I put my wet paper towel on a small plate and then I lay one upside down on it... takes a few days to dry out.
I have seen people do this. Guess I could do it with the CG. On the original seeds I got they said not to do that as it restricts oxygen. Guess if it works for you I should do it. At least for the Columbian Gold.

Update: Tap roots were over a centimetre this morning on the Blue Dream, Gorilla Glue, and Bruce Banner. I have planted them in the cups and look forward to them popping out of the soil.
3BACE109-4CE8-4254-A3A0-0915F766D564.jpeg
F2B4790B-F005-4FE2-805C-9FB683335A7A.jpeg

I have placed a plate over the Columbian Gold to slow down it drying so I don’t have to worry to much while I’m working.

Signed up! Fellow Canadian and fellow @DrSeeds customer. I don't have the strains that you do, but very happy to see your germination success so fast. Will watch for more. Wishing you a successful grow!

Subbed for the journey.
Another canadian here (Edmonton) and also will be growing autoflowers in promix. Just waiting on my seeds to arrive.
Just finished reading a thread where a guy successfully grew plants to harvest feom 42 yr old seed he'd mailed to his brother while deployed in Vietnam. Was a very interesting journal to read through.
Gl with your grow.
StaySharp, Knifemaker

Hey,Reave-looking good-
Mine went straight to the cups from soaking overnight,so it looks like we're
both on "cupwatch" for the next few days!

You could put the damp paper towels in a baggie so they don't dry out-you probably know this already,just thought I'd mention it...

Subbed for the journey.
Another canadian here (Edmonton)
Thanks for watching @Knifemaker420 . Us Canadians love our cannabis.
Hey,Reave-looking good-
Mine went straight to the cups from soaking overnight,so it looks like we're
both on "cupwatch" for the next few days!

You could put the damp paper towels in a baggie so they don't dry out-you probably know this already,just thought I'd mention it...
I have been following your journal. I’m kinda like you I have read of other ways but have had good success germinating my certain way but I certainly may have to give others a try with these older seeds. Seems seeds from good breeders germinate quite quickly so the paper towel isn’t too much of a pain. Thanks for following along.

I took a small Altoids tin and lined it with some 100 grit sandpaper. Snap it shut and shake shake shake! I used to use a small matchbox but after losing a couple of seeds that flew out and disappeared I went with something that snaps closed. :)
I use the 19 dram medi pots you can get. Theyre perfect. Just cut a piece thats as wide as the container is high (to the lip) roll it up pop it in and it springs back out and fills it perfectly. No lost seeds and you can get a nice swirl action going on rather than banging em about.

Hey Reave! Nice line up you got going and congrats on the germ.
Hey @DrSeeds cant wait to see what you got up ya sleeve with these genetics :p

Hey Reave! Nice line up you got going and congrats on the germ.
Hey @DrSeeds cant wait to see what you got up ya sleeve with these genetics :p
Count me in. I'll be watching :popcorn::popcorn:

My last 4 seeds are in seedling stage, so I was checking out Dr. Seeds today. Looks great, will order there next for sure.

Welcome aboard guys. Thanks for stopping in. A little sneak peek at what’s going on.
A7BD712E-6E45-49A0-A8D5-D591A95BE311.jpeg
9C8FBFB9-8EA2-45CF-90FB-082EF7506525.jpeg
32CFC65A-92A2-4D3E-A721-AAF153EE42B4.jpeg

Two of them have broke soil. Checked the other one it’s coming just a bit deeper.

I stopped messing around with a few of these old seeds at a time. Dropped about 30 or so into a shot glass.

Welcome aboard guys. Thanks for stopping in. A little sneak peek at what’s going on.
A7BD712E-6E45-49A0-A8D5-D591A95BE311.jpeg
9C8FBFB9-8EA2-45CF-90FB-082EF7506525.jpeg
32CFC65A-92A2-4D3E-A721-AAF153EE42B4.jpeg

Two of them have broke soil. Checked the other one it’s coming just a bit deeper.

I stopped messing around with a few of these old seeds at a time. Dropped about 30 or so into a shot glass.
Go big or go home! Imagine if all 30 pop now lol

Back
Top Bottom