Reave

Welcome to my new journal!

Growing Dr. Seeds:
Gorilla Glue #4 x 1
Bruce Banner #3 x 1
Blue Dream x 1

Also growing old seeds from a friend:
Columbian gold x 5
These old seeds may not germinate. That’s why there is 5 of them. I have around 100 of these seeds hope we can get one to pop.

Still using Technaflora nutrients. They worked well for me on the first grow. I follow the recipe for success exact for the seedling and transplanting stages. For the veg and flower stage I divide the recipe by 3 and feed every time instead of feed water water at full strength. I found this to be more consistent through some tests in my first grow.

The medium is pro mix hp. This soiless medium is much easier to use than my original soiless medium since it brings the ph into range within reason so I will not be checking it for the most part.

I received the following after making a purchase from Dr. Seeds. Each container had 5 seeds and had really cool artwork:
889B8FED-2DE1-40D3-B3DF-1026A72417FE.jpeg

The containers were packed with care and the seeds came inside a little vial:
4EAC1557-0B63-4F68-B79C-2F8B3F1BB880.jpeg

Each strain of seed has been put in its own shot glass where they will remain for around 20 hours at which time they will go into the paper towel:
5052C170-E5B3-4EF4-99CD-45AE60F8A8D3.jpeg

I learned so much from my first grow and I hope I can effectively apply that knowledge to this grow while continuing to learn so much more.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my journal and all are welcome along on my journey.
:Namaste:

Good news! As said above I only attempted to germinate one of each strain with the exception of the Columbian Gold. Each seed is showing a tap root.

Blue Dream was the last to show hers(12 hours)

Gorilla glue was in the middle(8 hours):

Bruce Banner is the largest and was first to crack(5 hours):

Columbian Gold we will have to work at. I’m not giving up but these are some old seeds and likely were not bread to be the best of the best like the seeds we have access to now. They may take a while to germinate and watching over paper towel that needs attention every 4 hours gets anoying. One mistake and they will be dried out and useless.

So far very pleased with the Dr. Seeds genetics. 100% germination so far and fast germination. I have the others put away safe in the fridge for another time.

3 out of four so far is pretty darn good (and fast,too)-it makes sense the Colombian Gold would take a bit longer...they've been asleep since the 70's,might take a little more time to wake 'em up.
Great start,Reave- I'll be checking in often to see how things progress-I've got a couple soaking right now-they'll go into the paper towels tomorrow morning,hope my luck is as good as yours...

Welcome to my new journal!

Growing Dr. Seeds:
Gorilla Glue #4 x 1
Bruce Banner #3 x 1
Blue Dream x 1

Also growing old seeds from a friend:
Columbian gold x 5
These old seeds may not germinate. That’s why there is 5 of them. I have around 100 of these seeds hope we can get one to pop.

Still using Technaflora nutrients. They worked well for me on the first grow. I follow the recipe for success exact for the seedling and transplanting stages. For the veg and flower stage I divide the recipe by 3 and feed every time instead of feed water water at full strength. I found this to be more consistent through some tests in my first grow.

The medium is pro mix hp. This soiless medium is much easier to use than my original soiless medium since it brings the ph into range within reason so I will not be checking it for the most part.

I received the following after making a purchase from Dr. Seeds. Each container had 5 seeds and had really cool artwork:
889B8FED-2DE1-40D3-B3DF-1026A72417FE.jpeg

The containers were packed with care and the seeds came inside a little vial:
4EAC1557-0B63-4F68-B79C-2F8B3F1BB880.jpeg

Each strain of seed has been put in its own shot glass where they will remain for around 20 hours at which time they will go into the paper towel:
5052C170-E5B3-4EF4-99CD-45AE60F8A8D3.jpeg

I learned so much from my first grow and I hope I can effectively apply that knowledge to this grow while continuing to learn so much more.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my journal and all are welcome along on my journey.
:Namaste:
Wow, you've got some potentially beautiful seeds you're growing there, I love the Dr Seeds containers, they look almost collectable!

Back
Top Bottom