Reave's Soilless: Peat, Bark, Sphagnum, Perlite, White Widow 2018

All trimmed up and moved to bags for now with the hygrometer in them.

5.5 ounces white widow
1.9 ounces Durga Mata
2.0 ounces sugar shake and fluff buds.

Pretty happy all in all. Next grow we will try and do a bit better.
Fantastic! I am so impressed. Your White Widow looked really nice at the end but it is hard to judge size looking at pictures. I had no idea it would do so well. Durga Matta not bad either. Congratulations!

All trimmed up and moved to bags for now with the hygrometer in them.

5.5 ounces white widow
1.9 ounces Durga Mata
2.0 ounces sugar shake and fluff buds.

Pretty happy all in all. Next grow we will try and do a bit better.
I'd say a lot better! It's only when you get to the number of grows I've done do the numbers go down! ;)
Yeh that will keep the wife going for a while. Around 6 months. So next batch I should have a decent surplus.
Wives do love the surplus weed! I've finally gotten my wife to smoke stuff besides the AK-47 just because "that's what we have the most of"!
So after I put the cannabis in the bags the hygrometer actually went down instead of up. Does it take quite a while for the moisture to travel from the stem and into the bag air?
Moisture from the stems can take a while because of their density and the outer layer they have. Same in reverse...it took nearly two days for the dry stems to take up the oil in the crock pot for my skin salve.
Also do I put the humidity packs in once I’m done this part or do they go in now?
I don't put the packs in until I'm jarring them for the cure, so I try to get the burping to as close to 62% as I think the packs can handle (about ±2%).

I don't put the packs in until I'm jarring them for the cure, so I try to get the burping to as close to 62% as I think the packs can handle (about ±2%).

Ok I have had them sealed for about 20 hours and they are at about 55% rh. I was just getting worried I messed up the cure. I will leave it another 24 hours and see what happens.

Mine didn't get as low as 55% but when they were at 59% I exhaled into the jars before sealing them. That raised the RH in there over a few days. But Krip said:
They will continue to cure as long as the RH remains ABOVE 55%. If the RH drops below 55%, they stop curing and, even if you raise the humidity back up, they will not cure any further.

I don't know where that info comes from though.

Mine didn't get as low as 55% but when they were at 59% I exhaled into the jars before sealing them. That raised the RH in there over a few days. But Krip said:

I don't know where that info comes from though.
It is pretty widely accepted that curing in cannabis stops somewhere between 50%-55% RH so the "rule of thumb" is to not let the RH (of the buds - not the room!) drop below 55%. Not sure who originally tested/discovered it, though! ;)

I can see it stopping at < 55% since the process relies on moisture in the buds to work, but I'm just wondering why it doesn't start again if you rehydrate to above that.
My understanding is that the curing process relies on certain bacteria (or enzymes) that break down the chlorophyll. Once the RH drops below 55%, those bacteria die off (or, the enzymes are somehow transformed).

I agree! It can take 24 hours, or so, for the RH readings to stabilize on jarred buds. Leave them in the jar with the hygrometer and check it in 24 hours. It may very well still be above 55%.

Back
Top Bottom