Recent user of cannabis but ran into a problem.

An4rchist

Hello All,

Glad to be a part of the community!

Since I am new and currently am experiencing a rather bad or uncomfortable experience, I want to briefly explain what has occurred and ask for your advice and/or encouragement.

4 months ago I made some cannabis oil. The cannabis was not laced or anything like that but was from a good and reliable source. I put a drop in my tea every night for about 3 weeks and loved it. It relaxed me and even helped me sleep. Perhaps I experienced a little bit of the "baked" feeling, but not really. It was just a relaxing experience. Then one day I decided to "double up" and see what happens. Big mistake. I must have paced my apartment for 5 hours as I dealt with panic attacks, paranoia, huge adrenaline rushes, blood rush, going in and out of cohesive thought. Basically the stereotype of taking too much. For the next 10 days I even experienced a little bit of dizziness. It went away and all was fine. But due to the experience, I gave it all up. Then 4 months later (or about 10 days ago), I decided I would try again and just be more careful. I got a hold of two different batches of cannabis. One I made into oil and the other I left as is. So I had the oil and I got a tinge of anxiety from it. That anxiety could have been due to my nervousness of possibly experiencing what I did last time. So I waited 48 hours and decided to take a smaller dose. Still a little anxious due to what I remembered. So I figured I would just pass on ingesting. So I decided to vape the next day. I took 4 small puffs and got a minor relaxing feeling and improved sleep. The very next day I did the exact same thing. Then 48 hours later (I did no vaping or anything that time) I experienced a flush to my face and tingling all over my body as I was randomly sitting on my couch talking to my brother. Some anxiety came and I decided to go to bed. Then for the next 8 days (today being the 8th), I would struggle throughout the day with either minor lightheadedness, flush to the face, and bouts of anxiety that would be either minor or slightly severe. I admit, sometimes thinking about it would only aggravate it. Getting my mind off it would sometimes help. I even feel a tad nervous typing this.

Anyway, I have read in other forums that some people have experienced adverse effects days, weeks, and even months after use. I hear it is rare, but that it can happen. Has anyone here had this experience? Should I be worried? Scared? Or is this just something I need to be patient about, try and relax and "ride it out"? Any advice and encouragement would be appreciated. I think it would be easier for me to deal with how I feel right now if I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that nothing "permanent" has occurred to me.

Thanks for your time and I really appreciate all feedback!

A lot of it can vary on the Strain, Sativa's or Sativa dominant is more of an up/energetic high and can cause that in some folks whereas Indica or Indica dominant strains usually more of a couchlock/knock you out kind of high. It is a bit more complex than that, but not sure if where you at you have options of Strains or even know what the Strain is as varies on where you are at and laws as to whether legal or not etc....Do an internet search for Strains that cause anxiety and/or Strains that help with anxiety if you have options on Strains where you are, a lot of variables and the "same Strain" may not always be consistent but will give you an idea of what you want or want to avoid potentially. Affects everyone slightly differently and may just be a "not for you" kind of thing though too, but it can vary on which strain you are using for many folks, just like Tequila makes some folks a "mean drunk" and others it is no different than any other hard liquor, and other folks any type of alcohol makes them "mean" as in the old saying/bumper sticker "instant arsehole just add alcohol" ;) for me drinking just made me make more "poor decisions" in life than I do otherwise so I been sober for 20 years :rofl:.

I definitely think it's "just not for me". I think you might be right that it could just be a particular strain that doesn't do well with me at all. I mean, a few months ago when I tried the oil I did it with no ill effect until I took too much at once. At this point I just assume it's a particular strain or combination of strains that just does not work well with me at all. Since the ill effects are so uncomfortable and last so long for me, it simply is not worth me doing some trial and error to find which one. I'll just quit entirely. I have nothing bad to say about cannabis and I hope one day it will be legal everywhere and more research can be done in its various health potentials. I'm just crossing my fingers that what I am experiencing is only temporary and I need to ride it out.

And congrats on 20 years sober!

Back
Top Bottom