Recommend Best Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights?

Running 2 240 watt boards on the side and a 600 watt on top. 600 is SydrX Chinese copy. Added A/c unit for cooling. Running 85 degrees with 46% humidity.

Attachments

• 20190314_143021(1).jpg
    20190314_143021(1).jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 39
What Teddy said.

On that note - nothing better than Timber COBs.

I run QB too. They get too hot for me and my plants. So I turned them all down.

Timber I use a 2:1 mix of 3K and 1750K (near far red) in flower. All running full tilt.

QBs I use 1 4K in VEG along with a 3K Timber lamp. That gets the plants going and then the flowering finishes them off nicely.

Timber for the win

Yup. I just watched a guy switch and he has been blown away with the results...
:passitleft:

How long does it take to make up the diff in cost of fixture? There are economics involved more that just the gm/watt ratio.

Like this for example.

I bought a $2k LED state of the art fixture.

Does that grow me 10x more better weed than a $200 Gavita. It's not even close. HID wins in that regard.

Then factor in the watts and KWH costs over time.

Cost of replacement HID bulbs.

It's not as clear an answer as one wood make it seem.

How long does it take to make up the diff in cost of fixture? There are economics involved more that just the gm/watt ratio.

Like this for example.

Does that grow me 10x more better weed than a $200 Gavita. It's not even close. HID wins in that regard.

What ever works for ya...:blunt:
All grow spaces are not created equal.

Like this for example.

And how many years do you actually expect to use that light... :laughtwo:

50000 hours is a long long time. There will be something even better before then.

Like this for example.

well I can tell you that it all depends on how you want to crunch those numbers … comparing my spectrum king lights to gavita ….first you could add up bulb replacement costs changing bulbs when recommended for optimum performance for 5 years versus spectrum kings 5 year guarantee on light intensity, then you could go into how much its not going to cost you to control your gardens temp versus how much its going to cost you to cool it (my room is almost too cold haha right now im running a 602 and 2 402's in my area and it stays pretty much 82-84 degrees). then you weigh in the difference in operating costs ( electricity used) of both style lamps

or you could look at your first run covering all the cost of lighting /system equipment . I know mine would have covered that with current market price's .

it all depends on how you want to look at it as there are multiple ways …..as well as are you looking long term or short term?

Grow your shit, harvest, multiply those ounces by market price.. your in front, no matter your lighting..
Want bang for buck, make use of the sun in a controlled environment.. cheaper yet, make use of sun in a natural season growing cycle.

And how many years do you actually expect to use that light... :laughtwo:

50000 hours is a long long time. There will be something even better before then.
This is a thing, especially when a technology is morphing at a high rate like LED. Hazarding a guess, I would say don't expect to be looking beyond 3-5 years time using it... it'll be in the back of the cupboard.

Chilled logic pucks > qb's
2 pucks with 430 diodes cheaper than 1 qb with 288 diodes. Both Samsung lm301b. Qb's give spread, cobs give intensity and pucks are a combo of both. Canopy penetration is caused by point sources of light not intensity so whatever you get make sure you spread it out evenly and get as many diodes as possible within your budget.

I say post up plant photos that include lights in the shot, unless your not proud of what your getting with your lights... Opinions are one thing, results tell the story. Mines on page two and it was just flipped to 12/12...
Enough opinions, let's see what ya got.:cheesygrinsmiley:
:blunt:

I understand completely … when I started growing again and led's where quite the topic a couple years ago ...I went with what I thought would give me good results having all the spectrums I needed and uv,uvb,ir along with par etc etc ..they weren't full spectrum as a matter of fact you can see them in my sig...long story short after some issues towards the end of flowering any run I did with them I through research was led to spectrum king ...and well I wish I would have invested my money there first even if would have only been on a closet case to check them out . I love these lights and in regards to cost I agree they are pricey but they are very competitively priced in the market they are in .
here is a pic of the 402's in action last grow.
Nice results. I've never seen those lights.

I just saw the price... No wonder I don't know about them. :eek:

I say post up plant photos that include lights in the shot, unless your not proud of what your getting with your lights... Opinions are one thing, results tell the story. Mines on page two and it was just flipped to 12/12...
Enough opinions, let's see what ya got.:cheesygrinsmiley:
:blunt:

You can see my light in my display pic.
If you're response was directed to what I said I was in no way implying that qb's are inferior in any way. Any fixture using top bin samsung diodes is on top atm. What I am talking about is cost. Cost efficiency is all led lights are about atm until new info comes out in the future. My point was that for the price and cheaper, you can get 2 pucks for one qb, resulting in 142 more diodes.

You can see my light in my display pic.
If you're response was directed to what I said I was in no way implying that qb's are inferior in any way. Any fixture using top bin samsung diodes is on top atm. What I am talking about is cost. Cost efficiency is all led lights are about atm until new info comes out in the future. My point was that for the price and cheaper, you can get 2 pucks for one qb, resulting in 142 more diodes.
No problems here or with you... I want to see what ALL these light can do, not what the light looks like.
Plants with lights in a photo.:cheesygrinsmiley:
:thumb:

Nice results. I've never seen those lights.

I just saw the price... No wonder I don't know about them. :eek:

yes as I stated in an early post they are pricey ,however those prices are very competitive for the market they are in and lead in my opinion .

Thank you and I am very pleased with them. Those pics where mid flower here are the end results and yes that is a 2 liter bottle and yes the first two are of the same cola . so you could say they already paid for themselves in my eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_3917.JPG
    IMG_3917.JPG
    682.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3918.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG
    676.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_39221.jpg
    IMG_39221.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 29
What ever works for ya...:blunt:
All grow spaces are not created equal.

Watts working for me is Timber COBs 3K and 1750K with a few QBs mixed in.

What I did was work my way up. Started out with cheap lighting and up-graded.

HID was/is still the cheapest and produces. I don't use them but they are still a factor when considering costs.

I think the lighting people are trying to figure out what spectrum lighting is going to be the most efficient for plants. LED lighting for hoo-man consumption is a much larger segment of the lighting market.

We in back seat for now.

Back
Top Bottom