grow)sea bird guano at start of flowering,and seaweed extract for my flowering,my weights are always great,and the tric count is out of this world,I have not been as active here for awhile as I should be,this site has some of the finest growers available for FREE,how can you grow wrong,haha,little growers joke,anyway flush them with clean disstilled or purified water,very few varieties flower longer then 7-8 weeks,you should have great meds,check the trics,if clear or partly cloudy,pull them and start your cure,you can loose everything,so make the decision,it is yours to make

Ok well obviously they have problems and I asked how to fix them but noone gave me any good suggestions. I cannot simply add P because if it is locked out then adding more to the soil wont do any good. Flushing wont really work because I only have about 2 - 3 weeks to go. Do the buds look like they are far enough along for that far into flowering? If anyone has any advice on how I can save the crop let me know

So I should definitely flush them? Precisely how would I do that? And after I flush them, should I add any more nutrients? I have been using FloraNova during the grow but stopped about 2 weeks ago.

Please let me know asap because time is of the essence.

Ok well obviously they have problems and I asked how to fix them but noone gave me any good suggestions. I cannot simply add P because if it is locked out then adding more to the soil wont do any good. Flushing wont really work because I only have about 2 - 3 weeks to go. Do the buds look like they are far enough along for that far into flowering? If anyone has any advice on how I can save the crop let me know

Yes you can add P, get a fert with a higher P.

Do they have trichromes? what color are they?

And You don't have Mites? Did you Look?

I looked at the trichromes through a 30x lens, and they are small but they are clear. I dont see anything that looks like spider mites at all. I just need to know if I should flush, and if so, exactly how I would do that. I really dont want to harm the plants so if flushing might do that id rather not.

I'll give it a try, though not in soil, but maybe something will help...

DL, even finely ground, is tough to get into the soil. It tends to clump at the top. It is, however, pH capped at around 7.0... you can add more & more & more & it won't go any higher, though may put too much Ca & Mg in there.

Hydrated lime will shoot the pH way high, but is fast acting, very soluble & washes out fast. I am running under the assumption that you have pH issues at the core of it.

The pic with leaf edges drying & bending up is either too much heat or more likely a big K issue. I've noticed pH drops locks out my K too. Though, several issues will be apparrent with lock-out.

It looks like you foliared with something... wouldn't do that to feed as doesn't work too well with lock-out & you are so close to the end mold becomes a major issue.

You can try to feed for the next week trying to get the pH back into range. If not, they will just stay stressed & likely go hermi till the end. At least with an attempt to correct, they have a chance to regain some strength/growth prior to harvest. I would do this anyway such that they don't become so very weak that mold can infest. GL & best.

I had a friend that had that problem that surfaced very quickly.. They were in beautiful flower but even the leaves on the buds developed chlororsis quickly. He flushed out his plants and some little creatures came out of the medium. He flushed the plants with an organic pesticide to clear the bugs out, removed the plants for a while and cleaned out his room to make sure there was no more critters and then flushed them with clearex water. They recovered very nicely. He had spectacular buds and didn't lose any and still had a bountiful harvest.
DOnt know if this is similar to your problem but if these experts tell you to flush I think I would try at least to help them stay healthy till harvest time.

I did not do any foliar feeding or spray of any kind. If my ph is too low, wont adding more nutes make the ph even lower? I was thinking maybe I should just flush out until I get a good ph reading from the runoff, and then add nutes again. Would this be an ideal solution? If so, how much water should I use with 5 gallon pots? And how long should I wait before adding any nutes after flushing?

I did not do any foliar feeding or spray of any kind
Lockout happens in the roots bubba, not the foliage.
May want to try that before you try to drowned them :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nope, could bring it up.
What's the ph of the final solution, water and fert mix?

You got the idea, see if it will work.

It takes week to ph adjust soil with amendments,
that's why you start with the right ph or transplant to good soil before flowering.

Thats what im saying, If I flush out the roots then I can add more nutes. Someone in a post above said it looked like I had been foliar feeding but I never did.

What is the best thing I can do tonight at this point to help them. They need to be watered tonight, so I am looking to address this problem this watering. Should I flush them with 5 gallons of water and then renute?

I stated that it appeared you had foliared with something, not that you had indeed done so. In the pics, you can see a white deposit in the center of the leaf blades. This looks like residue. You also have some hardcore necrosis that might be associated with burn from solution build-up. That's all I suggest there is the reasoning for. Once again, i was only trying to help, good luck, best regards.

well here we are kicking that horse one more time,you have all the signs of nute overdose,soil is sooooo forgivable,but sadly unlike coco coir,is extremely hard to flush,next you will have either humidity problems,or no air to the root due to you trying to flush out a horrible mistake,but pull your boots up cowboy,stop feeding them and until you see some improvement give them clean purified water,your in a place when some damn fine growers come,so take what you can,and next time change to coco,and don't listen to your local hydro store,they are still trying to tell me how to fruit my plants,well the last time I looked thru the mic,cannibus flowers,it does not fruit,anyway you may not be out yet,just don't overwater trying to flush

Like Wildabout said your plants have obviously been over nuted and i think it also looks like u may have some heat issues (check yr temps)

What ever size pots u are using flush them with 3 times the amount of water that it holds soil with a 1/4 strength nutrient solution.

^ Would over nuting cause a build up in the soil and create such drastic changes between the nute solution and run off? Runoff should only be .5 less than the nute solution right?

Back
Top Bottom