Recommend Me Some Good Books

Da Great 1

Hi

If you guys dont mind could you recommend me some good books.Preferably some with action or just some thats good overall.:peace:

All creatures great and small by James Herriot.

Its about his experiences as a Vet. SOUNDS BORING? be prepared to be suprised how farm animals can be so entertaining. :)

Marine Sniper and Silent Warrior by Charles Henderson are two amazing non fiction books about Carlos Hathcock, one of the greatest snipers that ever existed in vietnam.

ya id get 13 Cent Killers by John culbertson

its a book about vietnam the guy that wrote it was a sniper was actually there actually fought and the book is called 13 cent killers because that how much 1 bullet cost in 1967 13 cents

if you like dogs, get Marly and Me, its one of those books that by the end of you will feel like Marley weas your dog.....or any of the hitch hikers quide to the galaxy books are good, im ready the Painted house by Jon Grisham at the moment, im half way through and totally absorbed by the story, hes an excellent writer.

Thanks for all the recommendations will consider all of them.

I'm more a action,mystery type guy.

Like I like violence type books(mafia,criminal,military)

Iight,I will check that out.

I AM LEGEND by Richard Matheson............. great book. But hurry up before they release the movie.......... I heard through the vine that Will Smith is the starring role (Neville fyi) I just don't see it even standing up to the book a lil' bit..... but it'll be interesting to see regardless. I'm pumped it'll be the first time I've actually read the book before I saw the movie:cheesygrinsmiley:

Also anything by Chuck Palahniuk is good IMO.... look into him.......... He wrote FIGHT CLUB. My fav. is CHOKE.... crazy book;like no other.............

Lemme know what you end up getting and whatnot........ even if it's not one I mentioned..........

I love books:cheesygrinsmiley::allgood:

I don't really like reading I can't stand it but I feel as my vocab isn't exactly where it should be.So I'm kinda trying to fix that as soon as possible.

I will also take that one into consideration.

Not Without Laughter

Langston Hughes

Blackwater- The rise of the world's most powerful mercenary army-
Jeremy Shahill. I am in the process of reading this one. Quite an alarming account of where all those Iraq dollars are Really going.

Oooo. I love this question.

I'm a HUGE bibliophile. Obviously, since I use words like bibliophile, and know what they mean. Anyway...

Anything buy Steven Hunter is good. Mystery, intrigue, snipers and marines... he does it all so well. I have yet to find one of his I don't like. My favorite was my first, Sniper. They recently mad it into a movie with Matt Damon (It sucked) called... Shooter. What, we couldn't figure out it out on our own? You had to change the name, and then say in EVERY damn commercial, "Based on the book Sniper, by Steven Hunter."

I digress. I loved the movie adaptation for "Memoirs of a Geisha" MY all time favorite movie based on a book.

Which brings me to the Abyss. One of my favorite movies, ever. Usually when they write a book based on the movie, it sucks. Hard. This one was turned into a GREAT novel by Orson Scott Card, who is SUCH a great Sci-Fi Fantasy kinda author.

There. Have I proved I have mad reading skills? And love of all things great and geeky?

And the love of WORDS... Oh, I've missed them so much!

*Sniff* The Lady

I started reading a book called Burning Rainbow Farm: How a Stoner Utopia Went Up in Smoke.
It was really interesting, and took place in Michigan, but unfortunately I was unable to finish it.

Any of the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling. If you haven't read any of them at all, I would start at 3 and go from there because the first two are very childish and slow. But if you are working on your vocabulary and reading, HP is pretty good for that with the first two books as well as the others.

"God is not Great" by Christopher Hitchens. A great look at what religion has done bad over the ages and how those past events and the events of today with religion are affecting our world for the worse.

"Ironman" by Cris Crutcher. About a kid with problems with his teacher and ex-coach that is forced to go into a special class at school for anger management. While he's in there, he decides to run a marathon. It's a fantastic book and I know that the vocabulary and structure is not too difficult because I read it in middle school/high school. It also is a very deep book. Made me cry, but it will probably just make you think.

"A Wrinkle in Time" - Kinda sci-fi about kids traveling through time. Been a long time since I read it but I've always remembered that it's good.

"Holes" - Please tell me you have read this. If not, you should get it ASAP. It is an awesome book with a mystery and it is VERY easy to read. It's basically about a kid who was sent to a camp for juvenile offenders and they have to dig a hole every single day as part of their punishment. Lot of plot twists.

Any Mythology book, but Edith Hamilton has a good edition. The stories surround Greco-Roman gods and stories about them. Very interesting and normally the stories are shorter, so you can finish a small story in one setting.

Animal Farm, Brave New World, 1984, Tuesdays with Morrie, Of Mice and Men, The Giver...There are way too many good books for me to go on, I'd be here all night.

The Belgarion by David Eddings,about a boy who moves with his grandfather,only to find he also has powers.about the will and the word,or sorcery,its a gr8 read,also Belgarth The Sorceror,and Polgara The sorceress,also part of this gr8 series.highly recomended to hollywood,hear me MR.spielberg!

Blackwater- The rise of the world's most powerful mercenary army-
Jeremy Shahill. I am in the process of reading this one. Quite an alarming account of where all those Iraq dollars are Really going.

dude i read some reviews on this based on your rec... i think im going to go buy it. haha sounds pretty gnarls

Back
Top Bottom