I am interested too. Migt need to do a side by side with the same strain so we know for sure. But I don’t think I will use anything else now. I have spent a 27$ so far on RO water though so I might need to get an under sink RO filter to cut costs, but they are about 300-700$. So likely worth installing as grows could cost 60-100$ in water.
I use a lot of RO water myself, up to 7 gallons at a time on the flowering side, soon to be 10 gallons if I include all my plants. 5 gallons costs about $3.50 Canadian. I hate to know how much I've spent, too much.

But, I bought one of those RO systems, I just need to hook the darn thing up. Notnsure where you priced yours out at, but I bought what seems to be a decent setup from geekpure on amazon. It's a 6 stage system for under the sink with a small holding tank and I paid well under 300 for it. Just wanted to throw that out there for ya, there's lots of options, but best to go with at least a 5 stage.

But if I was looking at $300 - $700 for an RO filter, I would perhaps consider instead getting an oxygen emitter, as it seems from what I've read that well oxygenated water is really beneficial and would also presumably help off gassing if using tap water.
Yeah worth it though. Too much calcium carbonate in my water. Throws things off by the time flower rolls around.
I super oxygenate my water, yes it helps especially if you have a proper soil so that you water every day.
I think most tap water now has Chloramine in it not chlorine, Chloramine does not off gas.
I think it needs to be either filtered or I believe vitamin C will also get rid of it.

If you're one of the few that actually still has chlorine i suppose the oxygenation would help get rid of it plus obviously get a lot of dissolved oxygen into your water and into your soil.
Mine is chlorine so I have gassed it off before but we want RO filter anyway and I’m not worried about oxygen there should be tons of that in my living soil. These girls are pumping.
I use a lot of RO water myself, up to 7 gallons at a time on the flowering side, soon to be 10 gallons if I include all my plants. 5 gallons costs about $3.50 Canadian. I hate to know how much I've spent, too much.

But, I bought one of those RO systems, I just need to hook the darn thing up. Notnsure where you priced yours out at, but I bought what seems to be a decent setup from geekpure on amazon. It's a 6 stage system for under the sink with a small holding tank and I paid well under 300 for it. Just wanted to throw that out there for ya, there's lots of options, but best to go with at least a 5 stage.
Yeh get that thing installed. For sure they very in price but I need to fit mine under the sink and you need a res. The whole thing is a pain in the arse.

Hey 420 Fam,

want to play a game? A bit ago I followed @StoneOtter journal on how to pollinate sections of the plants. I bagged , sprayed , pollinated, bagged , sprayed, left them a while , removed the bags and sprayed. Hopefully not to much extra pollen in unwanted areas.

So which of these photos have been pollinated and which have not? Let the guessing begin.

A578FBC3-199C-4C04-A204-C081C7AEA825.jpeg

AC5E054D-AE03-4323-8EC3-052B19EEC6A4.jpeg

C57E7125-DC57-4CD1-8BE9-3AD72CAB1155.jpeg

01992C5F-6B1C-44B0-9F64-B0604424161D.jpeg

1C2F74C5-2876-4370-8F92-956FE72C4245.jpeg

BCF9FED9-C2CC-4C18-A7F3-8932C0CE9E8C.jpeg

#2 was pollinated for sure, possibly 4 and 5 as well
Nice shots of the buds!

#2 was pollinated for sure, possibly 4 and 5 as well
Nice shots of the buds!
Close!
Awesome! 2, 3 and 5 ? Some of them are good and knocked up huh? NIce work Reave! Yours look ahead of mine. What did you cross or remake?
Yes, 2 , 3 and 5 is correct. The male is Amnesia Haze. I have a bunch more pollen I harvested in case but it looks like the deed has been done. The females are Barny’s Farm Chronic Thunder and Utopia Haze. The third is from an Ace Seeds mix gem pack so we don’t know what that is yet. Once we get further into flower I am going to ask the breeder to help ID.

Close!

Yes, 2 , 3 and 5 is correct. The male is Amnesia Haze. I have a bunch more pollen I harvested in case but it looks like the deed has been done. The females are Barny’s Farm Chronic Thunder and Utopia Haze. The third is from an Ace Seeds mix gem pack so we don’t know what that is yet. Once we get further into flower I am going to ask the breeder to help ID.
We're looking at some fire in these then! Nice!

I harvested the auto after another week. Dried and in jars now. Got 4 jars out of it so that’s pretty cool for a plant just chilling in the veg tent. The other girls are almost done. I’ll do a big update soon. We only get a few months of really good summer around here so I am using my time lately for the great outdoors.

Summer Update:

Wow the weather has just been phenomenal. So much fun in the summer walking around in just shorts full time. Love me some heat.

Sorry for the lack of content 420 friends been far too busy to post but I seem to have some time now. Thanks for stopping in.

I have since chooped These but this was them pretty close to chop.

Chronic Thunder

091ACBD2-0F09-4808-8A42-0E79110A7550.jpeg

Utopia Haze

E7459FF8-CD7A-475E-ABE8-9E2D52034989.jpeg

AS #4

1534BD7D-25ED-42FF-B4F9-9FEDE28B93FC.jpeg

Group Shot

35808328-3077-4D67-9B09-392A7E7684E2.jpeg

Each of these three girls had one branch pollinated with the amnesia haze male and it worked out great. Just a few seeds in each jar and the look good. Cannot wait to explore my own crosses.

The forth girl has some genetic problem I think. It’s an Afghani and it looks real strange. I think I’ll just make edibles out of it.

When drying this time I used paper bags and I really liked them. Kept the buds to the right dry speed. I didn’t do anything special just aired them out a couple times. They are already curing in jars and I have not weighed them yet.

The next 4 are going to be clones of one of the previous 3. When they go in the flower tent I will start my next grow which will be seeds from this grow.

Thanks again for stopping by to check out my grow. I’m really happy with the results of this organic grow.

Back
Top Bottom