Recipe: North Indian cannabis milk drink - a great use of fresh fan leaves or trim

Inkdot

Hello. I learned to make this drink in the state Punjab of India. It's a great way to use all those fan leaves after harvest or after defoliation techniques.

It can of course be done with frosty bud trim or even bud material, then it will be more psychoactive head high and more potent.

If you only use the fan leaves you can still get a soaring body high since the insides of those leaves contain much more CBDs and other cannabinoids than THC. The effects can still be intense though and I suppose it might be good to try for medication as with a CBD high edible.

Recipie:

You'll need:
  1. Milk and/or cream (if only milk, use as high fat as possible and simmer a little longer)
  2. Fresh cannabis plant material. Works also for only fan leaves, even from a plant in veg.
  3. Cloth, sieve or sifter to separate wet gooey plant material from the liquid (cloth over a cooking pot works nice because you can tie it as a sack around and squeeze all liquid out)
  4. Flavors for the finished drink. Flavor as you please. I used cinnamon, sweet hazel paste, a little dark chocolate (melted into the milk) and a small shot of rum. In India they used cinnamon, cardamom, almond, some kind of sweetener and poppy seeds. I have to try this with coffee next!

Ok, on to the cooking.

• Boil enough water to cover the fresh leaves, stems or trim.
  • Add plant material to water. Gently boil for a few minutes (or longer) while poking the leaves with an appliance to make a water infusion. You wanna get rid of as much chlorophyll and nutrients as possible while softening the plant material to make it more gooey.
  • Use sieve or cloth to separate. Throw away the water while saving the plant material. Try to get rid of as much water as possible by pressing and squeezing.
  • Put gooey plant matter back in a cooking pot and spread out evenly.
  • Add cream or milk. To get the most potent drink, use mostly cream in the mixture and just barely cover the plant matter. If you use higher quality plant matter you can add more milk to dilute and drown everything completely.
  • Gently simmer with lid on at low temperature for at least 30 min (up to two hours if you're patient). Check the state of things every 5 to 10 minutes, stir the mixture and mash the leaves. Add water or milk if needed and don't let it go to a hard boil, just a light simmer. I use a spray bottle with water to dilute and keep it from boiling too hard.
  • Use sieve or cloth to separate. This time keep the liquid and throw away the plant material that has now been depleted of fat soluble cannabinoids.
  • You can add flavors at the end or earlier in the cooking. I tend to add the flavors the last 10 minutes of simmering to let them absorb better into the milk/cream.

About dosage. I used a big hand full of fresh fan leaves (from plants in veg that I defoliated). This gave me about a pint of cream/milk mixture of 10% fat content that tasted very good and gave me a soaring body high for many hours. Once you get the hang on potency etc you can cook big batches and put in fridge!

In India they prefer to use blooming bush weed (using the whole plant) but when I was there the plants had just started flowering and there were no buds but it still knocked me on my ass!

IMG_054414.JPG

IMG_05269.JPG

Enjoy and if you try it please tell us approximate amounts used. I wanna try and dial in the potency right. I suspect you might get too high very easy if you use too much trim or swag buds.

:yummy:

Haha nice! Stoned Finnish guy in Varanasi! Yeah this ganja milk drink exist all over India with slight variations to recipe and potency. I can tell you if I drank two full glasses, like the Finnish guy, of the stuff they had in punjab I wouldn't be standing for long! In fact one glass like that made me sleep 3 h later because I was too high lol!

The second video is exactly the same thing as I described. But he skipped the water boil step because he only used high quality 'sugar leaves'. If you use more low quality material like regular fan leaves or wild bush weed I would suggest to boil it in water first before you put it in the milk to get rid of as much nasty flavor as possible. However if you only use sugar trim or bud you can skip the water step because the total amount of plant material you'll need to make a potent drink will be much lower. And I would simmer the milk for longer. I know I wrote at least 30 min in the recipe but I would go much longer, up to two hours.

Personally I would make butter or hash with most of the sugar trim and use fresh fan leaves for the milk drink. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing the videos!

Re: Recipie: North Indian cannabis milk drink (a great use of fresh fan leaves or tri

Definitely gonna give this video a watch and may giver a try. I got plenty of fans and sugar leaf trim.

Re: Recipie: North Indian cannabis milk drink (a great use of fresh fan leaves or tri

Done these a few times more now on fan leaves only and got great results. I must say I really like the high from the leaves as well, a very well mixed pleasant candy bag of different cannabinoids.

About a 'tennis ball size' clump of gently pressed fresh leaves make about one glass and should make you good and happy even if you have a bit of tolerance.

Inkdot, hello. What "cream" can be substituted for milk...i despise the stuff (milk ).

Hey, I thought of something that could be worth trying.

Make a cream extract and use that to make any kind of sauce for food. For instance you could make a brown sauce by heating the cannabis cream and adding soy sauce and meat stock, salt and pepper, perhaps some seasoning like oregano and then pour it on a big fat steak! Just watch the temperature but you should be fine since the cream and soy sauce both contain water.

Yah I am also from Punjab Great Post .. Make a Post for Marijuana Fried Onion Rings:D

Or u can Use Buds Or Buds Left Over Shake Get Red cap Gallon Milk , Nuts If u Like Almonds Etc.. And Mix ur Bud and Milk In Grinder Its Ready:| Cold

Re: Recipe: North Indian cannabis milk drink - a great use of fresh fan leaves or tri

Or u can Use Buds Or Buds Left Over Shake Get Red cap Gallon Milk , Nuts If u Like Almonds Etc.. And Mix ur Bud and Milk In Grinder Its Ready:| Cold

Yeah I heard about this way to make the drink! Do you still get stoned even though you don't heat any plant matter?

Bhang! I have a cat named Bhang.

Is it green? Lol! Nice name for a kitty.

Re: Recipe: North Indian cannabis milk drink - a great use of fresh fan leaves or tri

I put some eggnog on the wood stove with about a half ounce of bud in it for a couple hours. It tasted really good. I didn't think I got very high off it but my wife could not understand a word I said for hours. lol!

Back
Top Bottom