Recirculating drip system

Ozstoner112

Hi all was just wondering if someone could help? I have a 1.4x1.4 x 2 metre high growlush tent and a 600 watt aluminium reflector. I'm having trouble figuring out how to put together a recirculating drip system can anyone help? would be much appreciated!! :thanks:

Get a tote cut some circles in it for the plant cups.get a water pump put it in the bottom with a tube type line going to it and drill a hole for it to go through the top to all the plant sites.If you google what yout trying to build you can make it from looking at a picture in no time.

Thanks but that's not the one I want to build! I don't want to keep the resivour in the tent I want to keep it outside the tent with a feed line into the tent to the plants in pots. At the bottom of the pot is a return line back to the resivour. I think it's fed back by gravity? Anyone know how to build something like this or similar!? Thank you all much appreciated!

There are lots of different RDWC systems.

But I think you are talking about the systems that use a constant level bucket system. You can purchase five gallon buckets at your local hardware store - ensure that they have lids.

This system uses positive pump pressure to distribute nutrient solution to each bucket evenly. Once in the buckets, the nutrient solution rises through the plant's roots till it hits the level of the drain. Into the drain hose and then back to the reservoir by gravity.

It is best to use net pots. If you go with a 5 gallon bucket - you can use either 6 or 8" netpots. You will need to drill a hole in the lid for each netpot.

For your sized tent - I would suggest 4 buckets. This gives each plant 4 square foot of space to grow into.

For this type of system, you hook the inlet for the water pump to the reservoir. You hook the outlet up to a check valve, and then into a distribution fitting - thus splitting the flow to every bucket. You run a 3/4" hose from this to each bucket - connected to a fitting at the bottom. You then take another 3/4" fitting and place it at whatever level you want to maintain the nutrient solution in the bucket. Hook another 3/4" hose to this fitting and run it back to the reservoir.

The drain on the type of system is typically put right below the bottom of the net pot.

A distribution fitting can be made by inter-connecting 3/4" PVC Ts. You will need one more T than you have buckets.

You need a check valve - or you have to ensure that the reservoir can handle all the water in the system. If the water pump goes out - most of the water will flow back to the reservoir... due to gravity. A check valve will prevent this from happening. An alternative is to use another five gallon bucket for the reservoir - and ensure that it is at the same level as the other buckets.

I would also put an airstone in the bottom of every bucket to ensure adequate oxygen for the roots.

Hope this is like what you are wanting. If you need more details or have any questions, feel free to ask.

:goodluck:

Hey mate thanks for that, yeah that sounds like what I'd like to build. Have you seen alkhemist's RDWC? That's the one I want to build thanks for replying!

Sorry it's not Rdwc it's a top drip feed recirculating system. It has drip spikes in the top or drip halos!

No real difference though. You are reversing things from the previous system. You can get rid of the hole in the top of the bucket and use the whole in the bottom of the bucket as a drain back to the reservoir. Attach the hoses from the distribution fitting to the drip rings.

Back
Top Bottom