Recommend Best Full Spectrum LED Grow Lights?

Wulves

My next grow #2 , I want to do things differently.
I did my 1st grow under CFL.
It was the easiest to set up at the time.
But the dozen lamps , wires all over , adjusting dozens of lamps almost daily was really to much after awhile.
We have to move again by September I want to start my second grow.
And want some advice on something I know nothing about.
Full Spectrum LED strip lights.
So I'm going with 2 plants , a modest grow tent .
Can you guys and gals point me in the right direction.
They look complicated with the different colors and wattage and it's kinda overwhelming.
Thank you :peace:

I have big quantums with the far red included and so far they are pretty amazing. Better than the COB's I had before!

I use a 600 w Philzon NeverWinter led which actually draws 153 w.....here's a pic..

Attachments

• 20190510_123102.jpg
    20190510_123102.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 122
Quantum Boards

Hands down, all I use now

Just got some delivered during the week.. Sold my creee3590 to a friend on the cheap. I regretted selling them.. Plugged the qb in, how bright these things are, regret left fairly quickly, lol.. Can't wait to set these up in the tent..

Why are QB's better than Cobs? What makes them better?
I run Cree 3590 3000K 90CRI in one system and 3500K 80CRI in another.
Just want to make sure I am not missing something.:volcano-smiley:

I had no problem with the 3590 except electricity. I found with 3590 45w square foot in my environment, I hope the qb will get that down to 35w.. Doesn't sound like much but power seems like it's twice as expensive in Australia..

The only drawback to QBs... and before I have tomatoes thrown at me let me preface by saying I own some... is you can’t adjust and dim by spectrum. Mark my words this will become a defacto standard in all LED lights in the future should they survive and not be surpassed by some new tech not available yet. Being able to control the spectrum and intensity = being able to control the plant. Still a field in study, but IMO very important and a gap for QBs. They are great lights though.

DIY strip light using Pacific Light Concepts Photoboost strips is probably about the best overall because of the even coverage.
Other than that some form of a Quantum Board is hard to beat.

The FGI (Forever Green Indoor) lights look fairly decent also.
Their newest one is 20" square draws 200w and puts out about 650 PPFD at 18" off canopy.
That ain't bad for $350 and it has a very nice spectrum.

I am obliged and very happy to point you in the direction of Our Sponsors. They have lights for any pocket, whatever you decide to buy, including QBs and COBs, and often have deals for 420 Magazine members.

It's thanks to them that we are all here, so please pay it back if you can.

I thank you. :)

I am obliged and very happy to point you in the direction of Our Sponsors. They have lights for any pocket, whatever you decide to buy, including QBs and COBs, and often have deals for 420 Magazine members.

It's thanks to them that we are all here, so please pay it back if you can.

I thank you. :)
Thank you I'm wide open to suggestions and will examine each option suggested here. :peace:

Greetings @Wulves! I am going to make it more complicated. For overall efficiency and a spectrum that more appeals to me, I am going to throw out a nod to COB LED. I like the CREE 3000k 90CRI chips, with a small mix of 5000k COBs in the array so as to very closely match the full spectrum of our sun.
Thank you hope all is well.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom